Recent Topics

Ads

Gear disparity: Anything to be done?

Let's talk about... everything else
Dreadspectre

Re: Gear disparity: Anything to be done?

Post#11 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:41 pm

Penril wrote:Well that's your problem right there. You are running as a 2H, guarding 3 players (I assume you were guarding, If you weren't that's another problem), one of them a squishy Choppa, and only had one healer. Even at rank 40 with good gear this setup is not that good.
Yeah but why would we need to be ultra competitive? People are complaining not enough people are grouping, but now we need to group with meta comps?

Do we not see where this leads? lol

I was expecting to get stomped anyway so it's not that big of a deal, but nothing turns off a group of players more than realizing the "comp" they'd end up playing together as will never win anything now.

I mean do we want SC's to be for competitive proper team comps only or just get in there and smash faces? Either way, someone loses I guess.
Mrskullhead - DPS Zealot
Axeocalypse - 2H BO
Stayawhile - Magus
Pleasehammer Donthurtem - 2H WP
Fathermcgruder Arsekicker - RP
Poundtown - 2H IB

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#12 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Your comp was crap. You need to go snb and have marauder go savagery. Monstrosity is useless in sc.

Darosh
Banned

Post#13 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:45 pm

Dreadspectre wrote:
Penril wrote:Well that's your problem right there. You are running as a 2H, guarding 3 players (I assume you were guarding, If you weren't that's another problem), one of them a squishy Choppa, and only had one healer. Even at rank 40 with good gear this setup is not that good.
Yeah but why would we need to be ultra competitive? People are complaining not enough people are grouping, but now we need to group with meta comps?

Do we not see where this leads? lol

I was expecting to get stomped anyway so it's not that big of a deal, but nothing turns off a group of players more than realizing the "comp" they'd end up playing together as will never win anything now.

I mean do we want SC's to be for competitive proper team comps only or just get in there and smash faces? Either way, someone loses I guess.
Sporting a bunch of sub40's, to low level to even equip entry gear and yet expecting to get just about anything done...
What Penril stated generally holds true, but a setup like still this would still be workable to some extent - i.e.: whilst pugging SCs - up until to the point that has you face coordinated, properly setup opposition.

In other words, every setup is workable against pugs - coordination is more than enough to bridge gear gaps and farm pugs, in any case.

E: Words, fml the typos are real.
Last edited by Darosh on Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Penril

Post#14 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:45 pm

If you expect to win with a lowbie premade that's not even full, while wearing T3 (maybe T2?) gear, and claim there is Gear disparity because you lost, well... I don't know what to say.

@Darosh: Yeah, that setup would work fine if they just do SCs, the BO was spec'd defensively with lots of parry to mitigate guard damage, the mDPS played defensively, everyone protected the Dok, and they never faced a full 6-man as skilled as them.

It is 100% not viable for zerg-busting.

Dreadspectre

Post#15 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:49 pm

Jesus the elitist snark is strong this morning.

Sorry to burden you guys lol. I guess I'll enjoy wearing the only set I can get ahold of for the next 3+ weeks that doesn't give bonuses to my playstyle and maybe grind out Merc sometime this year ;)

NA population and stacked SC's ftw for RR and Emblem farming. Wooooooo

My only hope is RVR I think :?
Mrskullhead - DPS Zealot
Axeocalypse - 2H BO
Stayawhile - Magus
Pleasehammer Donthurtem - 2H WP
Fathermcgruder Arsekicker - RP
Poundtown - 2H IB

freshour
Banned

Post#16 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:50 pm

Really a good idea to stick to "hard-meta" specs at least until you are 40 and have better gear. This game is hard for a lot of reasons. There are primarily 2-2-2 comps for a reason. Everyone has a role and until you get good enough gear/RR/weapons etc you really have be fairly cookie cutter to compete.

I play melee DoK. I would prefer melee healing like on my WP but DoK really just can't do that role as well so I play more support DD. If you go into an SC with t2-3 gear, with terrible weapons and RR, you will be absolutely obliterated with a melee DoK. If you are rank 40, have merc/domi level 40 sc wep, 50+ RR and a 2h tank (I like them more than SnB honestly), who has his RR up and geared enough to have solid parry/disrupt etc... you can actually be quite successful until you reach the top 5-10% of players as generally 2-2-2 wins for a reason. It is a game designed around archetypes. Obviously those archetypes will generally be more successful unless you take the time to not only master the class, but get the gear to push you every little % further that you possibly can.

Darosh
Banned

Post#17 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Penril wrote: @Darosh: Yeah, that setup would work fine if they just do SCs, the BO was spec'd defensively with lots of parry to mitigate guard damage, the mDPS played defensively, everyone protected the Dok, and they never faced a full 6-man as skilled as them.

It is 100% not viable for zerg-busting.
Certainly not, by no stretch of the imagination - I didn't mean to imply that either, I thought I hadn't.
But it doesn't take alot of luck these days to dodge premades, given how few are still around - how little coverage there is (NA/EU).

Penril

Post#18 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:54 pm

You didn't. I was expanding my post :)
Dreadspectre wrote:Jesus the elitist snark is strong this morning.
There is no elitism in this thread. People are only pointing out that there is no basis for your claim (that there is gear disparity in T4) and giving you advice on what to do. Let's recap:

- respec the BO for SnB, go full defensive (lots of block mostly).
- Mara goes Savagery for debuffs. Possibly gear him defensively as well.
- Choppa will die a lot.
- Everyone should pull back and help the Dok immediately if he ever is in trouble.
- Cleansing Wind and Resolute Defense might be a good idea if you have the renown points for them.
- Make healing potions.
- Get full Ruin.

It is up to you if you want to follow those tips. But, again: Gear disparity isn't that bad in T4. I solo on a rr46 Sorc wearing full Mercenary (which is pretty cheap these days) and usually do ok.

Ads
Collateral

Post#19 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:07 pm

The problem with running a 2h tank in a premade full of mdps is that you lose HTL. Yes you can max out your DD with rr, but if you're bellow 40, I doubt you have enough rr to come even close to min-maxing your char rr wise. And with that problem, comes the problem that order has a crap ton of rdps. Any decent rdps will focus the 2h tank, there are no second thoughts, and especially if he's squishy/lowbie. You kill the tank in seconds, mdps lose guard/HTL, and gg.

I recommend you look at the BO build thread. There is literally no reason for you not to go snb in a premade. And trust me, if you build right, you won't lose almost any damage.

Eathisword

Post#20 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:13 pm

Dreadspectre wrote:Jesus the elitist snark is strong this morning.

Sorry to burden you guys lol. I guess I'll enjoy wearing the only set I can get ahold of for the next 3+ weeks that doesn't give bonuses to my playstyle and maybe grind out Merc sometime this year ;)

NA population and stacked SC's ftw for RR and Emblem farming. Wooooooo

My only hope is RVR I think :?
There was no snark that I saw. Just plain truth. I leveled a lot of toons (about 10 to 40), some very recently. There are some key things inevitable to everyone :

1- The only 2 archetypes that can do well in T4 being sub-40 and badly geared are defensive tanks and healers. Because for them, very few stats matter. Spec, position and skill is more important. Rdps is somewhat debatable, they can ''live'' but lack of gear means lackluster damage.

2- Mdps must be 40, have Epic weapons, Ruin or better, decent talisman and potions. Same for offensive tanks. This is not because of gear imbalances but simply because of how combat formulas work. Those classes needs good stats, good weapon dps to do remotely any damage. Rdps and casters (heals) have it easier because they rely on Hot/dot or cast time to make up a bit (cast time act as a multiplier vs opponent defensive stat). Then, melees also need more stats for good defense as they will soak 90% of the damage thrown in a scen. Rdps and healers generally can get away with poor defense if they position smart. Melee have no choice.

So from there, I would suggest to simply grind PvE to 40 with your group. Farming champions should get you all to 40 in no time + you can scavenge them, which would provide blue and purple talis to all your group + some leftover for good money. When you reach 38,5, just get the Epic weapon quests. Doing all 3 will bring you to 40 and you will have very strong weapons (I am RR68 fully decked out and I still use Epic weapon).
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.