Recent Topics

Ads

DOK + WP .ab ex tips, tricks and FAQ

Let's talk about... everything else
Gobtar

Re: DOK + WP .ab ex tips, tricks and FAQ

Post#11 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:01 pm

I will be reorganizing post to be clearer, the organic nature of the changes is going to make this more difficult.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#12 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:11 pm

Thanks Gobtar :)
-= Agony =-

Gobtar

Post#13 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:49 pm

My pleasure-- If an players wish to ask genuine questions on How-to .ab ex Dok/WP feel free to ask them here. Else Feedback can be left on the most recent Changelog.

Feel free to also pose "generalist" questions that you think might be useful to players that might be struggling. I will be compiling the FAQ for the second post for visibility purposes.

sotora

Post#14 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:56 pm

Generalist question here. Celerity/Righteousness buff after Torture/Wrath usage use 5 mechanic points per second. That result in starting most engagements with 0 SE/RF since buff usually deplete your remaining points and dynamic nature of fight engagements in both scenario&rvr often don't leave time to replenish some of them via replenish skill.

Was that intended by design in DoK/WP changes?

Gobtar

Post#15 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:03 pm

Celerity/Righteousness drain on resource will only occur while in combat, out of combat your resource will recharge normally.

blaqwar

Post#16 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:45 pm

As a result of seeing pleas of "can someone explain the changes to me" in advice chat I took some time and wrote down a simplified, colour-coded version of the patch notes with explanations below them. I also merged some recent changes and added the changes that were not in the original patch notes (for example PoR/CoC draining your mechanic points in addition to the AP points, the switches being 15/30 instead of 10/30, etc)
I shall shamelessly plug it that blog post here, hopefully it's not frowned upon. A Dummies Guide to Disciple of Khaine and Warrior Priest Changes.

Gobtar wrote:Celerity/Righteousness drain on resource will only occur while in combat, out of combat your resource will recharge normally.
One small detail is the way this drain is coded. It seems it happens out of combat as well but it's balanced with the regen so you don't see it. This means that the out of combat RF/SE regen is reduced by 5, resulting in a regen of 15 rather than 20.

Not a big deal but something to keep in mind when using flee and recuperating after combat.

Kalell

Post#17 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:15 pm

Since its a tips, tricks and FAQ thread, a question from the other side:
What hinders/ annoys a mele-healing WP/DoK?

Other healers have quite some problems with multiple enemies, since they have no aoe detaunt (or no reliable up-time), which is exactly the strength of WPs/ DoKs.
And direct healing is affected by outgoing and incoming heal-debuffs. A mele-healer can switch to more transfer/ lifetap healing to mitigate this.
Even running away, so they can't hit me, seems useless. They seem to heal the same amount, no matter who they are hitting. (And tanks usually don't run away from a healer, and can't detaunt)
And lastly CC, basically just knockdown, and burst. But this seems to be by far harder on a WP/ DoK than any other healer.

Basically: How can I stop you?

zabis

Post#18 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:21 pm

+ The damage inflicted by Path of Wrath skills increases based on your Righteous Fury level, to a maximum of 40%.
+ The damage inflicted by Path of Torture skills increases based on your Soul Essence level, to a maximum of 25%.

Why are these different?
Soulcheg wrote:Want mirrored classes - play chess.
Genisaurus wrote:You are not entitled to Best-in-Slot gear just because you log on.

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#19 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:14 pm

zabis wrote:+ The damage inflicted by Path of Wrath skills increases based on your Righteous Fury level, to a maximum of 40%.
+ The damage inflicted by Path of Torture skills increases based on your Soul Essence level, to a maximum of 25%.

Why are these different?
If I had to guess, I'd say it's because dual-wielding already left DoK DPS 15% higher by default (off-hand attacks, proc meta, raw tooltips, etc.)

sotora

Post#20 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:50 pm

Gobtar wrote:Celerity/Righteousness drain on resource will only occur while in combat, out of combat your resource will recharge normally.
Before you get our of combat - it takes around 15-20(?) seconds to do so once last hit is made/landed. In Scenarios and also many RVR situations you won't get out of combat at all or long enough for you to regen, so you start next engagement with 0 / very low number.