Recent Topics

Ads

Gear "grind"

Let's talk about... everything else
theoddone

Re: Gear "grind"

Post#41 » Wed May 03, 2017 7:42 pm

I think its important to consider why the focus on the gear grind had become so big.

Before there were two carrots. Gear and renown.
It would be like "Oh I did not win any loot, but hey, I got this massive 15k zonelock tick. My character is progressing".
Now its like "I did not win any loot so my efforts were a complete waste of time..."
-Theo

Ads
tomato

Post#42 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:07 pm

Conquerer grind is atrocious since you need sometimes over 4 hours to lock a single zone.
And if you want good contribution you need to play those 4 hours.

This means you have to be lucky and log in when the zone just opened.
Even then, not everyone can play (or wants to) 4 hours straight.
Last edited by tomato on Wed May 03, 2017 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eigar
Banned

Post#43 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:21 pm

Just implement the system you had in dec 2015; kill 50 of each race get 5 medals.

Voila done, gryph mount plz

dansari

Post#44 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:39 pm

Eigar wrote:Just implement the system you had in dec 2015; kill 50 of each race get 5 medals.

Voila done, gryph mount plz
:lol: :lol: :lol: he did it guys!
<Salt Factory>

Aurandilaz

Post#45 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:12 pm

With the possible renown wipe happening in nearby future with some unknown probability, investing too much time in T4 mains is just not worth it, especially considering how the Conq grind is now borderline lunacy. A set that is maybe 5% better than Anni is not worth investing hundreds and hundreds of hours involving 4-8 hour sessions so you can maximize contribution and pray that the zone locks before you fall asleep.
Just keep rolling and alts and playing lower tiers, T4 is a crappy zergfest as usual despite the Conq grind driving so many people away from the game. Wait a few months and see if the situation improves, or just focus on SCs that actually provide rewards and fun fights.

Dabbart

Post#46 » Wed May 03, 2017 11:26 pm

Or. People can practice what they preach. How many say they would keep playing regardless of Carrots or extra gear? Cool. Pretend that Conq doesn't exist and just play for the enjoyment of it.

If you can admit that "No, I need that carrot" Then accept that Conq is in effect Sov, or end game gear currently. And it's supposed to be difficult, and take awhile to earn. The good news? We have so many set's that mix and matching can 2/2/3 can put you in a far better place than 6pconq. Class dependant ofc..

Either way. It really seems like the more gear that is added, the more complaints there are. RNG will always be a factor. Even if we dropped all bags, and had every piece of gear Drop from player kills, it would STILL be RnG based on individual players rolling.

As stated numerous times, Conq is not excessively OP. It isn't game breaking vs. Anni. Hell, I ran my rr34We in a group last week in full duelist, and wasn't stupidly weak. I got plenty of DBs and still hit really hard. Was I the best WE I could be? no. But it was still fun.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Soulcheg

Post#47 » Thu May 04, 2017 4:59 am

And i just wanted to say a little more. As i told earlier, i left 5 years of my life in live WHO, and i remember clearly - when i was tired of blob-style-RvR, empty scenarios, etc - i always could take Lost Vale with my group, or a 2 city dungeons for our alt-chars, mount Gunbad, Hunter's Valley. There was a 2 side of 1 coin, PVE/PVP of WHO. If you tired of running back and forth, you could always visit dungeons, when you were tired of LV N'kary/Brood Mother fails - you could go and fun in scenarios. Such diversity helps you to play much more longer, stay in WHO much more longer.

But exactly now we have blob-zerging and group sc farming, and gear grinding. Oh, and people yelling "YOU WANTA HITTING DA MOBS YOU SHOULDA PLAY ANODDAH GEIM HURR DURR".

Dunno why i'm writing this, honestly, i'm already tired of "THIS IS NOT A PVE GAME". You know, This IS a PVE game too, without a second side of the coin, you don't have a diversity.

Nah, just forget this.
[RU]GreenFire. //Grimward/Albiona/Edwin/many others

Kragg

Post#48 » Thu May 04, 2017 7:42 am

You dont have to get conq, you know?
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads
nebelwerfer

Post#49 » Thu May 04, 2017 9:29 am

Spoiler:
since a lot of opinions Are being shared here i thought i'd share mine too, i really enjoy this game for ITS character building and rewards for effort. IT is the thing i enjoy the most about mmo's and in particular this game.

So i play and endure many not-so-fun times for rewards that will result in making my experience more fun in the future :) i.e being a killing machine with High RR and bis.

Now these players Are and should be rewarded for their serious efforts, IT is a long process on the Road to bis/High RR and many bags will contain dupes and you Get screwed on rolls etc which results in burnouts or ppl mUster more courage for better luck next time and brave the new zone.

I SEE That many dont play for getting bis or simply dont want/cannot commit to this, thus you need a middleground for these players too which i think is Good AS is. They can be competetive in Numbers and USE the now easy to Get armor sets. IT is Worse for the dedicated players who play with motivations like mine who Get many bag dupes and their RR's erased. Just my 2c to help paint the variety of opinions in this thread.
Long post of my opinion only so i spoilered it

Haojin

Post#50 » Thu May 04, 2017 10:59 am

Haojin wrote:If you want to get conq gear fast:

1- be online around na prime time- late time aka early morning in eu.

2-kill as many as possible, or be in the same party with the killer, be in the first 5 in the zone.

3-roam with a rdps oriented group for the kill steal medallions.

4-try to leech well known premades. kill steal.

5-try to take-defend bo's, more fights on the bo more contribution.

6-convince your party members to pass medallions for you. be a social.
Guildmaster of Phalanx

K8P - Karak Norn