Population

Let's talk about... everything else

Moderators: Developer, Management, Web Developer

freshour
Banned
Posts: 835

Re: Population

Post#91 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:38 am

I am all for QOL for but when you say cater to everyone? Ehhhhh it is their game, their vision, not ours. Entitlement is okay in very very few situations. The majority of the time it does not work out for the best.

Speaking for myself here but part of the reason I stick around is because these guys are so hard headed that I know if they ever do strike gold, it'll be because they stayed true to their goals/ideas and not some liberal/easymode/safespace type of game that "everyone can be good at" - WAR isn't an easy game to be really good at, and things like catering to every single idea to make things easier would break a very crucial part of the game that I believe keeps people coming back.

Ads
Arteker616
Posts: 413

Re: Population

Post#92 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:21 am

footpatrol2 wrote:Remove solo queing for sc's completely. The mindset this creates is toxic. Tie sc's back to the campaign. Only allow full groups of 6 to que. This will encourage player's to try to form a group and gets player's communicating with each other which is a good thing.

Soloer's / lonewolf's have ORvR.
then u could aswell start digging the hole for the remaining server population.

my solution is simple , 6 man to the two 6 man scs . competitive playing at best .Because lets be honest people do 6 mans rather in scs than rvr because it allow more chances to destroy and crush enemy with the less minnimun effort. and the proof is the number of 6 man in lakes is reduced compared to the sheer numbers one pug stomping in scs .

Because its fun hear alot of 6 mans moan about zerg , but they dont say a word when in lakes they roll over soloers or people in duos but swear like madmen when they got rolled over by zerg because they chased to deep near the wc and got killed .

do Scs contribute to the campaing zone locks? no they dont , so why force a competitive style on it rvr allready reward 6 mans over soloers , duos or wbs . so why they need to be cared more for scs . go out the lakes and fight on .But of course is easier pug stomp and moan about scs rather to take a risk and go toe to toe with others 6 man or the chance u found the zerg and got overrun 8-)

lilsabin
Posts: 619

Re: Population

Post#93 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:46 am

the problem with internet is that u have to deal with all kind of speccies :)

User avatar
Nefarian78
Posts: 396

Re: Population

Post#94 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:48 am

footpatrol2 wrote:Remove solo queing for sc's completely. The mindset this creates is toxic. Tie sc's back to the campaign. Only allow full groups of 6 to que. This will encourage player's to try to form a group and gets player's communicating with each other which is a good thing.

Soloer's / lonewolf's have ORvR.
Im sure that if your intention is to kill this server, that would be the fastest and most effective way possible.
Vorak - Capulet

User avatar
Marsares
Posts: 364

Re: Population

Post#95 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:17 am

footpatrol2 wrote:Remove solo queing for sc's completely. The mindset this creates is toxic. Tie sc's back to the campaign. Only allow full groups of 6 to que. This will encourage player's to try to form a group and gets player's communicating with each other which is a good thing.

Soloer's / lonewolf's have ORvR.
On paper, a good idea. In practice, a terrible one I'm afraid.

The competitive game-play in this game is totally dead. Look around you, how many organised WBs and 6-mens do you see these days, outside the usual suspects? It's always a few 6-mens, the same Guild WBs and the same handful of individuals that start PUG WBs.

This game has had it heyday and has degenerated into a total PUGfest. Obviously I don't have any statistics, but it appears to me that the vast majority of players just pop in and out irregularly for a bit of game-time and lack time in general to join a decent guild. A lot of players, like me, that still wish to play hardcore also have less time than on Live, being married with kids etc.

You can't force people to do certain things. The casual players will just casually play another game if they can't get any fun out of their limited play-time. Your suggestion may work for the more hardcore players, but let's be honest... that's a pretty small percentage of the server, as demonstrated by the abysmal failure in recent times to get enough take-up on 6-men tournaments.

At the end of the day, the Devs have been the creator of their own downfall there. If you make scenarios fun and engaging, then it doesn't matter as much if you lose. After all, you win some, you lose some. But if you introduce Asian style grinds for gear and players are looking at 1,500+ medals for their scenario gear, then every loss matters, and if you're unguilded or in a not-so good guild then a PUG scenario will generally speaking yield better results.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

Sulorie
Posts: 4700

Re: Population

Post#96 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:45 am

Marsares wrote: At the end of the day, the Devs have been the creator of their own downfall there. If you make scenarios fun and engaging, then it doesn't matter as much if you lose. After all, you win some, you lose some. But if you introduce Asian style grinds for gear and players are looking at 1,500+ medals for their scenario gear, then every loss matters, and if you're unguilded or in a not-so good guild then a PUG scenario will generally speaking yield better results.
When the only reason to play is certain gear, which isn't even required to compete, then yes, it might be demotivating.
Dying is no option.

Oldschool
Posts: 31

Re: Population

Post#97 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:54 am

The Point is "why People Play RoR and what they want" ?
And to be honest, I see in T1 and T2 Order sitting around BOs in Dwarf and let there ticking for getting Renown Points etc running and at the same time I see Destro sitting in Elves and do the same. They are still not interested to fight, they stick at a BO and thats it....T4 is a zergfest as it was at live.
If the Equip you wanna have or Need is for more or less free, the Renown Points are only for skilling, maybe then They will start to do some "Action" only for fun, not for medals.

At least, Server lose Population and thats for a couple of reasons.
Only question is: how to deal with it?! Without People Open Pvp is dead, SCs are not popping and People quiet cause of waisting time to grind and wait for there Action.

User avatar
flintboth
Posts: 441

Re: Population

Post#98 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:09 am

The staffs have do their best to make RoR a group game, all working much better for organised group. Game mechanics are done for group and guild.
If guild players and 6 man players leave the game this is probably because they are completely satiated.
And you whine again about what it should be made for make the group unavoidable... everything has already been done for it.

Population was low before the holidays, NA time is empty.

If one thing have not been done this is for the Realm and the Roleplay, for the Warhammer conflict tradition, there is no brotherhood in Realm membership as it should be. Like many players was expecting here.
Low Tier are not included in the conflict, new players have to deal T1 (16lvl) >>jump to the>> T3
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

Ads
Sulorie
Posts: 4700

Re: Population

Post#99 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:39 am

Good fights lately in midtier during EU primetime. When t4 is too much zerg, go there and play for the fun of it and don't hunt for silly conq currency.
Dying is no option.

User avatar
Elftwin95
Posts: 464
Contact:

Re: Population

Post#100 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:24 am

flintboth wrote:The staffs have do their best to make RoR a group game, all working much better for organised group. Game mechanics are done for group and guild.
If guild players and 6 man players leave the game this is probably because they are completely satiated.
And you whine again about what it should be made for make the group unavoidable... everything has already been done for it.

Population was low before the holidays, NA time is empty.

If one thing have not been done this is for the Realm and the Roleplay, for the Warhammer conflict tradition, there is no brotherhood in Realm membership as it should be. Like many players was expecting here.
Low Tier are not included in the conflict, new players have to deal T1 (16lvl) >>jump to the>> T3
As first and formost a roleplayer I have to agree with Flintboth, thought I understand with full respect that this is a PvP game first and a "roleplaying" game second. Still, I would very much like to see some sort of roleplaying and realm-community building for RoR in the future if that is a possiblilty. :)
Eldoir Duskoath SW 40/71 Shadowmaster of the Eternal Host

Strike swiftly aim true

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chauchenator152, Darkenar, Hecksa, KidCrestHill, Nitrous, Strings, thedonkeykong332, Thorakk, TwistedSister77, Wrackin and 46 guests