Recent Topics

Ads

Your best WAR moment

Let's talk about... everything else
Nidwin

Re: Your best WAR moment

Post#11 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:41 pm

The first time I used Chaotic Rift and yes, I cried.
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#12 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:59 pm

Seriously this thread is killing me. Stop.

Mez

Post#13 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:59 pm

Mythic invited the entire game to the PTS for a Battle Royale to test their new zone domination system. The devs were supposed to lead us, but it was clear destro's leaders were setting us up for failure. I quickly reached out to all the warband leaders (we had 5 warbands which they spead us out through the 3 pairings) had them enter a private channel, and I commanded an underdog comeback to ruin all of Order's keep takes and to flank and hit them tactically over a few hours to stop Order from flipping a zone to test zone domination system.

At the very climax of the event, Order out numbered us 3-1, they finally called all of their troops to Dragon Wake because they were getting inner down, but I knew that from reports, so I got my 2 warbands in the back with the other 1 holding, just before doors broke, and we not only held, but I called out the charge and we wiped twice our number. The devs, frustrated, literally asked us all to stop fighting and they manually flipped dragonwake themselves without a player forced keep take.
Last edited by Mez on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Word of Pain and Boiling Blood are no longer able to proc anything. The Bright Wizard College has confirmed this is a big deal. (stealth nerf)
https://bugs.returnofreckoning.com/view.php?id=18255

Telen
Suspended

Post#14 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:00 pm

Nidwin wrote:The first time I used Chaotic Rift and yes, I cried.
This guy would be on my best players list.

Telen
Suspended

Post#15 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:04 pm

Mez wrote:Mythic invited the entire game to the PTS for a Battle Royale to test their new zone domination system. The devs were supposed to lead us, but it was clear destro's leaders were setting us up for failure. I quickly reached out to all the warband leaders (we had 5 warbands which they spead us out through the 3 pairings) had them enter a private channel, and I commanded an underdog comeback to ruin all of Order's keep takes and to flank and hit them tactically over a few hours to stop Order from flipping a zone to test zone domination system.

At the very climax of the event, Order out numbered us 3-1, they finally called all of their troops to Dragon Wake because they were getting inner down, but I knew that from reports, so I got my 2 warbands in the back with the other 1 holding, just before doors broke, and we not only held, but I called out the charge and we wiped twice our number. The devs, frustrated, literally asked us all to stop fighting and they manually flipped dragonwake themselves without a player forced keep take.
The devs were useless. I remember the story of the PTS bombgroups. When the devs finally after years of saying bw is balanced saw their US wbs farmed in seconds by EU & Russian bombgroups.

Luth

Post#16 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:16 pm

Telen wrote:
Mez wrote:Mythic invited the entire game to the PTS for a Battle Royale to test their new zone domination system. The devs were supposed to lead us, but it was clear destro's leaders were setting us up for failure. I quickly reached out to all the warband leaders (we had 5 warbands which they spead us out through the 3 pairings) had them enter a private channel, and I commanded an underdog comeback to ruin all of Order's keep takes and to flank and hit them tactically over a few hours to stop Order from flipping a zone to test zone domination system.

The devs were useless. I remember the story of the PTS bombgroups. When the devs finally after years of saying bw is balanced saw their US wbs farmed in seconds by EU & Russian bombgroups.
I think these are the two highlights in five years of PTS testing. :D

The best youtube test video is still the SW vs Marauder "range duel". After that, the devs were not so sure anymore, that "siphon vitality" is a balanced proc:

Novgoroth

Post#17 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:18 pm

Grulo wrote:nice, but the constant loot-window clicking was driving me insane.
Me too ! :lol: :lol:

Little sham is crazy ^^ (i'm the sorc he !)
Scaarlett - Disciple of Khaine | Scarlett - Witch Elf | Scarlettonice - Sorceress | Scarlette - Zealot

Scarlettonfire - Bright Wizzard | Scarlettsm - Swordmaster | Scarlettm - Witch Hunter | Navselene - Archmage

Grulo

Post#18 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:43 pm

I used to solo in the lakes very frequently, and had some very nice moments there as well. Some of my favorites were when i saved other soloers. One time i saw a DPS DoK fighting against 3 enemies (don't remember the classes, but they had a healer). It was going badly for the DoK, so i immediately invited him to a party (and he accepted! you have no idea how many times people refuse, not noticing what is going on). As soon as he was in my group, i immediately guarded him and we kicked somne order ass. This story happened more than once (saving other destro classes).

Ads
Lucious

Post#19 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:14 am

Tklees wrote:It would have to be wiping the full Drow warband in city with 8 Run Like Hell, We loaded into a stage 1 with just us ( RP Molf, WP Straitaid, Slayer Funick, BW Zarbix, 2 Kotbs Tankbeards and Logo, and 2 WH) hoping to get a decent fight. We find a whole warband of destro and decide why not lets stay and fight. Make a bomb group with the BW and slayer. The two WHs, myself and magicclown go to the off party and hed to mid. WHs go up top so we can come in from behind and the 6 stay at the gate. As they bunch up on the steps me and magic open up on heals and rip through 4-5 real quick before and the rest of the group melts the healerless warband. They came back and wiped us but we stayed and wound up out killing them like 140-20 by the end of stage 3. Lots of good times with RLH.
Lolz a FULL Drow wb you say...keep on dreaming mate. We have never had a full Wb, maybe 2 groups at most and most of us would of been on lowbie alts against ya full rr100 zerg no doubt.

Anywho, my fav moments was killing Tklees over and over again, got boring after a while though. :lol:

chakzo

Post#20 » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:22 am

If i have to pick one, it has to be from Thunder Mountain solo roam with my squig herder. The zone design was just so much fun with all the high cliffs.

You know that feeling when you pick one solo guy start to dps and then his whole group appear...With few options left i started to kite to the edge of the cliff. When tank and 2 mdps close enough i popped my squig armor and KABOOM, resulting 2 dps flying from the cliff. Continued with self-knock from the tank, landing in canyon near the clueless dps and able to kill them both.

On the other hand bombing WB times back at Karak Azgal were the golden times of RvR.