Recent Topics

Ads

What is duration of a GCD?

Let's talk about... everything else
scatterthewinds

Post#1 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:41 pm

IIRC it was changed, but I dont remember to what value and I cant find the relevant patch notes.

Ads
xyeppp
Former Staff

Re: What is duration of a GCD?

Post#2 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:49 pm

Github / Tighub / Stack

Luth

Post#3 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:23 pm

I wonder what the intention behind the question is (macro "optimization"?) and how someone with an account that is only 2 days old found the GCD post and then forgot it again in those 2 days.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#4 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:15 pm

Luth wrote:I wonder what the intention behind the question is (macro "optimization"?) and how someone with an account that is only 2 days old found the GCD post and then forgot it again in those 2 days.
??? Thats a Bit Hmm mm
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

scatterthewinds

Post#5 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:17 pm

yeah macro optimization, and i had an old account years ago of which I forgot the info.

Luth

Post#6 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:25 pm

scatterthewinds wrote:yeah macro optimization
Thanks for clarification; this is the best reason why it should have been never changed and instead be fixed to 1.5 seconds to avoid macro abusing getting meta (high likely already the case).

roadkillrobin

Post#7 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:01 pm

Also a queing system would be really nice to prevent players from getting advantages by spamming buttons as fast as they can bewteen GCD's to get the lowest GCD time as possible and actually have a true DPS system.

Elemint

Post#8 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:34 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Also a queing system would be really nice to prevent players from getting advantages by spamming buttons as fast as they can bewteen GCD's to get the lowest GCD time as possible and actually have a true DPS system.
Oh you mean like, the one that already exists and acts exactly like you described it?

Ads
Dabbart

Post#9 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:41 pm

^^^ you only get an "advantage" if you cast within the 1.15 and 1.5gcd timer. Spamming doesn't help at all. Practice on mobs. You can notice the difference...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#10 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:51 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:Also a queing system would be really nice to prevent players from getting advantages by spamming buttons as fast as they can bewteen GCD's to get the lowest GCD time as possible and actually have a true DPS system.
Spamming buttons will result in long cooldowns thats how it already is. 1.5 sec for button spammers.