Recent Topics

Ads

SH or SW?

Let's talk about... everything else
ToXoS

SH or SW?

Post#1 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:10 pm

Hi!
So, I have a SH level 40, but really undergeared (not even devastator) and only RR23...
I'm too lazy to get it to RR40.
This SH was my first character, but it was when I didn't know much about the game, so at this time, I had the great idea to XP with quests...(pro tip: this is not an idea that great).
And of course now I think that maybe I'm gonna reroll a new SH.
But here's the thing: a few days ago I tried SW, I'm playing it in T1, and it's great too.

To make my decision, I need to know what's the BIG differences between the two classes.
So, if some of you can help me on that subject, that would be nice!

Ads
Mazadun

Re: SH or SW?

Post#2 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:20 pm

Hello!
Well I can name obvious thing like SH have a pet and SW dont have. But since I never played SH I can't really say the difference about whole class as it self.
But I have video on my channel, here I explain all the skill, trees, tactics and morales. Probably this might be handy for you.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Choppa - Mazadun , Sorc - Mazadark, Shadow Warrior - ArrowBlink
Warhammer online: Return of Reckoning videos - Youtube playlist

Stinkyweed

Post#3 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:48 pm

My opinions, for whatever that are worth.

If you prefer to solo, the SH will be a bit better than the SW because:
1) more escape abilities
2) you can use terrain and your pet to get advantage over your enemy.
Downside is your escape abilities warrant order-only RKDs and Pounce

If you intend to play in groups and more organized, the SW has advantage over the SH due to;
1) Ranged KD
2) More burst damage
3) Tougher due to armor stance, independent of kill able pet.
Downside is you need to adjust to stance dancing to maximize the class' potential

This is not saying, "the SH sucks, don't play it!" The most basic recommendation I can make to you is play what you enjoy, and try to make some new friends while doing it.

...and yes, SW >> SH

...couldn't resist...
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

ToXoS

Post#4 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:14 pm

Well, I'm gonna try SW to others tiers then.
Thanks for your advices!
Oh and Mazadun, I already said it in the comments of your videos, but thanks for the guides for T4 epic weapons quests, it helped me a lot!

Mazadun

Post#5 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:58 pm

Glad to help, have a nice time playing RoR ;)
ToXoS wrote:Well, I'm gonna try SW to others tiers then.
Thanks for your advices!
Oh and Mazadun, I already said it in the comments of your videos, but thanks for the guides for T4 epic weapons quests, it helped me a lot!
Choppa - Mazadun , Sorc - Mazadark, Shadow Warrior - ArrowBlink
Warhammer online: Return of Reckoning videos - Youtube playlist

peterthepan3

Post#6 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:40 pm

SH is the more challenging of the two imo, but can be more of a threat against healers/casters if played well and if you utilise the pet (constant interruption/set back). The SH does more sustained damage too (burst isn't the be-all end-all - especially in competitive fights)

Ask Teefz for advice on SH.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#7 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:21 am

Also due to pet SH has greater range than a SW (or almost any other order ranged). Coupled with pet ranged attacks you could sit back out of range of damage for most of a fight.

Great advantage to not having stances is that all of your major damage abilities are easily accessible. Unlike the SW that has to keep switching to get the right combo of attacks.

Survivability is also better on the SH. All the SW had for escape was the Whirl pin and that got nerfed. Example; On live you could escape if pulled by a mara or punted by a tank into enemy. Now you can not.
So basically any CC and all Mara pulls are insta death for the SW.
The SH on the other had not only has the whirly pin, but a number of escape tactics they can slot.

Also pets got recently buffed for the SH and KABBOOM can now put them on keep walls like the WL pounce.

Basically, the SH is now even more OP and the SW is basically freenown for destro because it can not escape. OHHH and the SW skill trees got abilities moved around as well because destro cried in lower tiers.

End result; Even at rr23 your SH is more OP than an rr50 SW.

EDIT: Of course all the destro players will deny everything I said, come up with some lame excuses why the SW is OP and yadda yadda .... But nothing I said above is false and they will ignore all of it and pretend that the SH is underpowered.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Sizer

Post#8 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:53 am

Since theyre on different realms just play whichever one is on the side you want to be on that day. There is no lockout timer between realms and almost certainly never will be.

But if you HAVE to pick only one, and have no preference between sides, the sh is the better class, both in groups and solo. It has a small drawback being the pet can bug out occasionally, but that seems to happen less on this server than on live, so I wouldnt worry about it.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:48 am

drmordread wrote:Also due to pet SH has greater range than a SW (or almost any other order ranged). Coupled with pet ranged attacks you could sit back out of range of damage for most of a fight.

Great advantage to not having stances is that all of your major damage abilities are easily accessible. Unlike the SW that has to keep switching to get the right combo of attacks.

Survivability is also better on the SH. All the SW had for escape was the Whirl pin and that got nerfed. Example; On live you could escape if pulled by a mara or punted by a tank into enemy. Now you can not.
So basically any CC and all Mara pulls are insta death for the SW.
The SH on the other had not only has the whirly pin, but a number of escape tactics they can slot.

Also pets got recently buffed for the SH and KABBOOM can now put them on keep walls like the WL pounce.

Basically, the SH is now even more OP and the SW is basically freenown for destro because it can not escape. OHHH and the SW skill trees got abilities moved around as well because destro cried in lower tiers.

End result; Even at rr23 your SH is more OP than an rr50 SW.

EDIT: Of course all the destro players will deny everything I said, come up with some lame excuses why the SW is OP and yadda yadda .... But nothing I said above is false and they will ignore all of it and pretend that the SH is underpowered.

georgehabadasher

Post#10 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:07 am

There's one more big difference between SW and SH that hasn't been mentioned yet: cleansing. DOKs can cleanse SW abilities, while WPs can't cleanse SH ones. That means that you'll have a much easier time in T4 setting up rotations as a SH than as a SW. Especially when facing double DOK premades which are group cleansing twice every 5 seconds. It's not as sexy as run away or ranged KD, but it's a major difference.