Recent Topics

Ads

Class choice

Let's talk about... everything else
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Re: Class choice

Post#21 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:56 pm

mursie wrote:play mara - win the internet.

has everything. literally - everything.
Nope. Mara has no Green skin so mara sucks
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Ads
GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#22 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:00 pm

I am color blind and some of the darker mara skins look indistinguishable from green to me, so uh checkmate Herr Gobbo :p
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

K13R

Post#23 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:46 am

Detro has its fill of 2 handed BO that go LOLdeeps that totally forget that the role on the battlefield is. Mara is the most OP class on destro but it does require guard the good news is there 1000001 destro tanks so asking for it is not an issue.

Now with melee and tanks you have to view the battlefield a bit better than your typical RDPS who only has to pre kite(and can tank tunnel with impunity) so 360 awareness is needed but that isnt a skill gathered just from this game it should have been build over your PVP career.

If your just in for the dps and killing SORC/BW is the way to go. If you want to solo with some rvr some /sc mostly pug dps archmage/SW would be my picks. If you want to carry /sc and warbands to victory make a healer (must be thick skinned but you well learn more about the Battlefield tactics, position, roles of each class as newish player on a healer)

FYI- Dont pay attention to the /sc scoreboard when judging a class. Honestly the worst thing ever and it doesn't mean jack.

CountTalabecland

Post#24 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:59 am

So why all the love for the 2h IB, surely it is just as good as a SnB tank? I have been playing IB SnB under the impression that 2h tanks aren't as good at being a guard due to no block.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Rekoom

Post#25 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:31 am

[DISCLAIMER] I'm not that experienced with the game but know how to play MMO and have a brain [DISCLAIMER]

This thing about carrying people to victory is an interesting topic. I've always wondered playing which archetype would one have most impact.

I think it is highly situational (obviously) and there are no definitive answers.

A good heal with braindead tanks and DPS will achieve most likely nothing.

A good tank with no heals and nobody killing the targets of choice, same.

A good DPS with no tank or heals... we all know where this goes.

The number 1 thing that carries warbands to victory are smart players with good knowledge of the game. They could be on a lvl 1 toon, as long as they can read the battlefield and organize parties it's already a massive advantage.

In small group PvP I feel the capability to identify the right target order for quick kill to get number superiority fast is essential. This can be done by any DPS but is more the role of burst DPS/assassins classes. Tanks and AOE can make all of this easy but in the end killing opposite MVPs is what wins the game.

Oh and positional awareness... I still overextend way too much way too often.
Rekoom - 80+ BO

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#26 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:45 am

CountTalabecland wrote:So why all the love for the 2h IB, surely it is just as good as a SnB tank? I have been playing IB SnB under the impression that 2h tanks aren't as good at being a guard due to no block.
It's good as either, 2h IB is just more fun IMO. Any version of IB is not as useful in group play as KOTBS or SM, to be fair, so if you're gonna play a suboptimal class might as well have fun, eh?
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

peterthepan3

Post#27 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:20 am

Aesthetics > effectiveness!

Gerv
Banned

Post#28 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:47 am

mursie wrote:play mara - win the internet.

has everything. literally - everything.
This on destruction, with monstrosity mutation you don't even need a guard haha.
Sia - DoK - Lords
Boyd - WP - O.S.

Ads
pot

Post#29 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:11 am

Mara with a somewhat defensive spec better than most off tank

flatfoot1987

Post#30 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:59 am

CountTalabecland wrote:So why all the love for the 2h IB, surely it is just as good as a SnB tank? I have been playing IB SnB under the impression that 2h tanks aren't as good at being a guard due to no block.
2h IB just seems to keep the most of his utility and survivability boost tools. Like self heal, armor/toughness buffs, aoe snare, knockback, knockdown, optional parry buff (pretty rare for 2h IB setup) and so on. You can also have serious armor values with dwarf racial tactic and 2pc ruin bonus.

Availability of defensive stuff IB has means he's not gonna be that squishy with a 2h. Most other tanks have to sacrifice something. Although I suggest prioritizing defensive stats over offensive even when going 2h - you're supposed to protect/assist mdps rather than kill. Ofc the damage isn't that sick but with 100 grudges an IB can hurt people.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP