College of Corruption - King of the Hill
20%
Dragon's Bane - 3-point Domination
12%
Total votes: 130

catholicism198

Re: [Official Poll] Pug Scenario

Post#41 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:44 am

I love Mourkain Temple. Mainly because of the theming, but the objective isn't bad. It's a small map too and now that the artifact resets whenever you drag it to the WC makes things far more enjoyable.
Sucks when some idiot grabs it and tries to run it up to the one shots.
DokB wrote: Surprised Reikland Factory isn't getting a bit more time, it's a great pug scenario and very rarely ends with one side getting stomped (multiple paths to take, almost no room to spawn camp, keeps players moving around the map to contest BO).
Reikland Factory is so boring. No action, just people running around capping flags.
Mourkain might be a little rough considering how many... ...there are.

Ads
DokB
Legacy RR80

Post#42 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:07 am

No action in Reikland Factory? Yeah I guess if you only play the flags, but the mid zone is almost always contested and when the scores even out, you tend to see a lot of action trading between the two outlier objectives.

It gives both factions a better chance at winning at least, especially when the class compositions are imbalanced (no healers/tanks etc). If the enemy team can’t stop you from winning by constant flag captures even with a better composition, then they were either too lazy to try and/or got outplayed.

Maybe I’ve just had bad experiences with pug Mourkain, but 50% of the time it comes down to the initial mid fight then whoever wins that goes on to steamroll the rest of the round. And god help you if get a **** class composition in a hold-the-thing scenario.
Zoggof - Black Orc
Doinks - Ironbreaker
Leatherman - Blackguard

Aurandilaz

Post#43 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:23 am

Reikland Factory is IMO one of the best SC maps, alongside Nordenwatch.

Scenarios where losers may get a few emblems by clever hit and runs tactics are much fairer than scs where the upperdog just dominates and the losers get nothing out of the invested time.
Call it a "expected emblem earning value", which is higher for losers in those scenarios where there is a larger variety of ways to get enough points to earn 1-4 emblems, even if you end up losing.

total domination scenarios with single objective (or single pair of objectives) can be really frustrating and suck the motivation to play from you, if you by random chance happen to get a team and enemy by chance happens to get a better team that totally beats you.

Osred

Post#44 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:06 am

DokB wrote:
Maybe I’ve just had bad experiences with pug Mourkain, but 50% of the time it comes down to the initial mid fight then whoever wins that goes on to steamroll the rest of the round. And god help you if get a **** class composition in a hold-the-thing scenario.
Exactly. Why Reik only gets 2 weeks is bizaare, cause its ones of the few scens where boths sides have a good chance of getting rewards. Morkhain is just a pug stomp, full stop. Not fun at all when one side will completely flatline the other.
Ilthain - Archmage
Volketh - Blackguard
Osgrim - Ironbreaker
Osarion - Swordmaster
Osirion - White Lion
Osri - Engineer
Osgard - Slayer
Osred - Knight

Kragg

Post#45 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:06 pm

Mourkain Temple.
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 84 Sniper
Rordin Brightrune, RP.
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers

Specialpatrol

Post#46 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:17 pm

My vote would also go to an additional run for Reikland Factory. It was a weirdly short duration, compared to other pug scenarios (didn't we have Blackfire Basin for a month or more?)

Where is Reikland Hills, by the way? Would love to see that back. And it would make a great pug scenario as well!
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR7X
CHOKING l BW l R40 l RR7X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#47 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:27 pm

Specialpatrol wrote:My vote would also go to an additional run for Reikland Factory. It was a weirdly short duration, compared to other pug scenarios (didn't we have Blackfire Basin for a month or more?)

Where is Reikland Hills, by the way? Would love to see that back. And it would make a great pug scenario as well!
No one was really managing the pug scen for a while, that's why there was such a long gap in-between previous maps. Changing it every two weeks isn't an issue now, so I figured more frequent was better.

Reikland Hills isn't built out, and we don't have anyone working on implementing scenarios right now.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Aurandilaz

Post#48 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:20 pm

What about making Caledor Woods into a 12v12 PUG scenario? :)

I mean I've got it blacklisted for now because I cba to do any boisbanding, but would be fun to maybe try it occasionally as a normal scenario.

Ads
Danielle

Post#49 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:15 am

Aurandilaz wrote:What about making Caledor Woods into a 12v12 PUG scenario? :)

I mean I've got it blacklisted for now because I cba to do any boisbanding, but would be fun to maybe try it occasionally as a normal scenario.
Afaik Caledor Woods had split queues for PuGs and premades and it also hard enforces group composition unlike other scenarios, meaning you end up with a PuG 2/2/2 vs a PuG 2/2/2 or a premade vs. premade if you are queuing as a premade. The one situation where the scenario system **** up is if a premade leaves the pop against another premade, then it fills the PuGs in. I had a bunch of great Caledor Woods on lower tiers and a couple on tier 4 the shame is people just avoid it so I never get a pop solo queuing anymore.

Would be nice if it were the 'PuG' scenario for a week so people would wake up to the fact it can be played even though it's the 'official' 6v6 scenario.
Spoiler:
Raging Slayer overextender and Healbot of Deep and Dry and Dark Omen
All my Order characters
All my Destro characters
Yes, you are welcome to this hitlist. I REALLY enjoy being chased across a whole zone.

Daknallbomb

Post#50 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:39 am

Isha for the win or doomfist
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy