anarchypark

To Order Tanks

Post#1 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:34 am

i have to say this despite of my english skill
as a tank your most important job is soaking damage
it's tradition for tanks
players ignore you to negate your tank role
so you have to use GUARD to do the job : soaking damage

pushing through enemies to touch their backline may looks important but it is NOT priority
your priority is still GUARD, guard mdps who is pushing

but
it's often that 2 order melees in backline VS 4 destro melees in backline
by pushing, you endanger your healers who trying to get you in heal range
you may kill 1 or 2 while entire team is dead by them
if melees are outnumbered it might be better to stay with casters for guard

look around and read the battlefield
there are situations when to guard front mdps and when to guard backline casters
either way you have to use guard
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Ads
Tholkienn

Re: To Order Tanks

Post#2 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:12 am

Agree x 100 !!!!
It's like a heal who almost do dispel and no heal.
Last edited by Tholkienn on Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kali14
Banned

Post#3 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:56 am

Guard is for weak, true warriors don't need them.

Haho2

Post#4 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:00 am

This system is Right, but is usefull for premade where isnt DPS AM, 2h WP, but have heal and guarded DPS focusing another DPS or heal, no Destro imortal tanks...
Jetigorakar BO
Tibldorf IB

Kali14
Banned

Post#5 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:21 am

Same like true warriors don't need healers.

bwdaWAR

Post#6 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:46 am

Order has tanks?

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#7 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:59 am

Haho2 wrote:This system is Right, but is usefull for premade where isnt DPS AM, 2h WP, but have heal and guarded DPS focusing another DPS or heal, no Destro imortal tanks...
2h Warpriest can outheal a healer if he gets guarded. The melee burstheal is immense...

BrockRiefenstahl

Post#8 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:18 am

Hehe, some days ago I leveled another Tank at order side... Tried exactly what you have written :-P
Problem that I realized was: orders are so unused to have "real Tanks" that they let their only tank at frontline alone and just run away. Doesnt matter if there are 2 WL 2 Melee WP +1 Slayer... They just run... So I realized, that in PUGs playing Order Tank is no option for me... Tired of telling people what they should do and getting flamed for it. All games that order lose are almost everytime due to they are afraid to clash with the destru zerg. They are so unefficient and rather run away and let 2-3 ppl die + hide at their Spawnpointguards than face the enemie. This kind of behavior I barely see at destru. I go so far to say, that Destru got more kind of "**** it I am Beastmodemelee god" and they push in without the slightest fear of ending at graveyard. Thats why their pugs often stomp order so hard. On the other side, order seems to understand better, what an "Objective" is. So sometimes Order wins even if they get zerged hard because Destru dont give a daym about their Flags/etc. :) Jm2C

Ads
Haho2

Post#9 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:41 am

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:
Haho2 wrote:This system is Right, but is usefull for premade where isnt DPS AM, 2h WP, but have heal and guarded DPS focusing another DPS or heal, no Destro imortal tanks...
2h Warpriest can outheal a healer if he gets guarded. The melee burstheal is immense...
for me its practice say. 2h WP must play good player, and you must have mele train. for my its only for 6ppl in premade. in this option is 2h WP who is skilled very good choice.
Jetigorakar BO
Tibldorf IB

albionrare

Post#10 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:43 am

BrockRiefenstahl wrote:Hehe, some days ago I leveled another Tank at order side... Tried exactly what you have written :-P
Problem that I realized was: orders are so unused to have "real Tanks" that they let their only tank at frontline alone and just run away. Doesnt matter if there are 2 WL 2 Melee WP +1 Slayer... They just run... So I realized, that in PUGs playing Order Tank is no option for me... Tired of telling people what they should do and getting flamed for it. All games that order lose are almost everytime due to they are afraid to clash with the destru zerg. They are so unefficient and rather run away and let 2-3 ppl die + hide at their Spawnpointguards than face the enemie. This kind of behavior I barely see at destru. I go so far to say, that Destru got more kind of "**** it I am Beastmodemelee god" and they push in without the slightest fear of ending at graveyard. Thats why their pugs often stomp order so hard. On the other side, order seems to understand better, what an "Objective" is. So sometimes Order wins even if they get zerged hard because Destru dont give a daym about their Flags/etc. :) Jm2C
Quote for truth.