Recent Topics

Ads

Futile Strikes - working as intended?

Let's talk about... everything else
huntergregg

Futile Strikes - working as intended?

Post#1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:57 pm

I recently put enough renown points into Futile Strikes to lower my chance to be crit to 0 according to the in-game stats on the paper doll. However, I was just critically hit from two different destro for amazing amounts of damage, according to my combat log.

Whats the deal with Futile Strikes? If I have a zero percent chance to be critically hit, why am I getting critically hit? Does FS not work? Is my stat display incorrect? If so, where can I find the correct value for my chance to be crit?

I will post a bug report but want to ask here first if I'm just missing something.
Samiheals, Sammage, Samwich, Samslayer, Samibaby, Talimaker, Hotstuffz, Axeme, Bootsy, Stankheals, Aoeforme, Einan and many others still growing up

Ads
Styrkarr
Former Staff

Re: Futile Strikes - working as intended?

Post#2 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:01 pm

If i'm correct, chance to be crit are :
Your chance to be crit + the % crit of your foe

Two examples :
- You have 0% chance to be crit as you said, but your foe have 22% chance to crit someone. So he will have a total of 22% chance to crit you.

- You have 7.6% chance to be crit, but your foe have 30% chance to crit someone. So he will have a total of 37.6% chance to crit you.
Last edited by Styrkarr on Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CCM

Azarael

Post#3 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:02 pm

That's your base chance to be crit. Other classes can both increase your chance to be critically hit and increase their own chances to critically hit.

Dabbart

Post#4 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:57 pm

There are also Initiative Debuffs that increase your chance to crit, various classes have abilities that make a target %higher to be crit, etc.

Many, many factors in Criticals. FS is still entirely worth it however(depending on class). 10-15% chance to be crit can be HUGE in terms of raw DPS...

Also, Sup SoCal!
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

roadkillrobin

Post#5 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:22 pm

If you play Destro FS is a complete waste of renown imo. The Crit stacking and debuffing of passive and active buffs and debuffs on order side is real aswell as proc meta being a thing it's atm better to just stack wounds/ressist/armor, or max out block/parry/dodge/disrupt. (Both for tanks)
But from a techincal stand point: Yeah it works.