Recent Topics

Ads

Addon and Nerf Button setup pt 1

Let's talk about... everything else
Kahvo

Addon and Nerf Button setup pt 1

Post#1 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 4:25 pm

I have been asked by a number of people to do a video showing my addons and how to set up nerf buttons so heres part 1...enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5Yps5SvRd4

Ads
Morbidmind

Re: Addon and Nerf Button setup pt 1

Post#2 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:35 pm

How are Nerf buttons not considered a hack? They allow you to bypass the global cooldown on skills to combo cast, thats a hack.

magter3001

Post#3 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:43 pm

Morbidmind wrote:How are Nerf buttons not considered a hack? They allow you to bypass the global cooldown on skills to combo cast, thats a hack.
No they don't... please stop spreading misinformation.
Agrot 35/40 Aggychopp 32/40
Grelin of Magnus/Badlands ;)

Azarael

Post#4 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:45 pm

Morbidmind wrote:How are Nerf buttons not considered a hack? They allow you to bypass the global cooldown on skills to combo cast, thats a hack.
Untrue. I detest this addon greatly but it doesn't allow GCD bypassing.

Morbidmind

Post#5 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:59 pm

Then how am I getting hit by three spells at once by a BW when I check the combat logs who are clearly using nerf buttons?

Morbidmind

Post#6 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:00 pm

I mean I took 4700 dmg at once from a Sear, funnel, and rain hitting at the same instant. That should be impossible as far as I'm aware from GCD shouldn't it?

dwar

Post#7 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:08 pm

Azarael wrote:
Untrue. I detest this addon greatly but it doesn't allow GCD bypassing.
Doesen't it give great advantages for positioned or status relying skills, though?
Ae
If Pistol Whip not possible -> prompt skill x immediately
or
If Confess is not possible -> prompt skill x immediately
or
If health is beneath 50% -> prompt healpot x

and those descissions will be made far quicker than I could pick up with my eyes and react to them being possible or not at that instant...

all by pressing one single button...
Imo this is in a grey area
Last edited by dwar on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

magter3001

Post#8 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:08 pm

Funnel has a delay on the hit, Sear has no travel time, and rain of fire prolly fires after the first second (not sure about the last one) But you can easily be hit by 3 spells as once based on spell travel time.

Ads
Morbidmind

Post#9 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:10 pm

Well seems like some nonsense when the BW is bunny hopping around pulling all this **** off with minimal effort thanks to hitting one button.

magter3001

Post#10 » Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:12 pm

dwar wrote:
Doesen't it give great advantages for positioned or status relying skills, though?
Ae
If Pistol Whip not possible -> prompt skill x immediately
or
If Confess is not possible -> prompt skill x immediately

and those descissions will be made far quicker than I could pick up with my eyes and react to them being possible or not at that instant...

all by pressing one single button...
Imo this is in a grey area
A lot of time people want control of their CC. Why would you use your knockdown every time it's off cooldown? Saving it up for when a teammate is being focused to lower the dps output is way better.

The advantage I see from Nerf Buttons is certain positionals and enchantment removers and the occasional shatter limbs bypass (mostly for dps).

The main purpose it gives for most people is it reduces the amount of buttons you need to press.
Last edited by magter3001 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.