Recent Topics

Ads

Client control and improving textures/graphics?

Let's talk about... everything else
Jaycub

Client control and improving textures/graphics?

Post#1 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:57 am

I've seen a few threads pop up about textures in the past. With client control coming soon™ is that something that will possibly be pursued by the staff?

For how old the game is it looks pretty good imo, there are however quite a few textures out there that look just plain pig disgusting awful, especially on smaller details like trophies. When we had the /vg/ threads, a common complaint for people interested in the server was how bad the vanilla game looks as well.

Could also be an interesting way for the community to contribute to the project by submitting new textures for objects to be reviewed by the staff and then possibly implemented in a new push/patch whatever.

And what about things like draw distance, and other graphical settings?
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Ads
Serbiansword

Re: Client control and improving textures/graphics?

Post#2 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:44 am

They need to fix the LAG/FPS drop issue first imho. Per devs, there are a lot of packets between client and server that are causing troubles.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#3 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:56 am

Would love to see the lava correctly scaled... But having the possibility to do so doesnt mean its easy. The only staff i know that has experience with 3d modeling and wrapping textures is yali. But if you are asking for a full grown texture rework that wont happen ^^

Jaycub

Post#4 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:05 pm

Naw not a full scale rework, thinking more like someone decides to clean up the trophies and maybe upscale them if it's not gonna cause performance issues etc... 60% mounts have inconsistent details on them as well.

Some of the stuff in game looks like someone took a 512/1024 texture and downscaled it to 64x64 in ms paint.

I don't think retextures would cuase much trouble even for people on toasters if it was kept within reason, and even without higher resolution being an option I feel like community modders here could do a better job on a lot of things.

Not sure what is causing lag, it kinda blows my mind I can run witcher 3 with stable 60 on highest settings (without hair works obviously) but keep sieges in this game tank me below 30 fps easily. Would this game benefit from LAA patch or something?
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

CegeePegee
Former Staff

Post#5 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:06 pm

Sau, if yall ever need another warm body to work on 3D modeling and textures, I can be of assistance :)

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#6 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:13 pm

CegeePegee wrote:Sau, if yall ever need another warm body to work on 3D modeling and textures, I can be of assistance :)
Best bet would be to talk directly to yali when/if such a possibility ever arises

Swissguru

Post#7 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:15 pm

So am I correct to assume, based on the above statements, that my FPS issues on a high end PC are not fixable by graphics fiddling and are instead related to the client that is currently used?

(New here, and had some bad times with bad FPS regardless of graphics since I started playing)

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#8 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:16 pm

Swissguru wrote:So am I correct to assume, based on the above statements, that my FPS issues on a high end PC are not fixable by graphics fiddling and are instead related to the client that is currently used?

(New here, and had some bad times with bad FPS regardless of graphics since I started playing)
I would guess bad optimization of client, but Im no expert on this matter :D

Ads
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#9 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Natherul wrote:I would guess bad optimization of client, but Im no expert on this matter :D
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Serbiansword

Post#10 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:10 pm

Swissguru wrote:So am I correct to assume, based on the above statements, that my FPS issues on a high end PC are not fixable by graphics fiddling and are instead related to the client that is currently used?

Well don't quote me on that, but I've read several posts from devs which are stating that there are some packet issues between client and server which are causing FPS drops in large scale battles. There are multiple threads opened for this issue. Some even say that addons are killing the FPS as well.