Recent Topics

Ads

What do the good guys need?

Let's talk about... everything else
blaqwar

Re: What do the good guys need?

Post#11 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:02 pm

navis wrote:in almost all cases I know of, there isn't any reason I see to spec s+b tank, but that's just my opinion.. playing def/tard tank in PvP is.. I personally don't like to guard in PvP unless it's absolutely necessary, and when I heal I also prefer my tanks play like this..

if you play any DPS just try to focus fire as best, don't run out of range of healers, spec def/hard to kill.

In general try to build a spec to be of use to a actual warband config.. Even WL can act as a pull-bot, although that's not going to help in large scale it's still useful.
In your world tanks don't use guard and spec, gear and play offensive. DPS specs, gears and plays defensive. There's a lot wrong with that idea. Firstly, dps tanks will never be able to do the same amount of dps as a DPS career. And secondly, a DPS career will never be able to reach the same amounts of survivability as a tank career.

Then there's the fact that guard is one of the most valuable tools in this game and it enables a defensive or semi-defensive tank to effectively cover the reduced survivability of a full damage focused DPS career. This is maximising the potential different archetypes in this game have by default.

Your advice is only useful to people who don't like winning. Selfish people who don't want to play with the team. For anyone else, your advice is rubbish.

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#12 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:09 pm

Warkittens wrote:I was having a grand old time in this game. Kicking ass and taking way to many names. But than I got to t4 and was told what I was playing is worthless and doesn't work... I knew it wasn't the usual but I was having fun topping SC's and solo RvR. But after I got kicked out of a guild for not being what I needed to be... Well time to reroll.

I love all the classes in this game and have no preference, so I wanted to get a couple of ideas.

WHAT DOES ORDER NEED. When it comes to t4, what would be most beneficial to a warbands siege? Do we need tanks? Healers? Hybrids? Ranged?

Tell me so I can start another grind to t4 and hopefully join the fight.
Play what you like, how you like. Learn and master the class you choose the way you want to...if you are any good, people will start inviting you to groups. The new solo /duo queues are a great place to start learning without too much pressure.

I can't stand that type of arrogant attitude but, unfortunately, it is not uncommon.

If you are desperately in need of grouping, play a WP / RP or KotBS / IB...those are always in high demand.

Good luck to you.

anarchypark

Post#13 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:49 am

definitely tank
with tank spec, tank gear
who can stand at front line
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ninepaces

Post#14 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:21 am

listen to the first reply in this thread.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#15 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:57 am

I am not shocked hat you got kicked out of a guild. There are a lot of guilds that use players to support one or two players. Egotistical imho.

Don't re-roll .... find a better guild!
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

sjin

Post#16 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:44 am

...this server needs more players and bosses which adjusts the mechanics of the game the number of players... especially that we have a new website :D :roll:

navis

Post#17 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:32 pm

blaqwar wrote:
navis wrote:in almost all cases I know of, there isn't any reason I see to spec s+b tank, but that's just my opinion.. playing def/tard tank in PvP is.. I personally don't like to guard in PvP unless it's absolutely necessary, and when I heal I also prefer my tanks play like this..

if you play any DPS just try to focus fire as best, don't run out of range of healers, spec def/hard to kill.

In general try to build a spec to be of use to a actual warband config.. Even WL can act as a pull-bot, although that's not going to help in large scale it's still useful.
In your world tanks don't use guard and spec, gear and play offensive. DPS specs, gears and plays defensive. There's a lot wrong with that idea. Firstly, dps tanks will never be able to do the same amount of dps as a DPS career. And secondly, a DPS career will never be able to reach the same amounts of survivability as a tank career.

Then there's the fact that guard is one of the most valuable tools in this game and it enables a defensive or semi-defensive tank to effectively cover the reduced survivability of a full damage focused DPS career. This is maximising the potential different archetypes in this game have by default.

Your advice is only useful to people who don't like winning. Selfish people who don't want to play with the team. For anyone else, your advice is rubbish.
Lol, I didn't expect that for a reply. But clearly it displeases you in, someways.
I never said anywhere that DPS would approach DPS classes, so lolz on you. I said squishy classes would be the primary targets. There is more than one way to play them and you are fo sure not the one to lay any such claims..

blaqwar

Post#18 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:47 pm

navis wrote:
blaqwar wrote:

Lol, I didn't expect that for a reply. But clearly it displeases you in, someways.
I never said anywhere that DPS would approach DPS classes, so lolz on you. I said squishy classes would be the primary targets. There is more than one way to play them and you are fo sure not the one to lay any such claims..
I never said you did, I pointed out the fact that tank DPS will never be as good as that of a real DPS career in order to better contrast your idea of how PvP works with the general idea of viable PvP gameplay in this game.

I believe my point stands, you're outlining a flawed and sub-par playstyle. There's a discussion going on in the balance section proposing a change to guard because PuGs and newcomers aren't using it due to accessibility issues among others. And here you are, propagating not using it, in additon to other flawed ideas.

I simply think your advice is bad. This is in no way a personal attack.

Ads