Recent Topics

Ads

What is happening in T4?

Let's talk about... everything else
Achilleos

What is happening in T4?

Post#1 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi everyone,

first off, this is not intended as a rant of any sorts. I am just stating my personal observation and seek your input on the matter.

For the last couple days now I have the feeling that T4 is playing out very one-sided and I am starting to witness some worrying effects.
RvR is a one-way march for order on all battlefields to pretty much every time of the day I manage to log in myself. I see lockdown after lockdown. And as a result it seems that more and more destro players are simply giving up. I read "Just let them take empty keeps" and "Why even bother?" in the chat and notice many standing infront of the WC during battles, not participating but trying to leech some RR if there was something to actually happen on that particular map.

SCs should be more balanced, no? Well, I'd like to think so... but something seems awkwardly off. I was keeping track for a couple days now, and noticed that destro was winning 3 out of 20 SC matches on average. And that is quite a rough quota. I at least have a hard time getting my guildmembers to join in on SCs as a duo or whatever, because they don't want to waste their time losing SC after SC and getting little to none RR and very few emblems. Hmm...

So, I don't know, guys. But what are your observations? Maybe you have noticed quite the opposite. Maybe I just got the wrong overall picture. Hell, maybe I even suck so bad that all that losing is to be blamed on me. :P
But seriously... what is going on in T4?
Ironbreaker of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Grondil Anvilfist, Warrior

Ads
flintboth

Re: What is happening in T4?

Post#2 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:04 pm

I think Blackbird is developing the game, that's why Orda can't lose.
monkey 079 (test failure - escaped)

saupreusse
Developer

Post#3 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:22 pm

the grass is always greener on the other side :^)

faiden

Post#4 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:22 pm

320 AAO never seen that much before
faiden@Quakenet#martys_square
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAu ... tu.be&t=73
https://www.twitch.tv/faidentv
Patch Notes 7/1/17 wrote:- Bugman's Best now heals group members instead of all allies

Achilleos

Post#5 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:24 pm

And that's why I can't ask for observations or thoughts on this?
I mean it is quite obvious for all what is going on in RvR.
I'm simply interested in serious input.
Ironbreaker of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Grondil Anvilfist, Warrior

jonspidy

Post#6 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:26 pm

Also could depend on your timezone and what time you play.
I'm NA and when i finally get to log in its usually the other way around, Destro controls everything.

Like Saupreusse said "The grass is always greener on the other side"
Vanhel - Knight Of the Blazing Sun
"The hammer is not the answer to every military problem, for even the mightiest of hammers will miss its mark if the opponent is wise enough not to wait around to get crushed."

saupreusse
Developer

Post#7 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:28 pm

my mate says order is always loosing scs, i say im winning around 50%. when i log into my order guild they complain about horribly strong squigs - when i log into my destro guild, they cry about too strong runepriests.
Few weeks ago destro was dominating the lakes, last days order seems to rule. my observation: both sides are too powerful and need some nerfs :^)

Thayli

Post#8 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:29 pm

A week ago Destruction was the one zerging. It was Order before that, and so on. Having played actively for a while now, I feel it boils down to three issues:

1) Xrealming
This is the biggest issue with realm imbalance at the moment, but one not fixable as of yet. Right now there is simply not enough incentive or enforcement to stick with the underdog side, so people take the easy option and switch realms. We can start pointing fingers all we want, at the end of the day this is part of human nature. In any case, we know that the devs will try to tackle it at some point but they cannot without client access, so discussing it further is a moot point.

2) Different prime times
I'm sure that if some sort of survey were ever to be done on the population per realm, differences would be noticeable. We see that Order has much bigger numbers earlier in the day than Destruction, and that Destruction often doesn't kick into gear until the major guilds get organized, which tends to be quite late. This probably has some correlation with the average age, occupation and time zone per realm.

3) Lack of options against defensive zerging
We saw this in Dragonwake yesterday. Despite Destruction having a 5-star keep and all BOs, and Order having no stars, we could not take the keep for hours. Even with the most tryhard organization with several guilds and pugs, we could not take a keep because we still had AAO. While a bit more forms of counterplay against zerging are available now through the use of AoE cannons, this does not translate into sieges inside the keep, sadly. It is normal that people just give up after a while. Phalanx and many others went to bed after 6 or 7 tries.

You're right, though. The population imbalance is noticeable and highly frustrating. As for scenarios, the difference here is premade vs pug, most often. No matter how good you are solo, you're going to have a hard time playing against a full (or in some cases double) premade. And unless you have a big guild to pull troops for scenarios from, it's very easy to get demotivated. I used to play solo or 2-3 premade a lot, and it sucked.
Last edited by Thayli on Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Thayli - SH
Thlayli - SQ

[Phalanx]

Ads
Tesq

Post#9 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:30 pm

jonspidy wrote:Also could depend on your timezone and what time you play.
I'm NA and when i finally get to log in its usually the other way around, Destro controls everything.

Like Saupreusse said "The grass is always greener on the other side"
had saw some gold /account seller ban maybe some group of nerds is leveling up somwhere around the globe 24/24h for profit eu time order, NA time destru :lol:

BrownStar

Post#10 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 4:38 pm

I'm on the order side and the OP has it right, praag was a turkey shoot earlier today, and I kept asking myself why do they even bother.
My guess is that the days of xrealming is coming to an end sooner than we think. I think it will ruffle some feathers early but will benefit the game greatly in the long run.