Recent Topics

Ads

Changing Renown Mastery Point Levels

Let's talk about... everything else
Ramasee

Changing Renown Mastery Point Levels

Post#1 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:24 am

Concerns have been raised about the amount of power gap that will arise out of the recent change to renown rank cap. I agree with most of the points Azarael brought up in that thread about MMOs and power creep. I offer this suggestion to lower (not eliminate) the power gap between a rr40 and a rr80.

Instead of gaining additional mastery points at 40/50/60/70, have them be gained at 11/20/30/40. This way everyone at rr40 has their full class build without having to grind as much. Then the only difference between rr40 and rr80 currently would be the stats gained from spending those 40 points.

This change will also have more players using full builds so that better balance discussions between classes can take place in the future.

Notes:
  1. The rank increase has already happened. Please keep your comments about the viability of the rank cap change and whether it should have happened or not out of this thread.
  • I believe some of the stats from renown points need to be adjusted, but that is for a different thread as well.
  • I understand different sets coming out in the future require higher RR ranks. That is for another thread in the future, and can be discussed when RoR is close to releasing those sets.

Ads
Shadowgurke

Re: Changing Renown Mastery Point Levels

Post#2 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:48 am

No

Getting the mastery point is one of the main reasons why RR matters apart from Gear. It is the ultimate carrot on a stick

Concerns of a power gap because players are finally able to get RP at 1/4 of the regular rate are absurd

thullonse

Post#3 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:40 am

would be great to see changed this but sadly we wont get it.
*** you leatherman

Sizer

Post#4 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 1:54 am

I think a more reasonable idea would be to shift it from 40/50/60/70 to 30/40/50/60. That way its a much more reasonable grind to get your full build, but people still have a reason to go past 40. But either way would work.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

perche

Post#5 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:24 am

Shadowgurke wrote:No

Getting the mastery point is one of the main reasons why RR matters apart from Gear. It is the ultimate carrot on a stick

Concerns of a power gap because players are finally able to get RP at 1/4 of the regular rate are absurd
+1 pls dont do ROR more worse than warhammer online rvr pack.
i dont understand this raise cap to 80 at 25% and not lv50 at normal rate to be ready for conqueror and fortress.
Perche choppa rr100 RIp
Dizparate squid rr100 Rip

Bayoneta vonsodomiten Dok
Froilan Borbon engi nerfed in last 2 patch.

Annaise16

Post#6 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:39 am

The three extra mastery points are worth at most one extra mastery ability/tactic. That isn't game-breaking.

Many classes don't really gain anything from it except a tiny amount (approx. 1%-2%) extra damage/healing on some abilities. That's next to nothing in this game.

Hiiiyaddudeishere

Post#7 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:00 pm

Ramasee wrote:Concerns have been raised about the amount of power gap that will arise out of the recent change to renown rank cap. I agree with most of the points Azarael brought up in that thread about MMOs and power creep. I offer this suggestion to lower (not eliminate) the power gap between a rr40 and a rr80.
I would be more concerned about the power gap between r40rr80's and the fresh r32rr<=32. Maybe it is time to remove the rr cap so it again can exceed rank.

Telen
Suspended

Post#8 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:07 pm

I think they should think about making t4 begin at 40. The power gap between r40 whatever the renown is nothing compared to 32s going against 80s. Many classes need 4 tactics to make a certain spec complete.

Ads
Azarael

Post#9 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:15 pm

Telen wrote:I think they should think about making t4 begin at 40. The power gap between r40 whatever the renown is nothing compared to 32s going against 80s. Many classes need 4 tactics to make a certain spec complete.
PvE to R40. That's really not a problem.

"But I don't want to PvE."

Oh well. Power gap for you then.

Hiiiyaddudeishere

Post#10 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:30 pm

Azarael wrote:
Telen wrote:I think they should think about making t4 begin at 40. The power gap between r40 whatever the renown is nothing compared to 32s going against 80s. Many classes need 4 tactics to make a certain spec complete.
PvE to R40. That's really not a problem.

"But I don't want to PvE."

Oh well. Power gap for you then.
Even if he/she PvE to R40 the char would still be RR32 or less :)