Swiftassist stopped working for me

Let's talk about... everything else
Razid1987

Re: Swiftassist stopped working for me

Post#11 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:52 pm

People seem to have really mixed experiences with this, lol.

Ads
CrimsonX

Post#12 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:05 pm

Right clicking on defensive target and selecting Assist still works...

If anyone finds out any more info as to how to fix this please post here or send me a pm.

Dabbart

Post#13 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:19 pm

I have enemy unit frames to assist on Rclick, it was working last night. But I main healers, so not assisting that frequently...
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Razid1987

Post#14 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:10 am

Torquemadra wrote:
Razid1987 wrote:Is this intended, Torq?
Nothing to do with me though wont miss it as is a completely skill free mechanism
Oh okay. Well, you can say that about a lot of things in this game, including the normal /assist.

Nefarian78

Post#15 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:16 pm

Imo it was more a QoL addon. Instead of searching through 20+ targets you can use the Assist button. Some addons really make the game easier. this one wasn't that big of a deal, because there's the in-game main assist mechanic too.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Tankbeardz

Post#16 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:51 pm

Torquemadra wrote:
Razid1987 wrote:Is this intended, Torq?
Nothing to do with me though wont miss it as is a completely skill free mechanism
Because clicking the target or hitting a different button to target is any different?

Morf

Post#17 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:35 pm

Assist macro still works for me.

As for it being a skill free mechanism, the skill is picking the right target to start off with, if removed good luck targeting a dwarf or gobbo in amongst some larger characters, i guess it would become a pugs dream tho, they could carry on spamming aoe and picking the wrong targets to hit.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

bloodi
Suspended

Post#18 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:09 pm

Torquemadra wrote:Yes, picking out a specific target from within a scrum is hugely different than telling everyone in your VOI channel to press a macro and lock on for instantaneous obliteration
How is different than using the main assist button available ingame or creating a macro for one of your group players?

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#19 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:17 pm

Spoiler:
Torquemadra wrote:it isnt, still skill free, the issue is some people have found all assists non functional and I shed no tears for it though is a function I use myself
At some point, you gotta realize that you may be the crazy old man refusing to use microwaves because they send signals of what you are cooking to the commies.

Assists have been in the genre since its inception, be a macro, an addon or whatever, its the same for all, you press a button and you get the same target another guy in the group called for.

When you take into account the clutter than happens in some fights, i dont think anyone can argue about them being a bad thing, at all.

They are a quality of life improvement and the game was designed with them in mind, already back in Daoc.

User was warned for this post, choose your wording more carefully.

CrimsonX

Post#20 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:04 pm

After testing today I have fixed the issue I was having and /assist is now functional.

It seems (for me) the last update to warbuilder addon was causing this.If you have warbuilder try disabling and see if you get the same result.

Will also update Sullemunks thread with the issue.