Recent Topics

Ads

BLOODBATH - AM/Shaman experimental changes

Let's talk about... everything else

Poll: Should experimental AM/Shaman changes be allowed in the 6v6 Event?

No
42%
Yes
58%
Total votes: 53

Danielle

Re: BLOODBATH - AM/Shaman experimental changes

Post#41 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:18 pm

Rida wrote:
Danielle wrote: It's been beaten by what? Another setup using the same thing? That can hardly be considered an argument for the fact that the thing isn't broken.
This is not an argument, just said what has happened.
Danielle wrote: Not to mention a kite group should have had run an AM/Shaman before anyway without .ab ex (imo), because of MoM/Sticky Feetz + mobility reasons, toughness HoT on shaman etc. etc.
Did you play AM on live? What mobility reasons? Oh yeah lambent aura and .......... thats it. You couldn't even cast healing energy on move. Finally mechanic is useful, BE cast on move is pretty good. Iam not defending EoV/FoDG because I think they need tweaking. Anyway this topic is going to another "WL nerf pet omg OP".
Mistress of the Marsh! Anyway as always I don't like drastic moves in balance. I didn't like procs getting nerfed to oblivion, I wouldn't like experimental mode lifetap AM/Shaman to get nerfed to oblivion. Yes I played AM on live up to like 40/50 and then never played it again except for shits and giggles. It was better in some respects than a bloody WP for a kite group, but that's not exactly saying much cause WP is terribad nowadays in that setting. It was actually more viable to run WP in a kite group on live because the server didn't hard enforce GCDs and cast times, so you could animation cancel group heal on a WP. Here you can just HoT and do nothing. Don't forget Magical Infusion was actually a good strong heal on live. Mistress of the Marsh animation wasn't as awkward as it is here (or I am just smoking something and feeling the good old times). However the matter of the fact is that without the experimental mode AM/Shaman are largely useless; maybe not so much for the Shaman due to the triple shatter nerf, racial tactics and toughness HoT. Don't get me wrong I like how the AM/Shaman plays in experimental mode, however it's power levels are extremely over the top and I see no reason why both EoV/FoDG and BE/ITT should heal for as much as they do given their cast times,AP costs and being able to cast on the move. To pump out a smaller heal than BE/ITT a non-experimental AM/RP/SHM/ZE healer has to stand still for 2x the duration, being easier to interrupt. And all you have to do to use the lifetaps is to HoT people, which all the healers should be already doing anyway. Whether the solution is to tweak the heal values, put in movement restrictions or make it respect healdebuffs is another matter. Again I like how the class plays, it's way more enjoyable than the classic heal AM to play. I bask in the overpoweredness and roflmao at my heals in game. It feels overpowered in my hands, and there's no chance I am one of the best AM/Shamans on this server, I play too many alts and I am pretty sure I am not getting 100% from the classes potential. However, that won't make me come on forums and say the class is balanced just fine like some Shaman/AM players are doing in a bid to keep their pet toy (not saying that includes you, but I feel like too many people are falling into the I like how powerful I am, let me keep this please trap). I know you didn't mean to imply the class is perfectly balanced and indeed you didn't say EoV/FoDG didn't need tweaking, but look at your first post in the context of this thread and think about what it implies to a reader who doesn't read minds and doesn't have the information we both know about what you said ;)
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

Ads
Cimba

Post#42 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:03 pm

DefinitelyNotWingz wrote:
Cimba wrote:
DefinitelyNotWingz wrote:They are profiting the least from lifetap.
I disagree with your assement of rdps not profiting from life tap heal.
rly?
The argument is still true, even with you nitpicking ;).
Danielle wrote:Yes lifetap AM/Shaman are amazing kite healers, but that's part of the point; why should the strongest heals in the game also be able to cast one the move? Also BW/Sorcs procs were broken, but they got overnerfed to oblivion for no reason. Btw from what I hear your guild was the one to invent the AM lifetap and first bring it to the scene (very well done btw, nice discovery) so ye.... Not to mention a kite group should have had run an AM/Shaman before anyway without .ab ex (imo), because of MoM/Sticky Feetz + mobility reasons, toughness HoT on shaman etc. etc.
I wouldn't say we invented it. In early december last year most, if not all, of the major grps knew that life tap heal is freaking strong. Why it took them so long to adjust is still a mystery to me. Maybe it's because everyone thought our limited success was just due to procs. While life tap heal had arguably similar impact on it. Maybe even more. Good thing nobody asked. Otherwise I would have missed this epic balance whine during my vacation :mrgreen:

DefinitelyNotWingz

Post#43 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:25 pm

Cimba wrote:
DefinitelyNotWingz wrote:
Cimba wrote:
I disagree with your assement of rdps not profiting from life tap heal.
rly?
The argument is still true, even with you nitpicking ;).
the least = relative
not = absolute
Spoiler:
I thought you were a scientist Cimba.
Is this nitpicking? I need to contact your professor. :P
#friendlybanter
I made my point. Lifetaps strong side is healing through hd. A rdps without guard dies too fast to even lifetap him up.
The higher the ttk the better lifetap becomes. Theoretically. :mrgreen:
You know who I am.

Cimba

Post#44 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:38 pm

DefinitelyNotWingz wrote: the least = relative
not = absolute
Spoiler:
I thought you were a scientist Cimba.
Is this nitpicking? I need to contact your professor. :P
#friendlybanter
I made my point. Lifetaps strong side is healing through hd. A rdps without guard dies too fast to even lifetap him up.
The higher the ttk the better lifetap becomes. Theoretically. :mrgreen:
Sure it is. You knew it was a slip up and used it to discredit my argument !!!!1111einelf

Yeah the ttk was pretty low. But I think you can improve that now with the conq gear. It has atleast some usefully stats for rdps.

tomato

Post#45 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Am/shaman are extremly strong right now, bringing two of them (which also means double ap drain, which is extremly strong in a 6vs6 environment) would probably be a must.
Ban it.