Recent Topics

Ads

T1 Feedback

Let's talk about... everything else
scatterthewinds

T1 Feedback

Post#1 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:58 pm

Empire is great, but dwarf and elf makes me want to not play the game at all or farm pve mobs for exp. The core of the problem is the current system promotes a passive playstyle, where you need to stay on a flag and wait for a fight to come to you as oppose to knowing where there is a fight and actively going towards it. On empire you can sort of bounce between harvest and mid, ignoring boat and still get continuous action but the other zones are too spread apart.

Capping zones is also very difficult. E.G if you have a 24 people vs 12 people, and the attackers put party of 6 on each flag, the 12 defenders can go from BO to BO and run over the flag defenders without much difficulty, maybe leaving 1 guy behind to sit on a flag. The fights are still imbalanced. The gameplay of the attackers is a long duration of standing at a flag or patrolling an area, and then running into superior numbers they stand stand a chance anyways.

Some suggestions:
The most fun I had and am having in t1 is still the same old nordland fight at mid, ignoring boat and ignoring harvest except when there is guaranteed violence. Players want and love constant action, even if its imbalanced action. Personally, I would just make it first to 500 points wins the zone, with a kill = 1 point (x2 for near a BO), and controlling a flag for 1 minute = 3 points... or something along those lines. Maybe every minute your team controls a flag you get a decent (larger than current) renown bonus if you're in the vicinity.

Ads
KikkL
Banned

Re: T1 Feedback

Post#2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:40 pm

Yes the problem arises with the zerg. If there becomes 1 main area to fight in a zone. The zerg will always win. But running around, standing on bos is not combative and can be lame if you are lone man standing on BO while other wbs are off fighting.

The bos need to have some kind of lock or holding position, so the main focus can be directed in a more central place. But also allow freedom to take the other bos, if you are being overwhelmd and cannot face the zerg.

Also the zones become much larger and supplies come into play. T1 will probably have to function somewhat different than t2/3, t4.

anarchypark

Post#3 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:44 pm

It seems you like zerg play which this server trying to fix.
New system is more easy to predict enemy movement.
open map time to time. see the flag capped? that's where enemies are.
it could be 1 person or zerg.
I can't explain all the strategies here but mindless zerg is having disadvantage.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Wam

Post#4 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:14 am

Anarchy sounds like you want just 6 man boy bands running around T1 (which would be pointless, they are a dying breed in T4 as it is)... instead of pug warbands which are the life blood of the server on both sides

Don't make things too complex especially for tier one of all places

The maps in Ekrund/Shadowlands are so big because the mounts are so slow

You know in pugs people don't follow 100%... so the whole need to spread forces more than people spread in tier four to lock a tier one zone is a bit Mad/Crazy... who would want to create a force only to then have to spread it so thin

Look at it in T4 goggles, Ask Phalanx, TUP, Ocara, TESQ etc to consistantly split their forces in half and you will get are you mad/serious response... why bother even being in a team or joining a warband if you do not play together

Players want constant action, they want to fight... Guerrilla Style is more at home in T3 not T1

T1 = Arcade mode/basics (you really dont have many skills)
T3 = Guerrilla Style
T4 = Cyclical Warfare
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

Schweedy

Post#5 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:03 am

There is nothing complex about the new system in T1.

It's working as intented by allowing "somewhat" coordinated groupings capitalize on sloppily defended BOs by sloppily run Warbands. And if anything, it encourages greater player feedback, coordination, and engagement. No BO NPCs also makes WHs/WEs more relevant to RvR outcomes. Sneak > Blobs.

Fluid guerrilla warfare at it's finest, without the unnecessary buffer of NPC guards and long BO cooldown. Mindless zerglings looking for easy influence/renown be damned.
RP 70/AM 64
ZEAL 81/SHAM 66/DOK 60

anarchypark

Post#6 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:18 am

Wam wrote:
T1 = Arcade mode/basics (you really dont have many skills)
T3 = Guerrilla Style
T4 = Cyclical Warfare
IMO low tiers are just training ground b4 T4.
L2P tier.
currently in T4, it's hard to split WB.
half of the players are not good at small scale BO roaming.
This new system will give players chance to learn to split WB.
communication and war reports are also key.
players trained in new system will be more reliable forces in T4.

Wam

Post#7 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:19 am

T4 Is very Zergy though, so the training in smaller scale/roaming at tier one is im not sure the best kind of training so early in game when people don't even know their class... I think T2/T3 is the best time for that kind of training/style because the mounts/population imbalance/maps are better (there's alot of defensive structures for smaller forces in T3) or ambush points (I think T3 is the best designed maps in the game by far)

Population in T1 is spikey, T4 is also very spikey population as thats where most the player base is and large portion of players quit if they percieve they are on losing side of battle that day.

Population in mid tiers consistantly is lower/reactive... its where Guerrila warfare can really shine if done right because you don't have four warbands to come steamroll you. (its on average 1:1 1:2 ratio... instead of 1:4 ratio you can easily find in T4 and thats where tactics matter less and its purely more about mass/numbers)

I think longer term when these T1 zones... dont have alot of lvl 40's on both sides propping up their forces or leading them because of event novelty/changes... if active just one warband of 24 would have to split into 4 x 6 pug "premades" (i use that term loosley)

any Proper lowbie or debolstered premade would smash 6 pugs defending any bo any day any time over and over... before the 5 from the other bo close but not too close (slow mount = far)

or even a warband against half your number 12 puggies vs 6 puggies before reinforcements can come (bear in mind one needs to stay behind on flag lol) the fight will be over fast to the "underdog" which is ironically zerging the side with more numbers but less in actual fights because they have to split so much so it becomes "tedious" it all comes back down to numbers and you can't co-ordinate fresh players or pugs to that level on grande scale across two maps (its not even one) you really expect a new person will press M all the time to open map and check back and forth when most veterans do not even do this.

At the end of the day these changes dont apply to me much (I play all aspects of the game) I just don't see the incentive for anyone to lead in these alternative zones that are being forced for variety and my only concern is the game/server health... and tier one is where new players get their first taste and I don't want it to leave a bad taste in their mouth is all and be put off game by mechanics that require far greater spreading and co-ordination than T4 ever requires

look at the logistical side... you have less numbers in t1, you have more ground to cover (no securing) you have less trained troops... the distance you have to cover is far greater because mounts are so slow it takes you 5 minutes to ride from a bo to bo, there is little reaction time, why would any sain leader want to do that to themselves on a continual basis? the zone lock reward is like only 2k renown after hundreds of kills and many hours of fighting... without all the 40's in the zone in T1 will be even less experienced players with less bodies to spread still great distance... if removing battery and outlook bo's (so no bias) and place one bo in the middle of map was a option in my opinion it would help remove some of the issues that make the current GS map a waste of time for anyone who likes a progressive campaign.
Wamizzle Guild Leader [TUP]
Wamizzle Guild Leader [The Unlikely Plan]

anarchypark

Post#8 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:12 am

no one wants 24 vs 3 battle or 3wb vs 1wb at 1BO.
it gives underdog chance to avoid zerg.
24 vs 12?
make it 15 vs 12 and take slight advantage instead of 2:1
being spread too thin is strategic fault, not systems.
it maybe too hard, maybe ppl want simple zerg. then let them do it. what u miss is
just zone lock, u can still zerg fight.

You can't win every battle.
finding fun in lost battle is good way to enjoy game. and good game design.

Ads
zaauk

Post#9 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:24 am

I never had this much fun as i have in T1 right now.

The live game made me bored because zerging. T1 Chaos/Empire old system made me bored becuase central zerg was the only thing.

I normally stick around in T1 elf and greenskin, i met alot of nice people (found it easier with new system). There always been one zerg WB around that i could easy avoid and go hit guarded BOs instead and have a blast in smaller fights.

I dont find the maps to big, if they were smaller none could avoid the zerg as we can now.

There are uses for warbands AND smaller groups with this system. The warbands can zerg around and take BOs or support guarding them while smaller groups can guard / roam or hit defended BOs.

Never seen the lower tiers to be alive like this! Enough of this Nordland brainless middle zerg finally!

Sure some tweaks could be used. The 4 BO design is a bit weak, they should have inserted some more ways to get points and a 5th BO that could be a smaller castle, stuff to collect for the smaller groups etc. =) A good start with the new system i would say =)
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Zauk BO // Zauuk Choppa // Zaauuk SHM // Zniggle SH :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

flintboth

Post#10 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:40 am

For me this systeme look more viable than all I have play on the T1 before (live and private).
If you are outnumbered it give you the possibility to drive the zerg or a big blob in madness, if you use your brain and work together and fast to have some good and great battle; As we did two days ago, with four players against 400 AAO (without vocal).
We just worked for the fun and our Realm as only four players can do against a big army, cleanse the BO and move fast... just to slow down or stop the progress of the enemy gauge, Tried to demoralize them in their strength (this strategy sometimes succeeded on other battle most equilibrated of course; Some days ago we have turned off 160 aao against us, and we have lock the zone).
So some good battle, always backing, some death and fail for us.
This system look well balanced, possibly there is a better one but this one is nice for me.
If you touch it too much in its bases, this new system will be less interesant and less fun every time, because you create a master piece in one only one time, not in two, better to make a new one entirely, this is right for many things.
This will be sad because you have more players online for the T1 every day and many fun for what I have seen (I have play it all the days since it is implemented), this promises for more and more players for the T2 > T3 and T4 in future, if those RvR Tiers are well redesigned too.
Congrats to the staffs of RoR. Look succesfull.
The absence of NPC is avesome too, I want to precise. This is really more fun, you can't biase the battle, you really have to assume your number and your strength and play strategically rather than runing stupidly in the middle of the NPC on the slightest occasion, it's a real battlefield we have here ! And you must play with all, group quickly or...
Last edited by flintboth on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)