Recent Topics

Ads

New gear kills the game

Let's talk about... everything else
TenTonHammer

Re: New gear kills the game

Post#31 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:35 am

Remember when we were all arguing about which gearing system to use and myself and others wanted the post 100rr system where t4 would be warlord, lotd and sov? But apparently many others wanted the other system where you have tons of armor sets in each tier where dungon gear would suddenly be relevent again resulting in more ways to get gear and mix set bonuses

Is this suddenly no longer the case or have you just grown tired if waiting for dungons?

Order players can't complain about Mara/chop when their still 70% cheese rDPS

People naturally gravitate to what is most effective

Ads
Niky

Post#32 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:42 am

Mara/Choppa?

What about 3mdps order meleetrain? xD
Destro: Mara Nyky / DOK Crystof
Order: SL Niky / BW Nykky / SW Nyky / WL Nikky / SM Ulee
Live: WP Eprst

tomato

Post#33 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:52 am

Telen wrote:Each time new gear is added it just kills the games diversity. Everyone jumps on the exact same group comps as they are trying to gear them. Its like there's some law that des have to run with chosen bo mara choppa melee trains for the following months. Cant we just do away with it and make the game more interesting like it used to be in the lower tiers where people could gear multiple toons so you didnt see the same group comp time after time after time. Yes there will be some that stick to the fotm but gear grind just enforces it like its mandatory.
Actually for farming orvr ranged dps grps a superior to melee trains in almost every aspect.

Besides that, grinding conq is pretty annoying, since most of the time it takes 3+ hours (atleast from my experience during europe primetime) to lock a zone and getting good contribution requirs you to be in the zone from the point on it unlocked.
If you have "only" 2-3 hours to play a day it's quite difficult to obtain conq in even close to a timely manner.

Alfinnete
Banned

Post#34 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:00 pm

Sorry for my English.

I think running around desperately to earn points to get contribution points makes the game as much a farm as the Asian games.

Players clash between them to get BOs and resources. Being committed to raising contributions and the second roll coming below 50 is hopeless when the first one has raised above 600. In addition to frustrating, players begin to give up as it has become a TryHardNerd system that rewards only those who actually live in an empty world without other occupations. Besides what is very vague the way to get good rolls, apparently the DPS has some advantage.

I was in a guild with more than 30 players, today just over 5 are online, everyone else complained about the same thing.

I'm not criticizing work, I know when it's difficult, but I think maybe we should communicate more and try things that please the community more. In the official server things were running out for lack of accepting some feedback from the community, and of course lack of cooperation.

Thank you.

warhammer1995

Post#35 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:16 pm

Thats private server don't expect alot,from all this system we can expect shity rewards in warbands if one zone stuck half day. build a 6 ppl grp and farm contribution+medalions.
RP - Pavoss :idea:

Acidic

Post#36 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:19 pm

I have hard to understand the idea that adding gear to the game kills it it adds reward and a new element. The rush to get the gear and optimize reward chance is natural and not wrong. The variety of group makeup is another issue not specific to gear but optimization and balance.
I think the big issue is how the gear is distributed in a way that is good for the game.
The distribution model can make or break the how the gear is revived.

Krima

Post#37 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:12 pm

So True!!
Just want to add:

1 Scenarios -There is no sce poping at all, right now CONQ gear its 10x better than Dominator..people just quit doing sces to do rvr. Casual players that log in after long hours of work/family wants to get home and play a few scenarios before going to bed - Not gonna happen. Why not make dominator gear equivalent to conqueror ? 10% 125 absorb shield on mdps :lol:

2 Beastlord- ROR its 0 newcomers friendly...Ive seen newcomers wiping 10 times doing beastlord pve stuff..beastlord its a joke right now! Its too dam hard to kill all those boring, buggy bosses..some players just gave up on beastlord...those same players are geting killed under 2 secs by old school WLs players with 4 beastlord/3 conq.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Trancebeats

Post#38 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:15 pm

>Complains about Mara/Choppa "melee train"
>Play order in the never ending meta of 2 Archmages and 4 rDPS

Best thread i've seen today.

Ads
dansari

Post#39 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:34 pm

Trancebeats wrote:>Complains about Mara/Choppa "melee train"
>Play order in the never ending meta of 2 Archmages and 4 rDPS

Best thread i've seen today.
This is a silly comment. 2AM/4rdps isn't even a meta, and would get stomped by a destro melee train. There, now we've both made comments that contribute no actual value to the discussion.
<Salt Factory>

mursie

Post#40 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:24 pm

altharion1 wrote:Things that kill the game for me far more than Mara/Choppa groups.

- Watching Runiex consistently get gold bags even when he is in the same group as me, yet I get nothing
- Seeing people with multiple Conq sets already, I thought it was supposed to take significant time to obtain this gear?
- Having 2000+ personal orvr deathblows since the new patch, yet only having 275 Conq medallions and no Conq pieces.
- Having 3x Genesis shards for the WL disrupt Genesis jewel and no other Genesis pieces
- Watching people actually being rewarded with gold bags for running from a BO to the warcamp for 6 hours running supplies.
- People only logging on at NA/low population times to exploit the low player numbers, to increase their chances of getting a gold bag. Actively avoiding prime time because the chances of getting gold is too low should not be encouraged.
Your points are great. Especially the last one which points to the fact that even # fights during primetime result in stagnant zones that ultimately drive both sides mad and lead to apathy/general dissatisfaction with the game.

Unfortunately, the new talking head of RoR has already commented on your points. TLDR - he doesn't give a crap.