Recent Topics

Ads

Post Patch Powerleveling?

Let's talk about... everything else
Jaycub

Post Patch Powerleveling?

Post#1 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:07 pm

Haven't rerolled anything lately, and now I'd like to but it seems powerleveling got a nerf. Before it was about 5-6 hours or 4 with an out of party healer at any decent t4 spot for 1-32.

Reading patch notes they decreased xp gains based on level difference so high levels get more of the overall XP, however being near a PQ and killing proper PQ mobs seems to reverse this somewhat. Best place I have found is cinderfall gnoblar PQ were I seem to be getting ~800xp a kill, however with the PQ reset, running around and unfavorable mob density the math works out to about 11+ hours of mind numbing grinding to get to t4, although still much much much faster than actually slogging through t2-3 especially NA time.

Was wondering if anyone knows any good spots or tricks, I just can't really deal with having essentially a part time job for a week or two leveling a character through the lower tiers where nothing matters and you aren't working towards any kind of end game gear and action is significantly slower.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
spikespiegel84

Re: Post Patch Powerleveling?

Post#2 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:37 pm

Grovod caverns, or else 40champs in BC. Your friends put him low life (no dots) and you finish it. Be outside party.

Jaycub

Post#3 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:39 pm

spikespiegel84 wrote:Grovod caverns, or else 40champs in BC. Your friends put him low life (no dots) and you finish it. Be outside party.

Thanks for the ideas, I'm probably gonna test a few out tonight.

I'll calculate the xp per hour and post them here

Zaxxond

Post#4 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:06 pm

Glad to see you back. It's always good for the server to have a great competitor come back.

kriegheim

Post#5 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:43 pm

From 1lv to ~5-7 lv (to kill the 29-31lv champions later) - Mount Bloodhorn, Gates of Ekrund landmark: some 15-16lv ghost dwarfs/greenskins (RvR zone>buffed), ~2k per kill.

Then as spikespiegel84 said, we have some champions:
29lv dark elfs in Saphery,
31lv trolls in Kadrin Valley,
40lv trolls in Black Crag

31lv champs are optimal for farmer with scav (150lv frags, less time to waste their health), ~8-11k per kill.

The engineer with beer keg (trench,+dmg near the turret tactics) is well suited for this.

Dabbart

Post#6 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:26 am

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21401

It's not that bad. Also, if you farm mobs about 10lvls higher than the PLd toon, you get the "best" xp per kill ratio, but you lose a lot of time changing/finding locations, same issue arises if you utilize PQs. Lots of Down Time. I used the spot that I PLd your magus at(in reik) in that thread for numbers reference.

Wb btw.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Jaycub

Post#7 » Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:35 pm

Last hitting champs in t4 is easily pushing over 1m+ xp per hour which is great. Found that to make it smooth you need be be around level 15 and in greens from ah to deal enough dmg to 35+ champs.

Although I have to give praise to the dev team for combining t2 and 3, and adding the debolster sets in. While NA is still dead there, I had a chance to play t3 rvr today and there was a lot of people there contributing to the population that would otherwise not be, more changes to make leveling smoother and fun and people like me who have their heads stuck in endgame and are a bit burnt out on pre t4 stuff will be dropping power leveling altogether.