Recent Topics

Ads

What causes camping in SCs? How can we make it stop?

Let's talk about... everything else
Luth

Re: What causes camping in SCs? How can we make it stop?

Post#21 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:43 pm

Allorien wrote: There is no easy solution. Best is to only play with people who are good/skilled. This game is not hard, especially at such low levels. When groups are functioning properly, get a solid 6 man and call targets, /assist the main assist (if claimed by someone in your party), or /assist ______ which is the person in your group everyone assists (this can be macro'd).
Imo "being good/skilled" is very relative; probably 100% of all tanks that use "focused offense" in group fights, think of themselfs they were good.
I once knew a mdps/tank duo that always played together: the mdps was so squishy, that he was barely healable when being focused (no trivial blows). The tank was the real problem, as he was even as hard to heal as his guarded mdps, but he was also completely in his "give guard + do max. damage" mode all the time; there was no guardswitch, no ae-taunt or any "tank tool" despite fixed guard and especially no general awareness of the situation.
Those two scored high numbers versus most pugs in scenarios, but when **** hits the fan and you have to adapt (e.g. versus other groups), you always loose with such players.
They probably thought of themselfs they were good/skilled. I don't think so.

TL;DR:
The point is, building a group with some players (that probably don't know each other) and using /assist is just the WAR 101, but there will always be good teams dominating these groups. Scenarios in WAR are rarelly balanced with equally numbers or "skilled" players.

The "easy solution" is to force the dominating players to leave the enemy spawn point and to focus on winning the sc by it's mechanic. The fights will happen then automatically on the scenario objective(s).

Ads
Vampire

Post#22 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:50 pm

Luth wrote:
Allorien wrote: There is no easy solution. Best is to only play with people who are good/skilled. This game is not hard, especially at such low levels. When groups are functioning properly, get a solid 6 man and call targets, /assist the main assist (if claimed by someone in your party), or /assist ______ which is the person in your group everyone assists (this can be macro'd).
Imo "being good/skilled" is very relative; probably 100% of all tanks that use "focused offense" in group fights, think of themselfs they were good.
I once knew a mdps/tank duo that always played together: the mdps was so squishy, that he was barely healable when being focused (no trivial blows). The tank was the real problem, as he was even as hard to heal as his guarded mdps, but he was also completely in his "give guard + do max. damage" mode all the time; there was no guardswitch, no ae-taunt or any "tank tool" despite fixed guard and especially no general awareness of the situation.
Those two scored high numbers versus most pugs in scenarios, but when **** hits the fan and you have to adapt (e.g. versus other groups), you always loose with such players.
They probably thought of themselfs they were good/skilled. I don't think so.

TL;DR:
The point is, building a group with some players (that probably don't know each other) and using /assist is just the WAR 101, but there will always be good teams dominating these groups. Scenarios in WAR are rarelly balanced with equally numbers or "skilled" players.

The "easy solution" is to force the dominating players to leave the enemy spawn point and to focus on winning the sc by it's mechanic. The fights will happen then automatically on the scenario objective(s).
Luth from Daily Planet.

Luth

Post#23 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:02 pm

I'm a secret superhero, my alter ego is "Lois Lane".

Nishka
Suspended

Post#24 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:09 pm

There always was camping and always will be. The best and maybe the only thing that can be done about scene balance is fixing the balancing system, when scenario with unbalanced sides aborts in a few minutes.
"Well, once there was only chaos. You ask me, order's winning". - Grandmaster Siegfried Trappenfeld

Allorien

Post#25 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:25 pm

"Forming groups" - Yeah definitely meant people one knows :p Like you said not much use for pugs/casual players to group up.

How to change a mechanic to make me use it to win an sc vs camping is tough.

Does anyone know if the check for scenario populations for each faction is in place? That was nice to have back on live server. No fun with imba numbers.

Telen
Suspended

Post#26 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:30 pm

Class inbalance
Group composition
Roles composition
Pres vs Pug
Single Exit Spawns
2 Faction matches

Lots of reasons. Too many to ever fix it.