Recent Topics

Ads

DoK Healing - Anyone know max healing potential?

Let's talk about... everything else
freshour
Banned

Re: DoK Healing - Anyone know max healing potential?

Post#11 » Mon May 22, 2017 4:18 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:I've tried it, And it's a bad idea like i stated and i also explnaied why it is.
Why take it personally?
Oh I didn't mean it to seem that way, honestly. I know how on forums and through text, context/inflection can never really be discerned properly. I really was only trying to clear up and streamline the responses because I think we could go on all day about different ways to play the class, some more effective than others for sure.

I do have a shaman I have slowly been tinkering with, not quite r 40 renown yet as he was power leveled from 30, but it definitely has the potential to heavily outheal my DoK in almost every single situation other than a beastlord fight where group cleanse is needed haha and he is DPS.

But again, I'm not really sure if it is possible to reach say 1100 WP and 100 healing power? I'd assume the healing power cap is around 100-200 (with current gear) but I'm not sure. I figured that at that level there would have to be some fatttttttttty/big/juicy heals coming from the DoK but again, I have not the means to test it! :|

Ads
CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#12 » Mon May 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Disclaimer - i don't have actual healing output numbers to offer so this may read as purely anecdotal

I've found that anything beyond 850wp provides very little additional return. Heal crit on the other hand is amazing but if you stack that to high heaven you'll ofc be sacrificing a more defensive stat so you'd need babysat by a tank at all times or you'll crumble under any pressure. I used to stack heal crit, got it to... 18% i think? and yes, if i was being protected i could put out crazy healing but that just doesn't fly in a pug group so it's pretty moot to your original question. healing power on the other hand, that i would be curious to see some data on.

roadkillrobin

Post#13 » Mon May 22, 2017 4:58 pm

Just check with Discipline with and without and you get the idea. 160 WP = 70-100 hp on moast skills and about 10-15% increas. Due to the short cast times and moastly AoE heals you don't get much benefits from stacking Willpower or healing power.
Healing crit has the benefit of not getting gutted coz of short cast times or an AoE skill and will apply it's boost more evenly across all your healing skills. It also have the benefit of procing Khaines Bounty.

In short, you loose around 10-15% from willpower coz of short cast times and AoE compared to other classes, while crits provides an static increase nomather what skill is used and also have the benefits of procing stuff aswell as givinng moments of insansity when you chain crit like crazy. (Works both ways tho)

freshour
Banned

Post#14 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:35 pm

Yeah I think there are a few 1 to 1 increases but usually you just need a zealot to get the 20% increased healing on everyone and your hots heal like Zeus himself is down there blessing people. I'll give it a gander this afternoon and see what I can come up... Gonna have to grind some gold first :D I'll probably look through the Excel with all the gear, but aside from genesis items that I won't get, anyone have any interesting ideas for maxing out healing power? Or maybe even a maximum possible increase?

Sulorie

Post#15 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Don't try to compete with other healer classes in raw healing and maxing out healing power shouldn't be your focus. Or do you want to max out heals for the lolz?
Dying is no option.

freshour
Banned

Post#16 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:26 pm

Yeah it is mostly for the Lolz. Whether or not you live or die usually has a lot to do with what you do, not what items you have. Usually it is only in the rare situation where a few hundred more armor would have mattered. Quite often you would have died regardless in a lot of situations. But I also agree that maximum defenses does prove to be optimum for a DoK...

In short... Yes.

shaggyboomboom

Post#17 » Tue May 23, 2017 6:28 pm

antiquities wrote:just roll a shaman
not anymore

tbox

Post#18 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:55 pm

No one is listening and just throwing 2 cents around

Ads