Recent Topics

Ads

Shadow Warrior in t4

Let's talk about... everything else
Vokhine

Shadow Warrior in t4

Post#1 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:10 pm

Hey Guys,

I've been really enjoying Shadow Warrior lately and consider it my main on this server. I used to play shaman wayyyy back in the day and wanted to try something different. I started researching builds and recently found some people saying that SW wasn't strong in t4. Is this misinformation or do they really fall off in t4. If thats so I'd feel less excited about leveling this guy and switch to Iron breaker. Could anyone who's had more experience with them provide me some insight?

Thanks! :P

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Re: Shadow Warrior in t4

Post#2 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:01 pm

Half True. while in tier 3 the Shadow warrior has a insane dmg output with the fresh +120 ba/ws tactic, in tier 4 the high armor values will really punish you for your tier 3 domination. armor stacking is a thing on nearly every class, and the strong mara tier 4 with pull and root really push you into a bit more defensive playstyle (i like to roll with defensive Morale abilities like focused mind). against the armor stacking you should try and stack weaponskill, to pierce enemies. but overall you fall a bit behind your very agressive tier 3. Since you already have all the good utility abilities in the lower tiers (RKD,Rslow,selfpunt), while some enemy classes get them in tier 4. Melee Trains with Resolute Defense are extremely dangerous for you, so better never let them catch you. (you got a self punt, but cheese tactics with resolute defense are a nightmare)
Overall you are somewhere between Engi and BW. (at least you can kill squigs easier in tier 4, because sw can also get good armor values with assault stance and merc set.)

Llanair

Post#3 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 5:11 pm

Haven't done much T4 on my SW yet, but I can tell you that Assault spec is probably a decent counter to the above, based on my retail experience.

Back on retail I recall once taking on a RR70+ Mara as a RR38 SW due to assault spec, the higher durability and armor pen/parry is something most people don't expect a SW to pop on them.

As said though, not had a whole lota experience in T4 on RoR though, so things might be different.

Sizer

Post#4 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:49 pm

Sws are fine in t4. Yes, they are not "optimal", and you will have a hard time vs the "good" groups (double armor stacking doks, double permaguarded maras). But who cares. If you are not running in a serious 6 man every night you are going to lose to cheese groups anyway. The rest of the time, when you fight pugs and less organized groups, sws can be as great. Some of the best fights ive had were in a 3 man with a healer sw and bw, and sure, its not a double slayer train, but you dont need to be optimal to enjoy the game.

Just remember to play well. In scs, remember you are not a bw, and won't kill most targets yourself (without m2), so make assist macros for the highest dps in there and heal debuff their targets. In rvr, run close quarters and spam lileaths arrow with pierce defenses and leading shots in to help the bws. Or at keep defenses, if you cant use LA, stand on the wall and m2 bomb sorcs to take pressure off everyone else. Plenty you can do without being the highest dps in game. Plus sws are a pretty solid solo class, if you get tired of groups and want to roam by yourself.

So id stick with it, and if you ever find the need to be an ib, you can always reroll, it doesnt take that long to level here, and having a tank and dps on your account is usually a good idea anyway.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

Mazadun

Post#5 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:10 pm

I have a video discussion about SW, mostly I review class trees and skills. I hope you will find this useful.

Click here to watch on YouTube
Choppa - Mazadun , Sorc - Mazadark, Shadow Warrior - ArrowBlink
Warhammer online: Return of Reckoning videos - Youtube playlist

Stmichael1989

Post#6 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:03 pm

saupreusse wrote:Half True. while in tier 3 the Shadow warrior has a insane dmg output with the fresh +120 ba/ws tactic,
You actually don't get instinctive aim until 33. I'd also argue that real armor stacking hasn't gotten that pervasive yet. That's why WL/Slayer is doing so much better than WH right now, they can still hit soft targets for quite a lot of damage. Once we get into Invader and up, I think that problem will become a lot more pronounced. On the other hand, SW still has the all important reliable heal debuff, so I think their position is still relatively safe.
StMichael - 40 Warrior Priest
Elhim - 40 Shadow Warrior
Cullexus - 40 Witch Hunter
Teuton Codpiece - 40 Knight
Gritkicker - 40 Slayer

Aven

Post#7 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:19 pm

"No need to get in back to stab your enemies. You can use it in the face. Stab face, for example."

You killed me at that one.
Avenflar, Zealot, Athel Loren, RR Icompletelyforgotbynow

Mazadun

Post#8 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:35 pm

Aven wrote:"No need to get in back to stab your enemies. You can use it in the face. Stab face, for example."

You killed me at that one.
At that time in my mind it sounded right. :lol:

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:38 pm

Mazadun is a boss tbfh!

Mazadun

Post#10 » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:10 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:Mazadun is a boss tbfh!
Oh stop it, you make me shy :lol: