Recent Topics

Ads

Alternate Engie/Magus Pet Bonuses

Let's talk about... everything else
ToXoS

Re: Alternate Engie/Magus Pet Bonuses

Post#21 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:23 pm

Daemonology is only used for Chaotic Rift, which is really a group based spec.
So maybe giving a group buff as long as the blue horror is alive can be a possibility.
As said above, probably a toughness buff or something on those lines.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#22 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:27 pm

The backpack was a good idea but what would happen when sovereign gear will be introduce engineer will have 2 backpack ? Having a pet that hold a keg and throw grenade is better I think .

But the idea would be to link the turret to their own tree . Gunturret would give 40% range to the rifleman abilities . Grenadier turret would give a buff to grenadier abilities and tinkerer to tinkerer abilities only .

I think for tinkerer having a timecast reduce for tinkerer abilities would be great while standing near flame turret .

For grenadier standing close to bombturret would increase the area of grenadier abilities effect.

Dunno if it would be hard to make it ?

Actually having a range buff for a tinkerer is useless except for the landmine .

Maybe we should think about it
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Glorian

Post#23 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:14 pm

I'm against this: Gunturret only Rifle Bonus, Grenade Turret only Grenadier bonus.

As an engineer I use the Turrets which are best in the situation. Tunnel fights with flame turrets. Field Battles with Gunturret. And Grenade for Medium ranged SCs.

And If the three turrets give three different buffs I Can choose what to take when.
But of course the buffs could be OP with One specific tree.

So I would stick to the powerlvl of an tactic. Not necisarrily from Engie Career.

Dot Reapply Tactic from Magus for Grenade Turret for example. But with more power than only One skill reapply.

@Battlebrew Backpack: If it comes though to this. Take one of the backpacks from TM warcamp. The Brewpack is fuggly. ;)

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#24 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:15 pm

Glorian wrote:I'm against this: Gunturret only Rifle Bonus, Grenade Turret only Grenadier bonus.

As an engineer I use the Turrets which are best in the situation. Tunnel fights with flame turrets. Field Battles with Gunturret. And Grenade for Medium ranged SCs.

And If the three turrets give three different buffs I Can choose what to take when.
But of course the buffs could be OP with One specific tree.

So I would stick to the powerlvl of an tactic. Not necisarrily from Engie Career.

Dot Reapply Tactic from Magus for Grenade Turret for example. But with more power than only One skill reapply.

@Battlebrew Backpack: If it comes though to this. Take one of the backpacks from TM warcamp. The Brewpack is fuggly. ;)
What are backpack from tm war camps ? Can you screenshot it ?

You're right , that would make some problem to link the turret to a tree . Dev already said they don't want a reapply dot buff . We have to find something else for grenade turret . What would need a grenadier ? Large effect zone ? Ap regen faster? Cooldown reduce ?

I guess for tinkerer a crit reduce buff , toughness buff or armor buff would suit perfectly , or maybe a -50% time cast ?

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#25 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:26 pm

Gobtar wrote:
Genisaurus wrote: Grenadier: mobile, AoE, medium range DPS. The bombardier turret is replaced with an automated Battlebrew Backpack, which throws grenades at enemies as the turret does. It is in effect an invisible, untargetable NPC that moves with the engineer. No passive buffs, though maybe it makes Firebomb cast-on-the-move.
Replace Bombadier with Dwarf Sapper with battle brew backback, or mini-gyrocopter (Drone)? Stacks are damage based, but this pet should be buffed to do greatest amount of damage among other turrets, it's auto attacks are Corp based. Stacks increase damage of player, and increases the AA speed of the pet, playing into the sustainted damage nature of the middle tree
-Self-Destruct/Instability is not available to this pet.(?)
Note this style of play will always be tricky due to needing to stop to cast, and as such will never surpass the mobility of a SW/SH. Adds the complexity of now controlling a mobile pet, yet has the reward for such risks by having increased damage potential, while the pet itself becomes a larger factor into the DPS contribution.

The Bombard will be used for offensive minded PBAoE Tinkerers as well, while the Flame Turret should be a tanking/distraction/Defensive pet.

Reasoning: Gun Turret is your sniper's spotter, armour debuff acts as tracing rounds to line up shots, need to be static, Grenadier is a mobile spec not a dot spec (the heavy dots come from Riflemen), while the gun turret debuffs for the engi, the engi needs to debuff for the bombard. the turret's current static position and later "buff" made this spec counter intuitive.

For Magus, just buff the Flamer becomes mobile, buff his damage and mirror.

By dwarfs sapper you mean something like this? https://gaarawarrgabs.wordpress.com/200 ... /me-caddy/

Glorian

Post#26 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:00 pm

Backpack 1:

Backpack 2:

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#27 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:01 pm

Ah yes i saw it . Thought it was tyrant backpack but it's not

https://gaarawarrgabs.wordpress.com/200 ... item-pics/

Gobtar

Post#28 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:45 pm

Grunbag wrote:
By dwarfs sapper you mean something like this? https://gaarawarrgabs.wordpress.com/200 ... /me-caddy/
could be that scale, but I was thinking of the Sappers that spawned the cannons during a city siege on live

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#29 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:15 pm

Gobtar wrote:
Grunbag wrote:
could be that scale, but I was thinking of the Sappers that spawned the cannons during a city siege on live
i don't remember those one? do you have any picture?

Karast

Post#30 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:31 pm

I was thinking about this a bit yesterday. What about a cool down reduction on grenade. At full stacks it reduces the cool down on all abilities by 5s. In its own way it is as powerful as the range increase, but still limited due to the fact that even with reduced cool downs we have very few 5s abilities, and even with things like focused fire, the AP costs would be a huge issue.

But it would work well and provide benefits to all trees, and give good competition for the rifle turrets buff.

For the flame turret I think a health share could be interesting with each stack x portion of damage is transfered to the turret / daemon, similar to the tactic on SH.