Recent Topics

Ads

Solo class what to pick?

Let's talk about... everything else
Sizer

Re: Solo class what to pick?

Post#11 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:18 pm

Wl and am are the easiest on order (actually probably the easiest two out of all 24 classes), followed by sw and maybe wh. Bws are also passable, but you will never beat squigs and we's, and probably not shaman either.

For destro probably squigs and shaman, followed by we, and maybe dps doks and maras, though the latter two will get rolled by ams/sws, which is all you fight, so I wouldnt bother unless you want to die a lot.

Anything else (except rp/zealot) is doable, but a struggle, especially vs the above classes.

Of course the bigger struggle is going to be actually finding people solo, since 90% of the time you run into the lakes a group will run over you. But good luck if thats what you want to do.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

Ads
Sizer

Post#12 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:22 pm

Jebbernaut wrote:Similar question here:

There's a group of 6-7 of us that are going to be jumping on the server and so far we have:

2 Bright Wizards
1 KoTBS
1 Dorf (of the not healing variety)
A blank spot
and me.

The issue is obvious for our little group. Healing. I was wondering which healer would flow well in this type of group. I played an AM on live and didn't mind the mechanic for healing, but I know it'll be too slow to keep up with incoming damage. Any suggestions?
Almost certainly a warrior priest, but im not gunna lie, you want 2 healers in a group of 6. You can make do with 1, but its not recommended, as the other group will just run straight for you every fight and that will be it. So roll a wp and convince your other person to either roll a second wp or a runie - wps are easier to survive on if they havent healed before, but rps give more group utility, so its up to you. But definitely plan on 2 healers, or its going to be tough.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

DerManimal

Post#13 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:07 am

Catweazle wrote:Hi guys,

While the server is down I'm considering my options on what class i would really like to play I'm suffering a bit from paralysis by analysis so i thought I'd ask y'all for your input.

I'll primarily be playing solo although (I wont rule out guild play at some point) so that will mean lots of solo rvr and sc's for me.

I guess I'll need a class that is mobile so I can strike hard and fast, something relatively durable that can survive 1vX situations (either by winning or escaping) melee or rdps not too fussy, ohh and on the order side. Ideally I'd like a class that will test my skill I.E i want to be class that requires skill to get the most out of it and something engaging to play. would be a bonus if its not a class that is overplayed to death.

So what do you think viable classes would be for me and what tools do you think that class has that match my requirements? I'm looking at WL and WH atm.
If you aren't hell bent on playing order I'd recommend a marauder. It was my main at live and it seemed to fit solo roam very well. Early on if you spec into savagery your heal siphon/heal debuff will keep you uo while being able to take down most healers if you run into a small group. When I got higher in RR I ended up spec'ing brutality while going up monstro enough to grab seismic slam.

If your heart is set on order I don't see how you could go wrong with a WL. The pet mechanic seems to bug out quite a bit for me but it seems solid enough for a solo roam. Although most of my enjoyment from my WL comes from pounce spamming just to be a nob.
Sizer wrote:Wl and am are the easiest on order (actually probably the easiest two out of all 24 classes), followed by sw and maybe wh. Bws are also passable, but you will never beat squigs and we's, and probably not shaman either.

For destro probably squigs and shaman, followed by we, and maybe dps doks and maras, though the latter two will get rolled by ams/sws, which is all you fight, so I wouldnt bother unless you want to die a lot.

Anything else (except rp/zealot) is doable, but a struggle, especially vs the above classes.

Of course the bigger struggle is going to be actually finding people solo, since 90% of the time you run into the lakes a group will run over you. But good luck if thats what you want to do.
I wouldn't recommend a mdps DoK, they are very fun in the lower tiers but the struggle gets real in t4. You will lose to any competent tank or kite class, so basically you are just hoping to find a mdps or 2 by themselves that are willing to fight. Not to mention that almost all other Destro are going to treat you like the scum of the earth for playing a melee Dok.
Last edited by DerManimal on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Public Enemy / Troll Patrol
Loxii (DoK) Loxhii (White Lion)
Urzen (Blorc) Loxune (Bright Wizard)
Urzgor (Choppa)

Dabbart

Post#14 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:16 am

WH can and will be extraordinarily rough as a solo player. You will however learn some nice tactics and random map area's from which to gank. That's because if you go near the "main combat" you melt.

WH gives some of the most satisfying kills imo. I enjoy the class tremendously. It is one class that you rarely want to be powerleveled. Sometimes...

My advice? Play them both! They have very different mechanics, and you will learn quite a bit that will translate to the other class. (add "The More You Know!" meme here...)
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

powerheads

Post#15 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:20 am

magter3001 wrote:WL is a good choice... really any High elf class is good. AMs and SW are prolly the best choice if you want to go solo. On Destro, Shaman and Squigy are best as solo. These 4 will test your skill when you go 1v2+ while 1v1 against most classes they will win.

WL can usually go toe to toe in 1v1 situations but against 1v2+, you'll most likely need a pot to overcome those odds. ;)
test your skills? really you think so? AM ans SW will test someones skill? same as shaman and squig. nice advice btw. let him to try easymode noskill usage.
Oh lol really man i have to take it for some special moment - AM and "test your skills". mabe skills to faceroll on keyboard?
Last edited by powerheads on Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

powerheads

Post#16 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:25 am

Try some hardcore. there is no doubts that any class in that game can solo. any class. any healer can be used as dps. any dps can build tanky and glasscannon. any tank can be dps/supporting. and all of them have stances which makes you versatile. Any class in any situation.
dont listen to those who says try Am, try WL... they are way too easy for normal mature person. But i dont except you are not such kind of person, when you ask that question. It looks like you want to find easy way, but not your own.
Try any. They are all playable.

Kahvo

Post#17 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:44 am

Wp, Dok, AM, Shaman are the best. They can heal and put out some good damage and if your skilled you can be pretty hard to kill 1v1

Eathisword

Post#18 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:51 am

I play solo a lot, live and here, on AM, WP, SW and IB. Some thoughts from my experience at level 40 (important point as dps/tank are weaker at the start and get better. Dps healers are strong at the start and get weaker, imo):

Edit : First and Foremost, if you are new here : solo video makes people look awesome, but in truth soloing is brutal. You die a shitload and there is no notion of ''fairplay''. 1v1 often quickly transform into 1v38 or something. There is about 0 respect given to soloers (which is fine by me btw, no rage intended) as RvR is mainly about group play. So bear that in mind, you might very well reach T4 and want a group badly soon after as solo can get frustrating (should influence your choice a bit).

Dps-AM : Strong from low level to 40. Best 1v1. Top 3, 1vX. Probably 2nd best pick to solo queue scenarios, as you can heal if needed. If you decide to go groupplay someday, its an okay choice, very average at dps but decent at healing. Very easy to play (video here : Dps-WP : Strong from level 6 and onward. Very strong versus melee/quite weak versus range (unless they bad). Pretty solid versus multiple opponents. Very bad in scens cause you cant heal much, won't get guarded very much and will get lots of hate. Very fun in lower tier though but fairly hard to play well. If you decide to go groupplay someday, you have to respec full heal. Dps WP are not very welcomed in groups (video here : SW : Becomes really good around level 25-26 (getting healdebuff). 2nd best 1v1, you can beat pretty much every class except good shaman. Imo, best 1vX if you spec double KD (1 range, 1 melee). CW3 + M1 cleanse + insane armor in assault stance makes it very survivable. Very good solo queing scens. You can get kills even against a healer. Farily easy to play, will be picked by group if you're good at it (video : IB : Fully blossoms at level 40 as it needs lots of mastery stuff to work well. Solid both in 1v1 and 1vX. Their main good point is looking awesome. Probably the best to solo queue as tank are rare in PuG scenario. Will also be picked by many groups, very solid tank class (Shameless plug video of self-promotion here : And again, this is my experience. Not the absolute truth.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Ads
Zealote

Post#19 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:11 am

Sizer wrote:Wl and am are the easiest on order (actually probably the easiest two out of all 24 classes), <snip>
Wrt WL, why d'you say that?

I'd guess because they can easily burst down inexperienced/bad soloers, are pretty good at getting out of trouble, and can use pet while kiting to get a head start before engaging. But when it comes to actually fighting and killing equally skilled/geared etc opponents, I'd say WL should have issues with all of:
-All 3 tanks
-Mara
-Magus (yep, seriously; only really daemonology ones though)
-SH (unless you can kill em with pounce dmg alone before you die)
-Dps shammy
-All 3 heal-specced healers

Which leaves choppa, WE (as long as you survive opener and pot if need be) and sorc.

Obv not saying you can't beat those classes, or that OP shouldn't roll a WL (edit: you should, they're fun! :P). But I think it's misleading to say that they're the "easiest" for soloing (if you want to win against gd players anyway).
Aetir

kryss

Post#20 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:22 am

Eathisword wrote: First and Foremost, if you are new here : solo video makes people look awesome, but in truth soloing is brutal. You die a shitload and there is no notion of ''fairplay''. 1v1 often quickly transform into 1v38 or something. There is about 0 respect given to soloers (which is fine by me btw, no rage intended) as RvR is mainly about group play.
This man speaks the truth. You need to be extremely patient, cause you'll get often zerged to death (and spammed with emotes, or jumped on).