Post#141 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:44 am

Ohh! Sounds promising Altharion! :D
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Ads
anarchypark

Re: Population

Post#142 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:07 am

so you guys prefer that a lot of ppl gather at small area and killing each other.
isn't it zerg when 1side became outnumbered?
what's your solution for 24vs12, 24vs6?

this system makes zerg to split. more chance for even fight at field. you can still find big battles at keep.

easy zerg fight, easy gears are no more. It's only fun when you're winning.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Oldschool

Post#143 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:06 pm

Its fun when you are winning AND you had a good fight as well. To win against the timer a BO Needs to get done, a Keep Needs to fall if you only fights npc or win 4:1 Destro vs Order in T2/t3 isnt much fun, not for the abolute overwhelming Destros or the totaly outnumbered Orders.
I prefere to Play for the "loser" side, cause I want to help and want to have a challange, but there is no challange to Play as Order in T2/T3. Destros most of the time double or more the numbers of Order Player.
No balance - no fun - no game. Only Thing what you can do is log off and wait for better times to come.

Tesq

Post#144 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:07 pm

want analyze why t1-t3 is better than t4 and or why you have better memory fight there when teh cap was there? fast tell ..look how maps are done in t1-t3 compared to t4;

open wide areas with no forced roads vs praag/cw/etaine/reickland as only good design map for t4

the rest of t4 maps are a ppl funneled in 2 max 3 road in all the map (TM,KV,DW, being the best exemple)

Wanna fix the rvr system? start from map fix, whole t4 ork vs dwarf should be totally redesigned same goes for t4 elf... tough the most painfulls are dwarf/ork ones.

TM-> need a wide tunnel system
BC-> need a bridge system
KV -> need both of above

Caledor -> need better pve roads.....
DW -> need shortcut of some kind between difference in high

th3gatekeeper

Post#145 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:20 pm

Darosh wrote: The population of this private server (that actually sticks around) is made up almost entirely of people that played (extensively) on the live servers, most of the "new players" are old players that find this private server and rejoice; that know what they are signing up for (in regards to grouping, gear and RvR).
Entirely new players will stick around if this private server, the very essence - the soul if you will - suits them, if not they'll bugger off into the distance to jump on a modern game.
See, I see this as a problem. If we are to pigeon hole this games "target market" to only LIVE players, and then also due to horrible Oceanic ping - many oceanic players will leave, as well NA players who have 120-200+ Ping (I average 160). You are intentionally hurting yourself for no reason.

Also, there is a reason this game died on LIVE. They have said over and over again, this ISNT LIVE, its an entirely different game and the goal of the DEVs isnt to "re-make LIVE" its to make the best game they can. This means the best game they can in today's gaming culture.

I have known MANY MANY LIVE players who rejoice to play ROR, but then shortly after leave for many reasons. If ALL this game is meant to be is a place to "re-live" LIVE then its bound to fail, bound to keep losing population over time.

If, on the other hand, they want to make the best game possible, and appeal to not just old "LIVE" players but ANY gamer who wants a PVP MMORPG... Well then this is where IMO some mechanics and changes NEED to be different from LIVE.

I find ROR very special. Its focus on "harcore" PVP is what keeps me here. I dont want it to change its identity... but I think we need to take a good long hard look at some of the LIVE things and determine if they have a place in ROR or not.

For instance, we have a low population on this server, yet we have the same size/scale of the massive T4 zones which were built for MASSIVE battles - much larger populations than ROR supports... So this is where I ask "should we keep it the same"?

There is a reason everyone LOVED t1, T2, T3 - because those zones were smaller and they fit a smaller community PERFECTLY.

There is a reason that here in T4, population has been stagnant and after people get gear, many DO leave. I am not all "doom and gloom" but I write this because I want ROR to succeed. and I think the DEVs do as well, which is why they are experimenting wiht new RVR mechanics etc.
Sulfuras - Knight
Viskag - Chosen
Ashkandi - Swordmaster
Syzzle - Bright Wizard
Curz - Marauder
Andrithil - Blackguard

freshour
Banned

Post#146 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:44 pm

I agree with the maps being too big but when I asked about possibly making mounts faster that was immediately shut down and I was told things get "weird" when people move faster than that... But I also don't think the zones themselves can be scaled down in size. I just remember highpass/talabec - you could be anywhere in just a minute or two, you could roam in any direction - i loved that freaking map, heck I loved every single t3 map. But t4 maps have such a scale to them that unless we had 500-600 people all in that lake... it is just meant to support WAY more people than we have. But I don't even think that can be adjusted. Really wish occasionally we could use the lower tier maps for t4 play like for certain weekends or something like that. Gosh it'd be cool to use some of those maps that don't get much use.

Hitzbak
Suspended

Post#147 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:05 am

Ok stop, its like listening to sports commentators. Predicting things and talking about the obvious. When actually none of it matters.

I didnt mean for this to go so far, what have I DONE.

Jaycub

Post#148 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:10 am

Hitzbak wrote:Ok stop, its like listening to sports commentators. Predicting things and talking about the obvious. When actually none of it matters.

I didnt mean for this to go so far, what have I DONE.
Spoiler:
:^)
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
shaggyboomboom

Post#149 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:07 am

implementing a set that splits a population (overlord/imperator) did well, spliting the population that already is 350-550 big :)

Ravai

Post#150 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:56 am

There is only so many times you can push kv or fight the same 20 people in rotation doing scenarios.

Also the direction the devs are taking with regards to pve improvements and lower tier enhancements did as Shaggy mentioned, split an already dwindling population even more. Tier 1 is fun as its usually buzzing with action and instant pops, Tier 2 and 3 I still think is leaving far too many players in limbo land for large portions of each day. Its just not efficient to xp via pvp during that level bracket at any point outside of primetime (we're not discussing pve quests as I'd rather watch paint dry).

It will recover though, echoing what Alth said, as soon as a new pvp set is introduced or fortress/city sieges are implemented we'll see a surge in population. Cant speak for everybody, but some of the most enjoyable moments from playing the server this year was the month following the new conq gear, great fun :)
Last edited by Ravai on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gitrate - Rysto - Nuclearpotato - Tato - Billsmith - Avgor - Svarz - Svz - Dug - Mrglass - Ravz - Ripgor