Martyr's Square: Sync & Nerfedbuttons - enigma
Martyr's Square: Dureal & Method - Disrespect/It's Orz again
Badlands: Dureal & Alatheus - Exo
Karak-Norn: Sejanus - Blitz/Elementz

Ads
lilsabin

Re: Is melee DPS "viable" for a newbie?

Post#32 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:29 pm

nothing is viAble in this game as long as you play alone :)

NoRKaLKiLLa

Post#33 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:58 pm

WH/WE and SM/BG can solo effectively if they pick their battles wisely.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#34 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:27 pm

IB can also solo fine imo. I do well enough. Run away from squigs and don't bother good magi if they have their pet out already, and youll do fine. Most of soloing is knowing where to be to get solo ganks, and knowing also to run the moment you think the zerg is behind you :p
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

blaqwar

Post#35 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:56 am

NoRKaLKiLLa wrote:WH/WE and SM/BG can solo effectively if they pick their battles wisely.
Unless you are a WH/WE and have stealth + a get out of jail free card (Anathema/Agile Escape) it has nothing to do with picking your battles wisely, it's all a matter of luck. Most people in this day and age of WAR won't allow themselves to be baited or be looking for a fair fight, it just doesn't happen. So you will never get to fight on your terms, which means that you'll be looking to get a jump on someone passing the main travel routes and either succeed or get enemies added in/ran over by the zerg/your target running away (it's incredibly difficult to not have enemies run away in WAR).

Don't believe this guy, he rarely solos and when he does he fails (as do the rest of us non WE/WHs, it's just how the game works). Make friends.

GodlessCrom
Suspended

Post#36 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:25 am

Don't believe this guy, he rarely solos and when he does he fails (as do the rest of us non WE/WHs, it's just how the game works
Lol, speak for yourself m8. There are a decent amount of players that do well soloing. Obviously, sometimes you get zerged to death, but it's definitely possible to have fun and success soloing as certain classes. I wouldn't recommend soloing as Slayer or Zealot f'rex, but it's possible to solo as a 2h Ironbreaker (there might even be some videos out there of someone doing it on RoR ;) ), and it's most definitely possible to have success soloing as a dps AM/Shaman, or (even better) a Squig Herder.

Look, it's not the most efficient way to play. And it can be very frustrating. But if you're an antisocial git like me, then it can be fun and rewarding when you get a good night of ganks, or pull off a good 1vX.
Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king!

spikespiegel84

Post#37 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:34 am

Sorry mate, I think he means that as a Witch Hunter\Elf, if you jump a premade, you are undeniably an idiot. And he's right. Still, back in t3 times, I had fun soloing with a 2h chosen.
If you still fall for stagger trap cause you don't want to pop your Res Def on time, you deserve all the inches of steel in in your guts :D.

But hey, honestly speaking, best solo classes are ranged, for reasons we all know. Shaman\AM and Squiggy\SW.

CrimsonX

Post#38 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:57 am

I've recently started soloing on my WH again. From my experience the amount of solo players is pretty low (more noticeable when paying order as destro seem to have more small roam groups). This makes it pretty difficult to find opportunities to attack and kill a target before being intercepted by multiple players of the opposing faction. Also worth mentioning is that it seems the main people you will encounter of the opposing faction who are indeed actively running solo are high RR and fully geared. Not all but most.

It can be very frustrating at times and you will really need to be able to identify when to engage, when to escape and which players you just can't kill 1v1 (Technomork anyone?).

A lot of my time in TM yesterday was spent dodging groups. Comparing that with some duo roaming I was doing with my WP guildie also in TM, we were getting numerous kills and even won a 4v2 near the keep. It's not all like that though, and we still died a fair bit (especially to the likes of Vaping).

If planning to solo on melee be prepared to die a lot even with CW, ID, double pots etc (which will be essential). Even using every trick in your classes bag won't be enough to win all of your fights or get you out of some situations. I feel this gets slightly easier with gear/RR. I noticed a significant improvement after upgrading (only) to 3 piece anni from ruin, which I'm sure will be better still once I have the full set.

I'm going to be running a 2 man as much as I can until I've completed my gear set and my RR is a bit higher. Soloing is the most enjoyable for me but it is a difficult play style, harder still as melee and if you are low RR and undergeared, group play will probably be more efficient.

Edit: Forgot to add T1-3 solo roaming on a WH is incredibly easy, especially once you have access to PW.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#39 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:08 am

You can solo on am just fine. Even better on shammy.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#40 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:28 am

Play a dps shammy :)
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy