Recent Topics

Ads

What is duration of a GCD?

Let's talk about... everything else
roadkillrobin

Re: What is duration of a GCD?

Post#11 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:58 pm

saupreusse wrote:
roadkillrobin wrote:Also a queing system would be really nice to prevent players from getting advantages by spamming buttons as fast as they can bewteen GCD's to get the lowest GCD time as possible and actually have a true DPS system.
Spamming buttons will result in long cooldowns thats how it already is. 1.5 sec for button spammers.
Not if you spam the same abillity over and over.
Might be due to my bad upload pings aswell, but i do notice a faster GCD if i use the same abillity rather then switching bewteen skills.

Edit: Tested on NPC's a couple times. It seems to be rather random. Sometimes it goes full 1.5 GCD sometimes it's faster if you spam.

Edit 2: Tested with timing the button press aswell, also seems to be rather random.

Ads
Dabbart

Post#12 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:19 pm

If you hit an ability BEFORE the timer, it'll wait till 1.5. Don't press anything till 1.15, and you'll see the next cast start before the gcd ends. You can time spells with 2s+ cast times as well... I know, cause I've spent the last three days working on timing a sorc rotation. Spamming slows the CT. But yea, if you have 600ping it won't matter anyways...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

roadkillrobin

Post#13 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:43 pm

Well it skips sometimes, both when spamming and timing. I had abillties fire off at 750-900 mlliiseconds both when spamming and delibertly trying to time it shorter then the GCD so. I'll try to catch it on video.

I'm using a metronome with 206 BPM, wholenotes for the thests btw.
Last edited by roadkillrobin on Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

scatterthewinds

Post#14 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:52 pm

Luth wrote:
scatterthewinds wrote:yeah macro optimization
Thanks for clarification; this is the best reason why it should have been never changed and instead be fixed to 1.5 seconds to avoid macro abusing getting meta (high likely already the case).
Actually to be super clear, its not just for macros. I dont even know how to macro 1.16 second gaps between buttons. The most I do is sequence 2-3 abilities and I just mash them.

Its also for the purpose of planning a standard rotation so it becomes automatic in my gameplay so I can focus on other things. I think I might have unintentionally noticed the "not spamming goes faster" method before but I found it requires too much thought...and you know playing a tank I already need maximum focus on the surroundings rather than tunnel vision dpsing. And ping screws it up anyways (NA). Its definitely something to practise though. But I'm a bona fide button masher.