Recent Topics

Ads

Class choice

Let's talk about... everything else
bulio93

Class choice

Post#1 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:49 pm

My fellow warhammer enthusiasts, i need your help!
I just can't decide on what class to main, it's such a difficult decision in this game. I am always going for a dps class in every mmo, that's just my playstyle, but i wouldn't mind going for something tanky here. And since everyone is taking rdps, I want to stick with something melee.
So is there any melee class (Order or Destruction doesn't matter) that comes with survivabilty but is still posing a threat in terms of damage?
Sword and board is the way to go for tanks, but is there a class that keeps it tankiness when going for a build with a 2h weapon? Or is that always a no go in the higher tiers?

Thank you in advance!

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Re: Class choice

Post#2 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:51 pm

Play Black Orc or sword Master. ( Black orc can dmg spec with sword and Board) or both handed
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

bulio93

Post#3 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:59 pm

Thank you very much for your fast reply!
I considered playing one of those two, they do sound like the class I want to stick with.
How are they in terms of difficulty? Since I'm relative new to this game, I don't want to go for something to complex.

flatfoot1987

Post#4 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:23 pm

Ironbreaker is probably one of the most legit 2h tanks in game. He's tough and he hits pretty hard. A bit difficult to play though. Check youtube for vids by an IB named Volgograd, you'll get the idea.

I don't have any legit 2h SM experience but I used to play a 2h BO for quite a while on live server, can't really see a lot of reason going 2h in his case nowadays. He's really good for snb playstyle though.
Murdock - Marauder
Gromyka - IB
Agnostic - WP

Aurandilaz

Post#5 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:40 pm

choose fotm, so mara/white lion

no need to roll a weaker class
everyone likes them, they welcome in any setup and incredibly strong even in 1v1

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#6 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:59 pm

Be a man, play 2h Ironbreaker. Good dmg, very survivable, decent group utility. Great for roaming as a duo with a dps or healer buddy.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

gandresch

Post#7 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:15 pm

Play a marauder. You wont regret it. Check out his tools and you will be amazed. It is simply the best class.

bulio93

Post#8 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:31 pm

Thank you for all the replies!
After a lot of research and all that you guys wrote, I'm stuck between the 2h Swordmaster or the SnB Blackorc. Seems like it all comes down to my preferences now and if I want to keep my loyality for the Order. Tough decision!

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:15 pm

Sm is THE 2h tank. Best dps tank overall, mobile (you have a m2 pounce), and amazing defenses.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:25 pm

Yeah but you have to be an elf, and who wants that? Be a man, roll IB. Dont roll a foppish transvestite who spins a sword around. ;)

(i am jealous of their damage and Wall of Prancing Steel)
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!