Recent Topics

Ads

Medallions on area lock?

Let's talk about... everything else
drmordread
Suspended

Re: Medallions on area lock?

Post#11 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:41 pm

Gerv wrote:IF ya had the medallions for locks then we would see everyone flying in and getting the locks for doing nothing. This way is better. Some days are bad, some days are good. Or join a kick ass guild and always have good days :)

Considering that it takes more people to lock a zone then what would "fly in" this statement of yours is wrong.

Also...where would people be flying in from? Other zones? So you mean to tell me the WB that was holding off opponent from locking a zone should not be allowed to come in and get a zone lock? WOW.... mighty selfish of you!

ALL... I repeat ... ALLLLLLL OF THE REASONS...for taking medallions away from zone locks, are because people still do not know how the game is played!
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
Chadben1

Post#12 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:21 pm

This is the reason I don't even play in T4 anymore, its pointless...As a tank you get shafted on loot rolls from keeps if there any rolls to be had...and as a healer i have no incentive to play without seeing the purple numbers rolling in from healing...so there you have it...2 Classes i main are stuck in Green gear with no hope of getting higher renown or loot.

Nekkma

Post#13 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:23 pm

wargrimnir wrote:Oh I wouldn't expect welfare gear just because higher tier stuff comes into play. The point is working for your gear. You think Conqueror is going to be any easier?

There is nothing but "welfare gear" in this game as absolutely nothing takes skill to get. The only thing that is required is rng luck or time. And to answer your question, I very much expect annihilator to be quite easy to get, as it was on live I might add. Annihilator boots and gloves for instance droped all the time on live but are very rare here.

If I where to design a gear system I would create quest chains and completely remove the rng factor. Complete the quest and you get the entire set. Quests for annihilator could for instance require X keep takes, X BOs, X zone locks and X player killed.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Sizer

Post#14 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:26 pm

wargrimnir wrote:
Nekkma wrote:I guess it is temporary when annihilator gear is "endgame". I seriously doubt it will take this long to get annihilator when better gear i avaliable. Seeing as annihilator is the entry set in t4 it should be very fast to get once better gear is out to avoid a big power gap.
Oh I wouldn't expect welfare gear just because higher tier stuff comes into play. The point is working for your gear. You think Conqueror is going to be any easier?
Yes because on a privately run server in alpha stage it is much more important to give the small % of narcissists who enjoy grinding their enjoyment than it is to retain players.

Great message to send there.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

bloodi
Suspended

Post#15 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:28 pm

Remember guys grinding is fun and you are only here to have fun, if you want them to actually put systems in place that are not rng based grinds then you want welfare purples and hate fun.

Or something like that.

peterthepan3

Post#16 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:26 pm

drmordread wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Yeah it sucks that you actually have to work for your gear now, right?

Why? Taking BO's, holding them, sieging keeps, taking them ... that is not working for them? Well that is news to me! I would be interested in knowing what you consider "Working for it"!
Doing all that when there is no opposition/very little opposition (as is usually the case here) does not warrant a piece of gear by its own merit. Risk vs reward encounters justify gear drops.

If, however, you face equal opposition and still take a zone - well done. You will have been rewarded with ample amount of medallions and - most likely - some anni drops. sounds fair

drmordread
Suspended

Post#17 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:33 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:
drmordread wrote:
peterthepan3 wrote:Yeah it sucks that you actually have to work for your gear now, right?

Why? Taking BO's, holding them, sieging keeps, taking them ... that is not working for them? Well that is news to me! I would be interested in knowing what you consider "Working for it"!
Doing all that when there is no opposition/very little opposition (as is usually the case here) does not warrant a piece of gear by its own merit. Risk vs reward encounters justify gear drops.

If, however, you face equal opposition and still take a zone - well done. You will have been rewarded with ample amount of medallions and - most likely - some anni drops. sounds fair
So basically those who play in NA between 7pm EST and 5:00AM EST can go without gear because .... ???? Or do they not count??? Or are you just sitting on your horse of might because you can devote 12 hours a day to playing WAR?

How about we bring back medallion drops and allow ALLLLL the players to gear up, and not just those who do not work or go to school or have no one to take care of and play 12 hour shifts?

EDIT:
A lot of you say Mythic ruined the game because getting gear was too easy. Well it seems Mythic had a working brain after all.
You see they thought about the "entire" population of gamers. from casual 2 hr a night every weekend to the 6 to 12 hr diehard every day player, and found a middle ground. Gear and Medallion drops were geared in the middle, making it easier for the 2 hr per night player allowing them to get a full set in a month.

On the other hand, the 12 hour shift folks had their gear in a week.

But that is the world mmo's. You can not set up gear/medallion drops to make the 12 hour per day player grind. That makes it nearly impossible for the 2 hr per night player, and completely out of mind for the weekend only player.

You see it now with purple gear. Those that play all day every day in EU prime have more purple and full gear, than those that play NA/Asia and those that only play a few hrs a week.

AND NO... This is not FINE!!!!!
Last edited by drmordread on Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

ToXoS

Post#18 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:40 pm

Nekkma wrote:
wargrimnir wrote:Oh I wouldn't expect welfare gear just because higher tier stuff comes into play. The point is working for your gear. You think Conqueror is going to be any easier?

There is nothing but "welfare gear" in this game as absolutely nothing takes skill to get. The only thing that is required is rng luck or time. And to answer your question, I very much expect annihilator to be quite easy to get, as it was on live I might add. Annihilator boots and gloves for instance droped all the time on live but are very rare here.

If I where to design a gear system I would create quest chains and completely remove the rng factor. Complete the quest and you get the entire set. Quests for annihilator could for instance require X keep takes, X BOs, X zone locks and X player killed.
Best idea I saw here.

Ads
Nekkma

Post#19 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:43 pm

If you apply the newley introduced "objective scenario" rules it make perfect sense to give medallions for zone locks (as the campaign basically is one huge "objective scenario". Tasks such as scouting and guarding BOs may give very little reward as you are not at the keep when it flips and there are no guarantees that you will get lots of rewards from fighting to compensate.

I never did fully buy the "risk vs reward" argument when it comes to the campaign. It is just common sense to attack the enemy where he is the weakest if you want to win the war, i.e. sneak locking an empty zone. That is just good strategy.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

peterthepan3

Post#20 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:44 pm

drmordread wrote:
So basically those who play in NA between 7pm EST and 5:00AM EST can go without gear because .... ???? Or do they not count??? Or are you just sitting on your horse of might because you can devote 12 hours a day to playing WAR?

How about we bring back medallion drops and allow ALLLLL the players to gear up, and not just those who do not work or go to school or have no one to take care of and play 12 hour shifts?
Population ought to have no bearing on ensuring the game employs a working gear system that rewards effort and time, as opposed to giving people things on a silver plate for nothing. the lack of NA players is a separate issue (not enough interest/server too laggy etc)

don't appreciate the implication that I would have to play this game 12 hours a day to get annihilator. it really isn't that hard to get.