Recent Topics

Ads

Decrease in Population?

Let's talk about... everything else
cryao

Decrease in Population?

Post#1 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:44 pm

Seems RoR has taken a big hit since the holidays the numbers around November early December were 1200-1400 (with queue) during peak and died down to around 600-800 now it seems peak is 600-700 and dies down to around 150-200 players how come? Have most people done everything currently in game and just got bored or?

Ads
Aurandilaz

Re: Decrease in Population?

Post#2 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:48 pm

T4 is a zergfest that easily drives away casual players who are not pure-WAR addicts.
And when you get Anni, what next? Maybe take a break and wait for next gear to arrive.
Also many casual players simply might not have time during evenings to play 6-8 in order to see a keep lock, so they might quit.
Some get tired for other reasons.

Afterlife92

Post#3 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:55 pm

Some ppl like myself play from time to time due rl stuff (work,gym etc.). Population will get back once new gear arrives and new content.
Bakir

Welch - DoK / Welchz - WP
Paperboy - RP (R.I.P) / Meekz - Zealot
Welchs - AM / Littlez - Shaman
Kriksos - Mara / Skengman - Engi

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#4 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:56 pm

I blame the GM team. Clearly we are responsible for culling the weak and salty.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Aurandilaz

Post#5 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:13 pm

Well obviously if you ban enough "vocal" and more active members of the community, who often can be considered key players in some guilds or for their group setups, the rest of the party/guild might be less interested in continuing the game without their valuable ally. Not all bans have equal "impact", but some do bring down entire premades or cause a guild to disappear.
Though I think this might impact max a few dozen people, whereas most players simply have less time available or just get bored with endgame.

kkprfx

Post#6 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:20 pm

game is boring... zzz
players are ez mode zerg farmers.
full warbands dismounting to kill lowbie players..
100 + player guilds fail to play "competitive" or even make proper groups
players whine about everything
are some of the reasons why ppl quit the game
Gabber

Aurandilaz

Post#7 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:28 pm

kkprfx wrote:game is boring... zzz
players are ez mode zerg farmers.
full warbands dismounting to kill lowbie players..
100 + player guilds fail to play "competitive" or even make proper groups
players whine about everything
are some of the reasons why ppl quit the game
sounds just like the old days my dear friend :D

warislove

Post#8 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:50 pm

Population drop happened back in the ddos days summer of last year

Ads
NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#9 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:20 am

The moment anything is added to the game such as the holiday and live event last month, the server bloats to a point that T4 is unplayable. There's just currently kind of a stalemate once you hit around RR 60, as you've already acquired all the gear there is to grab and by then probably have decent talismans too, there's not much left to chase at the moment.

Aquilon

Post#10 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:38 am

wargrimnir wrote:I blame the GM team. Clearly we are responsible for culling the weak and salty.
Failed to find a single GM in 4 days, recently. Bad luck.
cryao wrote:Seems RoR has taken a big hit since the holidays the numbers around November early December were 1200-1400 (with queue) during peak and died down to around 600-800 now it seems peak is 600-700 and dies down to around 150-200 players how come? Have most people done everything currently in game and just got bored or?
Damage is composite:

1). WAR's extremly long learning curve.
To become half-decent a person has to play all archtypes pretty extensively. Something like 1-1.5 year with brakes.
And it looks like we have substantial influx of new players on Order side (destro doesn't exist and I don't care), which is good...and bad, because overall skill is low and old players don't feel that much interested - new players loose backs to hide, feed and follow around and might drop it.

In terms of overall skill level, WAR was fun only one month - in January 2015.

2). Current zergy-antizerg RvR-system.
Recent 14 hours long failed Order struggle to take KV is vivid example. Another zone capture, I was participating from start to finish, lasted for 5 hours. Is this an average number? Please, enlighten me. I don't feel like gathering this statistic myself, while beeing involved in such a waste of life, sorry.

3). Surprisingly: more ballance - less fun.
Actually, it happens with every project, which steps aside from initial concept and follows the road of "ballance", because idea (in a form, which is imagend most commonly) of "fairness" does not exist in this world.
So, fun for everyone = fun for noone. Vets loose their toys and interest, rookies have no idea what is effective and how to become confident player.

There is, probably, more, but that's all I wanted to tell.

Cheers!
Means determine end.