Recent Topics

Ads

LOTD was garbage

Let's talk about... everything else
Teefz

Re: LOTD was garbage

Post#21 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:13 pm

TooGraphic wrote:Testing the waters here. Thinking about investing more time and coming back but I have a huge problem with LOTD. It was one of the worst attempts at content in a decent title I had ever seen. It was dry, boring, often buggy and being required to endure such crap doing PVE to get PVP gear in a PVP game seemed counter to the entire philosophy. The whole thing just sucked terribly and I thought it was microcosm of the game's problems at release. If it could be retrofitted as a form of darkness falls with out the bullshit dungeons and overpowered gear, perhaps a place to grind for resources and the odd not game breaking yet unique item drop it might seem OK. #lexit

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll740372x8Fac2B4D-30

http://www.poll-maker.com/results740372 ... 3-30#tab-2
Wish you would have went into more details of why 'it was garbage'. I have to mostly disagree with you. In my opinion, LotD was a great addition to WAR back on live servers for multiple reasons:

1. Gave people the options to ditch the normal leveling process and go to LotD as a sort of risk/reward in terms of the chance of getting ganked while gaining more XP per hour from PQs/farm spots/warcamp siege.
2. Professions: LotD added multiple areas for different professions to gain materials. Again risk/reward. Which also made the process of farming materials more fun.
3. Tombs. This is where I have to point out that while I think that the tombs in terms of design, mechanic etc. were awesome, there was several items(pocket items, weapons, talismans) that were obtainable from these tombs that, in my opinion shouldn't see the light of the day in RoR. I won't being go through them all here.
4. Totvl: Awesome dungeon. It was buggy, but all in all, it was an awesome experience and it was actual fun PVE, since it was such a challenge for so many guilds in the start at least. That being said there is still several aspects that needs to be adressed before this can be implemented I think:
- Tyrant Gear
- Colossus, colossus weapons and the talismans.
- Currency system
To mention a few.

Personally, I can't wait for LotD. The zone was awesome for roaming - solo or grp.

Ads
Ezella

Post#22 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:27 pm

katroulitsa wrote: ... bugged skeletons chasing u around ...
:D ... they really had much of their eternal love to share

PreddyIta

Post#23 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Up to you!! Love IT!!! :D :D :D
-=Chaos=- Magus: Preddy
-=Greenskins=- Shaman: Preddyshammy

Elven
Former Staff

Post#24 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:58 pm

Ezella wrote:
Spoiler:
:D
Spoiler:

Mithdraz

Post#25 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:59 pm

TooGraphic wrote:Testing the waters here. Thinking about investing more time and coming back but I have a huge problem with LOTD. It was one of the worst attempts at content in a decent title I had ever seen. It was dry, boring, often buggy and being required to endure such crap doing PVE to get PVP gear in a PVP game seemed counter to the entire philosophy. The whole thing just sucked terribly and I thought it was microcosm of the game's problems at release. If it could be retrofitted as a form of darkness falls with out the bullshit dungeons and overpowered gear, perhaps a place to grind for resources and the odd not game breaking yet unique item drop it might seem OK. #lexit

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll740372x8Fac2B4D-30

http://www.poll-maker.com/results740372 ... 3-30#tab-2
Saying it split ORvR?

Zone was mainly PVE and dungeon/tombs. It was only flagged ORvR bc they made it where PVE have a little kick to it. Like while on a boss in ToTVL, you had to stop them, or vise versa. It was fun messing with people instances, until zone was locked again. Zerg order and destro wouldnt just roam the lotd, dont worry they will be a bunch still in the normal orvr lakes. It was guild dungeon, farm, gank groups in lotd.

Plus with OP gear being taken out, that wont make it a ridiculous input bringing back lotd. So saying its garbage is just whinny. If you dont like it, dont go there. Saying a very well thought out puzzled dungeon is garbage, you probably couldnt even make it to the vulture lord, yet alone the actual dungeon..

PreddyIta

Post#26 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:18 pm

Elven wrote:
Ezella wrote:
Spoiler:
:D
Spoiler:
I want to play/Test with you - Elven :shock: :o :shock:

Great Pic. :)
-=Chaos=- Magus: Preddy
-=Greenskins=- Shaman: Preddyshammy

Krima

Post#27 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:47 pm

bring back LOTD and all the items, dungeons ! just change the stats itens to something not op, slightly better than what we have already, but we need new items.
Last edited by Krima on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

Mithdraz

Post#28 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:58 pm

Nice the old weapons :D i had the 2h with the highest crit, after getting the gold bag from colossus and killing the vulture lord multiple times to get the rest to buy the 2h. Had 3 guilds help burn him down, those were the days. :D

Ads
satori

Post#29 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:37 pm

saupreusse wrote:Don't expect +20healcrit staffs or things like that.
i'm a very sad RP right now! :P

no for real those things very overpowered as ****! it for sure is nice to know that RoR won't have that
imagine peace

chars:
Tathagatagarba - Idleprotest - Pinkpanther
Satori - Satoritv - Cookiemonstaaa - Arthurconandok - Gobdylan - Marychoppinz - Hugehackman

shameless plug:
livestream - youtube - facebook - twitter

lawfol

Post#30 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:51 pm

yep,lets make a poll about something that is far far away and will be totally different than the old version...makes sense.

What do you think? should be colonies on mars be white or grey colored?