Ads

Population

Let's talk about... everything else
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Population

Post#41 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:40 am

Tamarlan wrote:
saupreusse wrote:We are all doomed! The end is near! EPA EPAAA!
Of course not but still a problem. The reduced number is noticeable in a negative way. Scenario pop very slow. Facing the same players in scenarios over and over again.
As the playerbase and not the lines of code is the real value of this project I would at least spend some thoughts in root cause analysis.
ofc its nice to have many ppl playing. would also be cool to have a lively na community. but if we break it down the game simply is just a shadow of what it was at this early stage of development. some might ask why we always say "early" development, isnt most of the stuff working already?
Heck, no! just last week i finally came around to fix one of our tools so we can correctly place just quest markers in AD and IC. Hargrim finally started to understand what the shitload amount of unknown data in our npc creation tool means. I could go on and on because theres so much stuff that we either do not know yet or have been doing wrong the whole time.
Ive been literally flying around half an hour looking for zone 50 but it obviously hides itself pretty good. all this stuff has to be cleared out first to create a reasonable working environment. So even if something might seem easy theres a good chance to cause you a pain in the ass just because of our early dev status. I bet torque could tell tales.

Ads
Hitzbak
Suspended

Post#42 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:25 pm

All this game is, is rvr, scs, city seige, tovl/colossus and professions/mounts.

You say the game is just a shadow when actually its probably more than 70% complete. All the stuff I did on live as a 'hardcore' player, I pretty much did on here.

There are other reasons why people dont play.

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#43 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:47 pm

Hitzbak wrote:All this game is, is rvr, scs, city seige, tovl/colossus and professions/mounts.

You say the game is just a shadow when actually its probably more than 70% complete. All the stuff I did on live as a 'hardcore' player, I pretty much did on here.

There are other reasons why people dont play.
Hardcore? Keep dreaming baddie :roll:

Waaghaa

Post#44 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Man, it's summer, atleast for a majority of us Europeans it means alot of other stuff than sitting in front of the screen late at night, running up and down the same lakes, now for some, doing that is probably the meaning of life itself, for me and others, it is not, going away tomorrow on vacation and wont be back until august, I will hopefully not even look at a computer during this time.

Speaking of meaning of life, the same goes when it comes to computer or video games, for some, it is only 1 game that matters, for other like myself, I am a mood player, if I am not in the mood for Warhammer (which happens) , I pause it and play something else for awhile and I know for a fact that I am not alone in this, hell my previous guild, alot of players left for Starwars online (I for battlefield 1) - but they will come back eventually, population will fluctuate alot, they day that the devs unlock city sieges for example, a shitload of players will log on, same goes for dungeons and Lotd - all who are absent are that because they are waiting for that special "something" to be unlocked.
Spoiler:

Jaycub

Post#45 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:57 pm

Spoiler:
Go back to x3 xp and watch the population increase :^)
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

shaggyboomboom

Post#46 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:00 pm

Jaycub wrote:
Spoiler:
Go back to x3 xp and watch the population increase :^)
even 2x would be good, but then i got my WP from lvl 16 to 32 in 2 days via questing, so that doesnt say much

Hitzbak
Suspended

Post#47 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:50 pm

@stickzy
I was hardcore, I was crafting at least 5 +11STR talis a day.

Dalgrimar

Post#48 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:02 pm

You cant keep using "alpha server" or "shadow of WAR" as an excuse tbh.
The main aspect of the game is for 90% done.
People dont play this game for PvE.
And if they do, they are playing the wrong game.
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Ads
RyanMakara

Post#49 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:42 pm

Dalgrimar wrote:You cant keep using "alpha server" or "shadow of WAR" as an excuse tbh.
Comments like this make me so glad the player base isn't in charge of overall game design. We will in time restore all aspects of this once great game even if a hive mind of PvP oriented players wish to conform the entire server to their personal preferences. You think dungeons won't ever return? What about more seasonal events that go beyond RvR?

dansari

Post#50 » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:11 pm

Spoiler:
RyanMakara wrote:
Dalgrimar wrote:You cant keep using "alpha server" or "shadow of WAR" as an excuse tbh.
Comments like this make me so glad the player base isn't in charge of overall game design. We will in time restore all aspects of this once great game even if a hive mind of PvP oriented players wish to conform the entire server to their personal preferences. You think dungeons won't ever return? What about more seasonal events that go beyond RvR?
And comments like this make me glad as well. Yes, I think the PVE crowd is in the minority (personally I see it as a means to an end and that end is PVP), but that doesn't mean that people don't enjoy this game for its PVE content. It also doesn't mean that more people won't enjoy it with how much more PVE content we could yet enjoy (with time and bug fixes). I would personally love to do dungeon raids with an alliance warband -- I didn't play to that extent on live but I remember being a young teenager running through dungeons in DAOC and there's a certain nostalgia associated with that... even if it means the gear I get makes me better in PVP, it's still something I might enjoy.

Additionally, the game is 90% done? What? We still have so many things -- LOTD, city sieges, hell not even all the PQs are fixed! There's still a lot more to enjoy in the game.
<Salt Factory>