Recent Topics

Ads

Kill Quest Nerfs and BO/Keep Nerfs

Let's talk about... everything else
reactor24

Re: Kill Quest Nerfs and BO/Keep Nerfs

Post#21 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:12 pm

Yup, bring back rewards and people will be all over the 9 t4 zones instead of just Praag back and forth between WC.
Agostinah : Shadow Warrior | Dozo : Witch Hunter

"Show you the difference 'tween my gun and my pistol"

Ads
mursie

Post#22 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:13 pm

catholicism198 wrote:Yeah, Scenarios are great! I love getting steam rolled by Order premades nonstop. I'll get fully geared in a matter of months, if I'm lucky, with the 1-4 Emblems, if I'm lucky, per hour.
If you can't beat them... join them. Maybe go play a double slayer / double kotbs / double WP lawl train for the funzies!

everything is cyclical. Eventually those order pre's will get geared/bored and re-roll destro to stomp unorganized order pugs.

Ride the Tide!

Akalukz

Post#23 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:18 pm

T3 US time is pretty bad as well for any type of ORvR. Tis unfortunate since I really enjoy ORvR rather than scenarios, but that's where the fights are now. Hopefully the "overhaul" of the campaign won't take too long.
-= Agony =-

ThomasThePommes

Post#24 » Wed May 18, 2016 12:38 am

Morf wrote:
reactor24 wrote:
i see your point but if the players mentality is to just camp a wc or go from objective to wc over and over dont blame the system blame the players for being lame, sure the rvr mechanics right now isnt amazing or can be seen to not help the situation but its the players fault for being brainless imo.
People will always choose the way that provide the best rewards. If there is no reward people don't do it and atm there is no reason to lock zones. Maybe the system work if we get city sieges but atm the best way to get RR is to kill player. So why should we run around and do things that stop us from killing?

In my opinion the T4 patch try to do many things that sound good on paper but don't work ingame :(

(no rewards from objectivs, no more rats)

Krima

Post#25 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:06 am

100% correct. .... no fun anymore.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

reactor24

Post#26 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:14 am

If you take a look at my post history, you'll see a story I posted a few days before the T4 patch about how much fun I was having with the organic PvP. There is an example in that story of a battle in tier 1, Dwarf zones at a BO. To summarize it, there were Destro capping a BO in dwarf t1, because they wanted the rewards. I was in a group of order doing T1 lair, we noticed they were capping, and we went to defend it. They lost the battle, but they still got their initial reward from the cap. We got rewards from killing them, and re-capping the BO. This incentivized both parties. This worked.

How would that battle even occur in the current system? It wouldn't, because no one has any incentive to go that objective in dwarf. The only reward is from killing players, thus, you go to where all the players are, camping the smaller factions WC in the empire/chaos zone.

The system is broken.
Agostinah : Shadow Warrior | Dozo : Witch Hunter

"Show you the difference 'tween my gun and my pistol"

CzarRedwall

Post#27 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:46 am

I feel like keep takes and bo's gave players an incentive to fight one another. There was definitely more action pre patch.

What if, instead of three pairings open, one pairing is open while the other two are locked. This would put everyone in the same zone. And once a side caps a pairing, then the next pairing is opened. Then the next same thing.

This might prevent players from capping empty keeps in dead zones. And it would help players know where the action is.

catholicism198

Post#28 » Wed May 18, 2016 1:52 am

RyanMakara wrote:
catholicism198 wrote:Yeah, Scenarios are great! I love getting steam rolled by Order premades nonstop. I'll get fully geared in a matter of months, if I'm lucky, with the 1-4 Emblems, if I'm lucky, per hour.
Protip: Be a part of your own premade in scenarios. They are, after all, designed for group play. You can't complain about getting killed by a group of organised players when scenarios are all about killing in a group of organised players.
Not really the same thing.
But I won't get into why- been said before.
mursie wrote: If you can't beat them... join them. Maybe go play a double slayer / double kotbs / double WP lawl train for the funzies!

everything is cyclical. Eventually those order pre's will get geared/bored and re-roll destro to stomp unorganized order pugs.

Ride the Tide!
WH is the only Order career I'm interested in...and being in a premade playing against a pug is just as boring as playing against a premade.....

Pug Vs Pug please.............

Ads
thefarthestland

Post#29 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:59 am

t2/t3 is dead, only work 2/3 hours per day.

rvr does not work with low population
Small groups can not take:
BO
Castle
XP Quest
Everything is wasting time

the new system does not work, another system gave up and fun alternatives.

ann69

Post#30 » Wed May 18, 2016 3:15 am

Krima wrote:100% correct. .... no fun anymore.
have to agree