Recent Topics

Ads

Character Wipe?!

Let's talk about... everything else
zarck95

Character Wipe?!

Post#1 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:37 pm

I just came back to RoR to help a friend starting his adventure in here and all I've found in my account is dust, not even one character in there. And there was around 15, so it's not something you can't notice on first sight

Was there any kind of problem with accounts or simply a char wipe in the last 6-7 months?

Ads
Ley
Former Staff

Re: Character Wipe?!

Post#2 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:40 pm

Second one, wipe after many many months of inactivity

zarck95

Post#3 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:41 pm

May I know the reason of the wipe if possible and how often it occurs? or how does it triggers?

Thanks

Ley
Former Staff

Post#4 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:48 pm

Exactly that , many months of inactivity, clearing the DB. Afaik it's the first time it happened in more than 1 year. (or till the beginning).
to avoid it in the future ,log the acc from time to time. 1 time/month should be cool , even 1 time/2 months

topaz85

Post#5 » Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:57 pm

damn got the same situation.
Any chance of recovering my wiped char?

Luicetarro

Post#6 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:04 am

topaz85 wrote:damn got the same situation.
Any chance of recovering my wiped char?
Nopes. Gone for good.

Abolition

Post#7 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:33 am

I log in and off every 4-6 weeks just to avoid this. Just in case I ever want to come back ;)
Image Abolition | Image AboGroupHeals | Image DontEatMe Bro

Razielhell
Former Staff

Post#8 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:55 am

Abolition wrote:I log in and off every 4-6 weeks just to avoid this. Just in case I ever want to come back ;)
Say Hi in general channel... 8-)
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

Ads
greenstoned

Post#9 » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:24 pm

well damn, school kept me busy, all my toons are gone now. kinda hoped to go around taking screenshots, i got this research paper to do in video game history class on my favorite game ever. with the end term work no way i can level a toon again before the hand in date in a week and a half ^^
AM - Greendreams
SW - Experiment

topaz85

Post#10 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:34 am

Well for me It's a looong absence from the game because more than anything I hate doing same things over again. Not that I was playing a lot (hence char wipe) but from time to time I just log in to feel the nostalgia. Well that's that then.
Now I start to recall my road to 80 rr and sovereign. That feeling of accomplishment.. and that sigh when I remembered it took hours upon hours of grind to just get there.
Didn't had the heart to continue the grind to 100rr... beacuse it's just more of the grind to wear the sets that we'rent that good looking. Chosen Sov >>>>>> 100rr set.... tbh any class Sov looks better than anything you get later on.
And I mean grind "oh look pop, serpent passage... oh look they are rolling us so hard we ain't going out of the spawn zone, getting to know those guards next to the ship, how ya'll doing, how's family? another hard day of work? oh wait let's just kill this dude who came to close, ok I'm back so what were we talking about?" and that's 1-2k of rr per 5-10 min sc and you need something like 3.546.245 rr to get from 70 to 71.
Then you just log in to sit in camps and switch between zones for bonus RR realm lock ticks and/or follow the zerg....
That's when you realize you could've rolled WE/WH and just stalk solo kills in RvR lake 1-10k rr per kill. But when you are a chosen of chaos... you have to take the long and bumpy road. And then you feel like your class should be renamed to something like jinxed of chaos. Or Goofy the Berzerker. Pluto the Nurgled. Micky the Doublefisted fan of Slaanesh. Tom or Jerry the Clueless Magician of Tzeentch.
So yeah T4 is mostly boring grind to be able to wear nice things because they won't fit on you because of the magical ribbon that will vanish as soon as you get that X renown rank.

That's why most fun in the game comes from T1-T3. You are getting things done relatively quick, you don't feel entirely useless (well maybe for first 1-2 levels at the start of the tier but you can quickly go past that... unlike T4), and It ain't taking ages to get anywhere (like it does in T4).

Building up to the point of last level before you are forced to walk into T4 (like lvl 31 or smthg), while ending T3 in scenarios you are probably killing people left and right, feeling powerful and having so much fun... and then you are kicked into T4 and for very long time you will be just another meat for the grinder. Like a newborn child that can barely move by itself. All that work and fun you had. Say goodbye to it. You are barely doing anything meaningful (especially if you are melee class, which I tend to play) and dying from a sneeze from anything. And that kind of experience will last for quite some time.

But when you grind your teeth and go through the process of moving from 31+ to 40ty (which is not that difficult) then you need to grind some more to get that RR to wear something nice which will make you die less and actually contribute. Then maaaybe you can have some fun.
And it only happens on certain conditions/random occasions, from time to time (with huge gaps of grind in between) in T4.

Oh and almost forgot about grinding SC weapons. Yeah the grind is real.
Warhammer should change the game name to GrindHammer as soon as you hit T4.