Recent Topics

Ads

Kill Quest Nerfs and BO/Keep Nerfs

Let's talk about... everything else
reactor24

Kill Quest Nerfs and BO/Keep Nerfs

Post#1 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:23 pm

Hmm, so I was gone for the first week of T4 due to work, now that I've been back a few days, I've learned the changes that were made. To me, the nerfs to not only kill quests, but now BO/Keeps caps are way over the top. It is punishing newcomers to the server and slowing down progression greatly.

More importantly though, these nerfs ruined open world RvR. It is completely dead in every tier, except the main empire/chaos zones where whichever faction has the numbers is simply camping the others war camp. There is absolutely no incentive to capture a BO or Keep. The game only rewards you for killing players. That's cool, I like killing players, but now it's just a zerg camping the WC as there is no incentive to go anywhere else.

Perhaps, rather than nerf the BO cap reward to nothing, leave a reward and then provide a bonus when players in the area. Even more so, if there is a Keep, provide an even bigger bonus when you successfully cap or defend AGAINST players. But even if there is no players, there should still be a reward. This will spread the players out and create more organic PvP. As it is now, I just don't see the point and these changes have kind of ruined the game for me now that it's just war camp camping.
Agostinah : Shadow Warrior | Dozo : Witch Hunter

"Show you the difference 'tween my gun and my pistol"

Ads
mx450rex

Re: Kill Quest Nerfs and BO/Keep Nerfs

Post#2 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:39 pm

If you read one of the many threads already created you will see that this is temporary. No need to create another thread to express thoughts on the situation.

This completely volunteer based dev team has done a tremendous job reviving the game. So give them slack and some time to re-work the system and implement a solid solution for the future of RoR.

Grobbok

Post#3 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:45 pm

reactor24 wrote: To me, the nerfs to not only kill quests, but now BO/Keeps caps are way over the top. It is punishing newcomers to the server and slowing down progression greatly.

More importantly though, these nerfs ruined open world RvR. It is completely dead in every tier, except the main empire/chaos zones where whichever factor has the numbers is simply camping the others war camp. There is absolutely no incentive to capture a BO or Keep. The game only rewards you for killing players. That's cool, I like killing players, but now it's just a zerg camping the WC as there is no incentive to go anywhere else.
you 100% right, that game need newcomers and they need rewards to level up, to feel happy from playing
rvr is not only for premades
lider of Da fat squigs guild

reactor24

Post#4 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:48 pm

mx450rex wrote:If you read one of the many threads already created you will see that this is temporary. No need to create another thread to express thoughts on the situation.

This completely volunteer based dev team has done a tremendous job reviving the game. So give them slack and some time to re-work the system and implement a solid solution for the future of RoR.
You make it sound like I was being ungrateful. I am not, I am tremendously grateful for what the devs have done. They are doing a great job and I was pleasantly surprised to see T4 when I came back.

As far as these changes go though, they took the nerfs too far and so I am providing constructive criticism. I'm glad there are other threads on it and I do not feel bad about mine, it is a major issue and it needs to be their top priority now that T4 is out before too many people get bored of WC camping and leave. Also, where are these threads though? I am looking on the front page and I don't see anyone else talking about this.

Morf

Post#5 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:11 pm

Its good from my point of view, it promotes pvp, if u chose to go from objective to objective deliberately avoiding pvp you shouldnt be rewarded for it.
What doesnt help right now is the keep take situation where it is near impossible to take a keep, i expect this to change very soon so rams and oil work alot better then they do currently.
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Tekkss

Post#6 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:13 pm

I just flipped 2 zones in T2 and went from Lvl 16 4% to Lvl 16 11%.
fun....

mx450rex

Post#7 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:16 pm

reactor24 wrote:Also, where are these threads though? I am looking on the front page and I don't see anyone else talking about this.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13851
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13706

Morf

Post#8 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:17 pm

Tekkss wrote:I just flipped 2 zones in T2 and went from Lvl 16 4% to Lvl 16 11%.
fun....
Maybe this is telling you to fight other players instead of capping undefended objectives ?
Morfee - Shaman / Mynnos - Kotbs / Grubod - Black Orc / Snubz - Squig Herder

Ads
reactor24

Post#9 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:19 pm

Morf wrote:
Tekkss wrote:I just flipped 2 zones in T2 and went from Lvl 16 4% to Lvl 16 11%.
fun....
Maybe this is telling you to fight other players instead of capping undefended objectives ?

Sure, but where are the players in T2? No where most of the time, and when they are there, they are just camping the WC now because there is no incentive to anything else.

You should be rewarded for capping zones, even if there is no player, but just reward more when there are players.

Tekkss

Post#10 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:24 pm

Morf wrote:
fun....
HOW?
Should I just create some? If they are not going to even try to defend the keep what should I do?
Last edited by Tekkss on Tue May 17, 2016 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.