Recent Topics

Ads

Why aren't we getting officer medallions for zone locks in t

Let's talk about... everything else
satori

Re: Why aren't we getting officer medallions for zone locks

Post#11 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:29 pm

Pixie126 wrote:I do understand the reasoning, but for players who play toons that do not kill, it gets hard to get the medallions. I have to wait for someone else to proc a roll and take my chances. I believe the only medallions I have came out of a bag from a keep, so 2. That's it.
you need to kill stuff! it really helps :) got pretty much all of my meds from kills
imagine peace

chars:
Tathagatagarba - Idleprotest - Pinkpanther
Satori - Satoritv - Cookiemonstaaa - Arthurconandok - Gobdylan - Marychoppinz - Hugehackman

shameless plug:
livestream - youtube - facebook - twitter

Ads
Dabbart

Re: Why aren't we getting officer medallions for zone locks

Post#12 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:46 pm

satori wrote:
Pixie126 wrote:I do understand the reasoning, but for players who play toons that do not kill, it gets hard to get the medallions. I have to wait for someone else to proc a roll and take my chances. I believe the only medallions I have came out of a bag from a keep, so 2. That's it.
you need to kill stuff! it really helps :) got pretty much all of my meds from kills
Or get into a party. If you are playing a healer/tank you rely on your DPS to get the damage and kills. If you're playing a DPS you are relying on the healer/tank to keep you alive long enough to get said damage/kill. It's why you share xp/rr/inf/loot...

If you only have 2, then I believe you are soloing around, haven't played ORvR that much, or just ridiculously super crazy unlucky. I dislike ORvR, and rarely do it. I still have a dozen officer medals on all my toons. And my Zealot, which has been the most active in ORvR, has 40(!) and got an anni helm from keep... So those saying it takes too long, negative. You just have to be persistant. Chasing locks/keep takes/ticks wont get you medallions.

You HAVE to FIGHT to get them. Unfortunately, most people will sit for the tick rather than move on to the next fight. So the time between medallions can seem quite high, but watch your loot counter in a somewhat extended fight. Medallions drop at quite a high rate per death.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.