Recent Topics

Ads

Grind to 40 and PvP later...

Let's talk about... everything else
terrio99

Grind to 40 and PvP later...

Post#1 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:19 am

So I am currently lvl 30 and RR 30. Up till now I feel like been getting renown much faster then I lvl. But now I feel like getting less renown. I was wondering if it would be better to grind to 40 and get RR after? Slowly level and RR up at same time? Can you debolster to t3?

Ads
Arobain

Re: Grind to 40 and PvP later...

Post#2 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:22 am

its not good to have you your RR much lower than your lvl

Morbidmind

Post#3 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:45 am

Once you hit RR 40 it will slow down significantly, I don't really think you'll be hugely punished if you leveled to 40 with RR 30 and did T4 for renown.

tazdingo

Post#4 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:29 am

low renown don't rly matter atm, not like live where your t4 opps are gonna be in sov+

Aethilmar

Post#5 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:01 am

Once you hit T4, you (and everyone else who cares about being competitive) should grind to 40. By not doing so you are giving up several abilities and a tactic slot against already estblished 40s who probably already have a gear advantage.

Sizer

Post#6 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:07 am

Depends if you have devastator or not. Some of my 40 toons are still in 4 piece dev and do alright in t4. Then again they are 40 so have all their abilities and tactics, and even then I can feel the disadvantage against someone with full gear.

In your case, if you do have dev, you are actually at an advantage over my toons, due to bolster, so I wouldnt worry, and just pvp for now. If not, well, its up to you, you will be at a disadvantage, but then again the sooner you pvp the sooner you will start earning crests, so if you have the patience for dying more often than usual your time is better spent 100% in pvp.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

abr4

Post#7 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:31 am

I just hit t4 tonight with my sorc. My RR is 34 as I did plenty of rvr up to t3 and it's been a blast.

Being in t4 however has been such a horrible experience I was quite tempted to just stay in t3 forever. None of my abilities deal damage anymore. Whereas before I was quite capable of dropping an enemy quickly due to the high damage sorc is supposed to have I had no problem laying pressure on the enemy side easily. In t4 this didn't happen anymore.

I just bought a bunch of talismans and increased my int by about 10% to help me get through all the block and disrupt.

But I'm wondering what to do next. Neither ruin gear nor annihilator is all that better than my devastator gear (most pieces have less int and I don't die even in devastator gear). Is it really all about those 8 levels that I'm missing to compete in t4?

ToXoS

Post#8 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:42 am

In destro side, I'm at R40 and RR38, but I play magus, so my level actually means nothing because I can't do **** anyway...

In order side, I'm at R40 and RR33 with my SM, but I'm too lazy to do PvP because I don't have centuries to spend to get annihilator gear and RR40, even if I need it...

I love this game but it's boring as hell in T4.

T1 and T2 are way funnier.

Ads
Jaycub

Post#9 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:25 pm

It's much more efficient to level to t4 then worry about PvP/Renown.

Specifically if you can get a powerlevel to 32 (around 4-6 hours?)

There is no reason to powerlevel past 32 honestly, just spam scs, farm ruin gear, and do RvR (only when there is large scale fighting going on).

It might not be as much fun since you will be getting owned, but if you know what you are doing you can reach 40/40 in probably a third the time it takes someone who progresses regularly.

t. someone who rerolls and deletes characters constantly
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Eathisword

Post#10 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:57 pm

For a lot of classes you can be level 40 RR1 and still do ok. Just get ruin gear at 32, blue weapons at 36-38 and you are set. Plus, renown will come much faster in T4 than the lower tier as you can get 10k+ in 1 scenario win. And you get emblems, so when you reach RR39, you''ll probably have enough to buy full mercenary straight up and/or your scen weapons.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.