Recent Topics

Ads

Yet Another Conq Thread

Let's talk about... everything else
BrownStar

Yet Another Conq Thread

Post#1 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:40 pm

I just wanted to get some feedback on what I am seeing with the conquerer medallion drop rate . I average probably 5/6 hours per day since the equipment release. My BO has accumulated 33 medallions at this point. This seems a tad low and wanted to get some feedback if this seems correct. I don't give a rats ass if I have full Conq gear first or 1000th but at @30 per week it would take me until 2020 to catch up. I figure the team will make tweaks at some point but I wanted to see if I'm missing something here.
Of course it goes without saying I haven't even sniffed a purple or gold bag.

Thanks all

Ads
Collateral

Re: Yet Another Conq Thread

Post#2 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:48 pm

My bo has 100 now. I play about as much as you, some days more some days less. But I play with our guild wb. It's really not hard for us to get medallions when you work together. It's especially nice when destro is outnumbered, though that rarely happens. If you are in a pug wb, it depends on whether you have a good dps in your group, or if you have one at all. They are the ones who (should) get kills, and the whole group can roll for medallions.

mursie

Post#3 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:48 pm

please implement a 5 to 1 down convert of conq to officer on both the emblem and medallion currency. It would give new players the ability to purchase the "1 tier below" gear and be competitive at a much quicker rate.

Please - do this. Please.

BrownStar

Post#4 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:02 pm

Collateral wrote:My bo has 100 now. I play about as much as you, some days more some days less. But I play with our guild wb. It's really not hard for us to get medallions when you work together. It's especially nice when destro is outnumbered, though that rarely happens. If you are in a pug wb, it depends on whether you have a good dps in your group, or if you have one at all. They are the ones who (should) get kills, and the whole group can roll for medallions.
Ok, I guess I have ran out of excuses for pugging then. If running in a guild wb can yield x3 then it's time to break out the headphones.

Collateral

Post#5 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:07 pm

BrownStar wrote:
Collateral wrote:My bo has 100 now. I play about as much as you, some days more some days less. But I play with our guild wb. It's really not hard for us to get medallions when you work together. It's especially nice when destro is outnumbered, though that rarely happens. If you are in a pug wb, it depends on whether you have a good dps in your group, or if you have one at all. They are the ones who (should) get kills, and the whole group can roll for medallions.
Ok, I guess I have ran out of excuses for pugging then. If running in a guild wb can yield x3 then it's time to break out the headphones.
Yes for tanks and healers it's pretty much the only way, since you really won't be running around solo throwing death blows everywhere. Our guild can always use new players :)

Krima

Post#6 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:14 pm

Its cruel ? yes!! teamup with a SH or sorc + a healer only, and roam lakes..things will go alot faster
I do play a snb chosen and im siting on 12 conq medalions also..
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Marsares

Post#7 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Unless you are a RDPS, medallions are rather difficult to come by when play solo (which should be addressed as there is no reason why RDPS should have an easier ride whilst playing solo).

So it should be in my opinion. You want to be a solo hero in a team based game, there should be consequences associated to that.

And this has nothing to do with "elite" players wanting better gear to roflstomp PUGs, as anyone can get in a guild. There is a wide spectrum of guilds available in RoR, from very casual to hardcore, and any of them will - to varying degrees - yield better medallion returns.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

BrownStar

Post#8 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:25 pm

Well I do have a 40/43 BO with Anni/ruin and a 40/33 chosen running full ruin. Of course Guard is a priority but I am not the best at swapping guard in the heat of battle. What's a good way to connect with a guild?

Ads
Marsares

Post#9 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:38 pm

BrownStar wrote:Well I do have a 40/43 BO with Anni/ruin and a 40/33 chosen running full ruin. Of course Guard is a priority but I am not the best at swapping guard in the heat of battle. What's a good way to connect with a guild?
Well, there are difffent types of guilds with different requirements. Given the relatively small population of RoR, most have set entry requirements quite low:

(1) Be friendly, be sociable, be active. That will get you into most guilds.

(2) Play a class that is in demand. That will get you into even more guilds.

(3) Use voice comms. That will get you into virtually all guilds.

(4) Demonstrate detailed understanding of class/game and commit to regular playing times. That will get you into more "hardcore" guilds.

Without the ability to guard swap well, you will struggle to get into the latter I would imagine. Although most will be happy to accept you and help you learn it.
Last edited by Marsares on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

Collateral

Post#10 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:41 pm

I don't want to derail this thread any more, but swapping guard is something you learn. Bind a key to your guard ability (I have it on TAB), and keep an eye on your party members. When someone is in trouble, just double-tap TAB and bobs your uncle.