Ads

Decrease in Population?

Let's talk about... everything else
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Decrease in Population?

Post#161 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:52 pm

Kragg wrote:
Hargrim wrote:Karaz-a-Karak will rise again!
How about an excursion for the regiment? :oops:
I see dwarfs in Praag, dwarfs in Altdorf, dwarfs in Eataine. What next - Dwarfs in their own city? when will your horrible urge for territorial expansion finally come to an end? :'(

Ads
Kragg

Post#162 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:15 pm

saupreusse wrote:
Kragg wrote:
Hargrim wrote:Karaz-a-Karak will rise again!
How about an excursion for the regiment? :oops:
I see dwarfs in Praag, dwarfs in Altdorf, dwarfs in Eataine. What next - Dwarfs in their own city? when will your horrible urge for territorial expansion finally come to an end? :'(
Expansion now! Above ground and below the surface! :mrgreen:
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Mygnos

Post#163 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:18 pm

BrockRiefenstahl wrote: No it isnt due to one simple fact: Its all about RvR.
Without many 1v1 situations, without any Dungeons, without any sort of half decent AI.
Also those Kill Collectors / Title system etc. There are many things missing due to being in Alpha State.
Thats why it feels somehow empty but still alive (strong community).
On live servers, there was more variety in things to do. Here it is all about alliances and RvR lakes.
Its fun, but not enough to give the satisfaction of a rounded game where every aspect works.
All about RvR is what AoR was mainly done for. Poorly done though. But just showing the roots that leads back to DAOC´s unmatched RvR and mediocre at best PvE . But it was ok for many to smash their heads in 24/7 (prior to its own demise of course)

The one simple fact is: You´re right, its Alpha Stage. Done by few to repair/revive whats left of a dead horse left by the original designers who send AoR directly down the drain since beta times.

When it comes to PvE I am afraid it was made so poorly by EA/Mythic that many things will need complete overhaul or must be made new. Like the disastrous or simply non-existent AI (for Dungeons, Keep Bosses and so on). I don´t know if this can ever be repaired but I dearly hope so.

Sorry for the WOT but being a Warhammer Nerd and being utterly disappointed back then, seeing how miserably a big $$$ company has treated such a devoted and fanatic fanbase and AoR, I am happy that the Private Sever is alive. Just for the fun of it and without too much expectations.
Marisca - Proud and sturdy Iron Breaker
"OI! Oink! Oink! Green Piggy come ´ere and get your *censored* kicked"

Tropico

Post#164 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:23 am

I doubt there is much more I can contribute that hasn't already been said, but I might as well throw in my 2c.
BrockRiefenstahl wrote: No it isnt due to one simple fact: Its all about RvR.
Without many 1v1 situations, without any Dungeons, without any sort of half decent AI.
Also those Kill Collectors / Title system etc. There are many things missing due to being in Alpha State.
Thats why it feels somehow empty but still alive (strong community).
On live servers, there was more variety in things to do. Here it is all about alliances and RvR lakes.
Its fun, but not enough to give the satisfaction of a rounded game where every aspect works.
This is the primary reason why I've been taking longer and longer breaks from the game. From a person's perspective who didn't come to with his friends to play, everyone just grinds and grinds and grinds. Grind mobs to level. Grind medals/emblems for set. Grind purple numbers. It's barely an MMO in it's current state and the lack of a lot of things makes it feel very empty and hollow. This has been my sentiment and everyone else's who I've talked into playing and have all distanced themselves from the game.

Also a lot of other things, little gameplay nuances like CW, RD, potions in general I think should just be flat out removed from the game.. The amount of hps healers can output, the general dominance of RDPS in pug environments, tanks being insane, etc all come together to foster an environment where the general pvp experience is very boring, zergy and gets stale fast. Even the competitive meta from what I understand gets very spammy and boring and just becomes a game of punting people out of guard range. I've roamed in a 6 man for a while and it was fun, mostly for the social aspect but really not fun enough to kindle a greater interest in the game.

Glorian

Post#165 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:11 am

The combat system is more or less identical to AoR?
Or am I wrong? And in late AoR with the High armor 6vs6 was allways a game of isolate an enemy and get him.

What I want to say. Combat system is like it was. And In AoR tanks are also RvR tanks. So everything As it should be.

WAR2014

Post#166 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:33 am

warislove wrote:Population drop happened back in the ddos days summer of last year
not understand why people still blame the ddos last year? the case is long gone.

btw, i'm busy atm, since back2work 2 weeks ago after the long break of xmas and new year, new company new job new challenge new team, so much new stuffs need to regroup retrain reform bra bra bra...

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#167 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:26 am

Glorian wrote:The combat system is more or less identical to AoR?
Spoiler:
Or am I wrong? And in late AoR with the High armor 6vs6 was allways a game of isolate an enemy and get him.

What I want to say. Combat system is like it was. And In AoR tanks are also RvR tanks. So everything As it should be.
Yes, and it was already crap back on live. Thats why you cant make gold out of ...... :)
The devs do a great job, but some things they can't change.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#168 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:31 am

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:
Glorian wrote:The combat system is more or less identical to AoR?
Spoiler:

Yes, and it was already crap back on live. Thats why you cant make gold out of ...... :)
The devs do a great job, but some things they can't change.
never say never. it might take few years but i guess we can make a diamond for warhammer fantasy fans with just enough time.
look at other emulator /pritvate server projects. Time will tell :)
in terms of development possibilities we still stand at the beginning. same for client control. There is lots of cool stuff that could be achieved with just enough time.

Ads
adei

Post#169 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:55 pm

Dragaz wrote: - the competitive scene died with the banhammer of June 2016 when the dev team decided to observe a third medium such as Twitch.tv and implement a rule which would allow them to ban people for trashtalking in their own environment (retroactive). the result was a huge outcry and a banhammer which affected multiple guilds:
  • + critical acclaim (disbanded)
    + enigma (disbanded)
    + KappaPride (disbanded)
    + Red Guard (partially disbanded)
    + Fusion (partially disbanded)
The lack of certain people did not just kill guilds by itself but was also the reason to make other guilds stop playing as they had nobody to measure their skill with any longer. Nowadays you have guilds like krautcontrol & LoB dominating the battlefield. considering they were literally a non-factor during 2016, it is obvious that you won't find (new) people forming serious groups, neither will you attract skilled players to return. the community changed to be rather super small scale and make use of the new implemented solo queue which totally supports the casual gameplay.
Shame. RIP kagami I guess. Break the rules, get banned, plenty of people to measure skill against, just too much epeen to try it. GW2 anyone?

Zanilos

Post#170 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:13 pm

adei wrote:
Dragaz wrote: - the competitive scene died with the banhammer of June 2016 when the dev team decided to observe a third medium such as Twitch.tv and implement a rule which would allow them to ban people for trashtalking in their own environment (retroactive). the result was a huge outcry and a banhammer which affected multiple guilds:
  • + critical acclaim (disbanded)
    + enigma (disbanded)
    + KappaPride (disbanded)
    + Red Guard (partially disbanded)
    + Fusion (partially disbanded)
The lack of certain people did not just kill guilds by itself but was also the reason to make other guilds stop playing as they had nobody to measure their skill with any longer. Nowadays you have guilds like krautcontrol & LoB dominating the battlefield. considering they were literally a non-factor during 2016, it is obvious that you won't find (new) people forming serious groups, neither will you attract skilled players to return. the community changed to be rather super small scale and make use of the new implemented solo queue which totally supports the casual gameplay.
Shame. RIP kagami I guess. Break the rules, get banned, plenty of people to measure skill against, just too much epeen to try it. GW2 anyone?
Do you know how hard GW2 is? Set the bar lower please.