Recent Topics

Ads

Alternate Engie/Magus Pet Bonuses

Let's talk about... everything else
porkstar

Alternate Engie/Magus Pet Bonuses

Post#1 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:52 pm

I know Az mentioned that in the future, different pet types would have different stack bonuses instead of all pet types using increased range. Is there a thread started somewhere? If not, when/where will this topic thread exist?
Vagreena Auntie Dangercat
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave
Penril wrote:So you are saying that a class you never touched is OP?
Go play it before posting about it pal...

Ads
porkstar

Re: Alternate Engie/Magus Pet Bonuses

Post#2 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:55 pm

Nothing? Ok what about this?

Assuming the standard 40% dmg buff for stacks would still be applied of course.

Grenade turret: Instead of the increased range - X stacks will give X chance for dots to re-apply after either being cleansed or has run it's course (this should apply to all dots even those not in the grenade tree).

Flame turret: Instead of increased range - X stacks decreases cast time by X for all abilities.
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:42 pm

Can't see anyone removing the range buff for a chance to have a semi-potent dot reapplied.

Also tinkerer/demonology is mostly insta casts so i don't see how that change would benefit.

Penril

Post#4 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:45 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Can't see anyone removing the range buff for a chance to have a semi-potent dot reapplied.

Also tinkerer/demonology is mostly insta casts so i don't see how that change would benefit.
The turret buffs affect all skills, not only the ones from their specific trees. So I guess a Rifleman Engi could use Flame turret to spam super-fast Gun Blast. OP though... that's like a perma CQ / FM.

roadkillrobin

Post#5 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:49 pm

I belive he mentioned that Flamer/Bomb turret reducing DoT duration and reducing DoT tick intervalls.

ToXoS

Post#6 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:55 pm

roadkillrobin wrote:I belive he mentioned that Flamer/Bomb turret reducing DoT duration and reducing DoT tick intervalls.
Indeed, that's what Aza said.

peterthepan3

Post#7 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:00 pm

That could be cool.

porkstar

Post#8 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:22 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Can't see anyone removing the range buff for a chance to have a semi-potent dot reapplied.

I appreciate what you say.

Signal Flare with or without 15% damage tactic is worth reapplying. Also, we're talking about a large DoT load much of which needs reapplied frequently so framing it as "one semi-potent dot" isn't exactly accurate. I will agree with you that this buff is "weak" but I wanted to take a stab at the DoT cleanse problem.

I like this suggestion for grenade turret...
roadkillrobin wrote:I belive he mentioned that Flamer/Bomb turret reducing DoT duration and reducing DoT tick intervalls.
or perhaps a combo of re-application and decreased tick intervals.

Electromagnet 1s, Bugman's 2s, Lightning rod 1s, firebomb 1s, flashbang 1s, fling explosives 4s. etc. Maybe I'm missing something such as a insta cast tactic?
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave

Ads
porkstar

Post#9 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:24 pm

Penril wrote:

The turret buffs affect all skills, not only the ones from their specific trees. So I guess a Rifleman Engi could use Flame turret to spam super-fast Gun Blast. OP though... that's like a perma CQ / FM.
But they wouldn't have the assist DPS or debuff from the turret at range due to short range of the flame turret.
Porkstar Hamcat Coolwave

Azarael

Post#10 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:40 pm

We were discussing this internally and dropped the idea.

The ideas we floated:

- Reapplication: Rejected because it promotes that god damn group cleanse (abbreviated to GDGC from this point on). If there's a % chance to reapply, the incentive is there to run double WP/double DoK with GDGC on both.
- Reducing the duration and interval of the DoTs: Rejected for same reasons as previous.
- Dumping x% of the remaining damage on the target of a cleansed DoT instantly: Rejected because it was felt to be targeting GDGC too much and to be risky with CW.
- Dumping a flat amount of damage per DoT cleansed on the cleanser: Rejected for same reasons as previous.
- Armor penetration/increased white damage: Doesn't fit either Grenadier or Tinkerer concept.

As you can see, that god damn group cleanse needs to be dealt with in some manner before we can do much here. Frankly, I think both AoE effect application and AoE cleansing of any type should require some kind of skill, risk or setup.