Ads

Gear "grind"

Let's talk about... everything else
erikuraditossike
Banned

Gear "grind"

Post#1 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:15 pm

Hi

are there any plans to lower Conq medallion/emblem requirements or boost their droprate?

Most PVP games priority should be min requirements for gear grind. Meaning most of playerbase should have access to 90% of gear fast enough for them to enjoy the game. The small fraction of gear is for "grinding" and/or veterans.

I will hit lvl 45 renown today and I can barely afford my first 45 lvl weapon. Not even discussing gear. What is the purpose of this? IMO anyone who hit 45 should have 45 gear/weapons available for them. Vets/grinders have edge on having more renown points or more special gear farmed. Is there a specific reason why you are making gearsets and weaponsets available for level, not sure when I have marks farmed, 50-55-60?

Another question - why can't we change Conq emblembs for medallions and vice versa? Does it matter balance wise if I done more scenarios or rvr? Is it because people would probably then farm only rvr or only scenarios and some part of game would die out?

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one :) You are welcome to disagree with me, but I think it would be better for PVP in general if a 45 renown player has 45 renown gear/weapons ready for him.

PS! Probably discussed ad infinitum, but I'm new in game and community and I'm super bad at searching forums with specific keywords, I could not find discussion/reasoning behind it.

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Re: Gear "grind"

Post#2 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:27 pm

.. Just plz devs plz plz plz Just plz delete The New gear.... Now better Yesterday... Nearly 90% of the ppl playing Just for gear... That was never the idea of the Projekt or?.. Cant Hear it anymore
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Telperien

Post#3 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:45 pm

Would you play longer if u could get top set in a week? Ask yourself 1st simple question.
Slacking (checking out EvE)

Krima

Post#4 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:57 pm

Play for fun..gear will come anyway.
The gap betwen conq and anih is so small.. When they released conq I was depressed how much it cost and gave up imedialty on tryharding flipingzones and running boybands and did what a ive always done: log everyday play for 2hours solo rvr.. Now im siting on 590 conq medalions and 2 subjulgators, full conq is not even that good; Im running 5 beastlord/2 conq/2 anih its very similar powerwise.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

catholicism198

Post#5 » Tue May 02, 2017 10:10 pm

They will....in the future...(if) when new gear arrives.

**Not any time soon.

TrenFreak

Post#6 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:07 pm

Krima wrote:Play for fun..gear will come anyway.
The gap betwen conq and anih is so small.. When they released conq I was depressed how much it cost and gave up imedialty on tryharding flipingzones and running boybands and did what a ive always done: log everyday play for 2hours solo rvr.. Now im siting on 590 conq medalions and 2 subjulgators, full conq is not even that good; Im running 5 beastlord/2 conq/2 anih its very similar powerwise.
Sorry to barge in, but is this the same Krima who was a WE and had a Brother who played a Healing Dok on Badlands back in the day ?

Nefarian78

Post#7 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:40 pm

I think there's not really a need to lower prices, just by adding Gloves/Boots drops from player kills would help a lot, without making the top tier sets too easy to obtain. i can understand why there were no drops in the first weeks but since full RvR gear players are everywhere i don't think it would hurt anything.

Making conqueror emblems tradeable for medalions would be a great change, at least in my opinion. It would make players be able to play what they like more between SC and RvR and able to buy the gear they need.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Toldavf

Post#8 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:51 pm

Telperien wrote:Would you play longer if u could get top set in a week? Ask yourself 1st simple question.
Allot of people i know looked at the new grind and did stop playing.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
Toonman

Post#9 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:40 am

Toldavf wrote: Allot of people i know looked at the new grind and did stop playing.
Same unfortunately.

DokB

Post#10 » Wed May 03, 2017 12:42 am

Conq armour set is currently end game gear, with Overlord/Imperator being an alternative while the developer team decide how they are going to price it ( I think the last comment I saw on this was looking at around 160 Seals of Paragon/Exemplar but obviously this figure isn’t set in stone). Prices for Conq/Dom probably won’t change until the next level of armour set progression comes out.

The 1:5 Conq Medallions exchange rate for Officer Medallions needs to have code specifically written for it and I believe the developer team are waiting on time/resources to devote to having someone create it but they have other priorities.

So yeah, basically you can expect it SOON ™
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard