Recent Topics

Ads

BLOODBATH - AM/Shaman experimental changes

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Should experimental AM/Shaman changes be allowed in the 6v6 Event?

No
42%
Yes
58%
Total votes: 53

peterthepan3

BLOODBATH - AM/Shaman experimental changes

Post#1 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:18 pm

I am scheduling the event to take place on Friday the 5th of May, 19:00 (subject to alteration, need input from guilds).

I need to know what people think about allowing AM/Shaman (the .ab ex variation, i.e. 99% of them) in the event. It could be argued that they are overperforming right now, and as such I thought it prudent I gauge feedback. My current stance is that experimental mode should not be allowed during the event.

Thoughts? Convincing arguments as to why it should be allowed?

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Re: BLOODBATH - AM/Shaman experimental changes

Post#2 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:20 pm

one question ;D its a rly diffrence to dps or heal am/shammy
a dps is useless without ab ex
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:23 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:one question ;D its a rly diffrence to dps or heal am/shammy
a dps is useless without ab ex
If the comp has a DPS Shaman/AM, they will be permitted to use .ab ex - but the healers won't. I dunno, how does that sound? Need feedback =p

For those who are voting, could you give a reason as to why you voted in that particular way? Cheers.

arnagob

Post#4 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:39 pm

Yes able them, otherwise u will not see any of them i guess ? :mrgreen:
What i could suggest is to forbid FODG/EOV for this event maybe ?
Arnie Fatarnie Kassdku
Arnagob Brizkran Cocorico

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:44 pm

arnagob wrote:Yes able them, otherwise u will not see any of them i guess ? :mrgreen:
What i could suggest is to forbid FODG/EOV for this event maybe ?

I may not have been specific when talking about experimental, but yea - it's the EOV/FODG that seems to be the problem. This could work. what are your thoughts on this?

zumos2

Post#6 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:46 pm

My advice would be to either completely allow it or completely disable it. But as everyone is currently playing with it, imo it wouldn't make much sense to disable it and let everyone play stuff they havent played for some time.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#7 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:47 pm

What about ab ex is allowed But life tap cast not?
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Danielle

Post#8 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:54 pm

The game would become completely different without the current AM/Shaman experimental mode. You can survive with much less survivable builds, you can play classes that wouldn't survive with 'normal' levels of healing. Also I am sure nobody bothered to gear their Warrior Priests/DoKs. It would basically amount to playing a completely different version of the game than what is live right now, which would be kind of weird. Some people even banked on running double Shaman or double AM. Other than that, having a heal your party to full health button every 5 seconds is obviously broken and I appreciate your sentiment that it doesn't belong.

I mean there's so much other broken imbalanced stuff right now though. Bugged morale building tactics/abilities. We'z Fighting Betta one shot morale. Whatever new inventive things people can come up with the new BG, etc. etc.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:41 pm

Danielle wrote:Other than that, having a heal your party to full health button every 5 seconds is obviously broken and I appreciate your sentiment that it doesn't belong.

It is exactly that sentiment that prompted this poll: should something that is blatantly overperforming, with very little risk needed vs huge reward, be permitted in an event meant to separate the best from the rest? A lot of people have voted yes, would be interested to see to what extent not wanting to let go of one's toys plays a part =P

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#10 » Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:55 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
Danielle wrote:Other than that, having a heal your party to full health button every 5 seconds is obviously broken and I appreciate your sentiment that it doesn't belong.

It is exactly that sentiment that prompted this poll: should something that is blatantly overperforming, with very little risk needed vs huge reward, be permitted in an event meant to separate the best from the rest? A lot of people have voted yes, would be interested to see to what extent not wanting to let go of one's toys plays a part =P
Iam rly for yes But dont allow direct life heals they are broken hell