Ads

Swiftassist stopped working for me

Let's talk about... everything else
Tankbeardz

Re: Swiftassist stopped working for me

Post#21 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:12 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
bloodi wrote:
Torquemadra wrote:Yes, picking out a specific target from within a scrum is hugely different than telling everyone in your VOI channel to press a macro and lock on for instantaneous obliteration
How is different than using the main assist button available ingame or creating a macro for one of your group players?

it isnt, but he clearly said "Because clicking the target or hitting a different button to target is any different?" Which I read as moving mouse over a specific target or tab target which as i said is clearly harder. Assist by any means is still skill free, the issue is some people have found all assists non functional and I shed no tears for it though is a function I use myself
I completely disagree. Picking a target (I mean the act of targeting, not target selection) has zero to do with skill, in general, but is an essential part of team play and strategy. Why should PVP be completely chaotic in a team-based game? Tabbing 25 times to find a target that everyone can see makes no sense IMO.

Ads
Dabbart

Post#22 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:26 pm

tabbing to cycle/target nearest isn't clicking an enemy in the midst of a swirling crowd. It's just another variation of the assist macro.

Being able to swiftly, and correctly pick your target out via mouse click takes skill. There is a reason you can click on someone before you can auto-target them. Click-targeting carries the same basic skill set as FPS shooting. A quick mouse, and good hand-eye, etc.

personally, I **** hate the click target system in this game. Even on Live it was frustrating. But regardless of assist working or not, you still need someone who can quickly and properly choose the target to attack.

TLDR: any type of automatic targeting system removes a base level of skill. It does however replace it with efficiency and far less annoyance...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Styrkarr
Former Staff

Post#23 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:05 am

And don't forget people using the mouse for moving. Targeting something with mouse click means i have to stop moving during the targeting. :p
CCM

Dabbart

Post#24 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:05 am

I haven't tried mouse movement in a long time. im always changing my viewpoint to watch angles... You do get a bunch of extra key ins locations though... How many mouse move?
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

CrimsonX

Post#25 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:47 am

Please stop posting in this thread if you are not going to stay on topic (assist and/or addon) functioning/not functioning.

The topic was not created to discuss the skill level involved in using the mechanic or add-on, mouse movements etc. I'm sure others having the issue would much rather being able to quickly confirm important parts of this thread without having to sift through unrelated opinions.

For those who missed my post earlier, try disabling warbuilder addon as this worked for me and /assist is now functioning.

Penril

Post#26 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:41 pm

CrimsonX wrote:Please stop posting in this thread if you are not going to stay on topic (assist and/or addon) functioning/not functioning.

The topic was not created to discuss the skill level involved in using the mechanic or add-on, mouse movements etc. I'm sure others having the issue would much rather being able to quickly confirm important parts of this thread without having to sift through unrelated opinions.

For those who missed my post earlier, try disabling warbuilder addon as this worked for me and /assist is now functioning.
This worked for me. Thanks man!

Thelen

Post#27 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:28 am

Any other solutions? I'm not using warbuilder addon and my assist function not working.

EDIT: removing and re-adding Swift Assist fixed it somehow.
Last edited by Thelen on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrimsonX

Post#28 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:30 am

Have you updated or installed any new add-ons at all?

If so, start by disabling them individually and then work through your list. Outside of that not sure what can be done.

Ads