Recent Topics

Ads

Improving RvR - some brainstorming

Let's talk about... everything else
Luicetarro

Re: Balancing RvR - some brainstorming

Post#11 » Sun May 15, 2016 2:45 am

The problem is:

If you miss the action, because you're not with the zerg, you'll miss the reward.
I was scout for a wb, while they were on a keep. I didn't get any reward, but still help my mates by checking for inc and calling out stray scouts from the other faction.
I didn't mind that time, but since it was a rather big fight, I did miss lots of reknown that my toon is in need of. How many ppl actually are willing to do something like that?

So if you force a realm to leave ppl behind without rewading them for it, you will have an end-result that might be rather odd. Keep wouldn't get taken anymore, because ppl won't be willing to stay behind, miss the action (and the reward) to let others fight and get their share.

With the current system the BO-Guards would have no chance to loot the goldchest, for example, so you're punishing those guards for helping their realm.

If there would be a system that would benefit them as well, this idea might work. but otherwise, it will be a series of permanent BO-swapping, ending in keeps, that never will be taken because of that.

Ads
Sizer

Post#12 » Sun May 15, 2016 3:08 am

Making stats scale with aao is like the worst idea ever. Some, but not all of the reasons:

1. "pro" 6 mans sitting in aao farming warcamp guards while the other faction takes keeps, and in fact not even going out into the lakes without the aao stat buff for fear of their dk being hurt
2. Groups can already stop zergs. Keep walls and smart use of chokepoints already give them a huge advantage. Working siege will help this further
3. It would introduce a ridiculous, and almost gamebreaking amount of toxicity towards your own realm for both sides, and would probably make all the gm's quit
4. The game is not about even fights. There are multiple zones, forts, and cities for a reason, and if no one ever "zerged", they would never take zones, and the game could just be praag, dw and tm, and nothing else. This is a solution in search of a problem, not the other way around.

And to not be totally negative, this would be a good idea, if it was in the last stage of cities. Like what mythic had but better, so say, 4 people become champs, but you can choose who is a champ, and if your side is outnumbered you get more than 4 champs, or they get a bigger stat boost, or something. Id bring it up again when the server gets to that stage of development, but its not something rvr needs.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

Cornerback

Post#13 » Sun May 15, 2016 3:14 pm

Luicetarro wrote:The problem is:

If you miss the action, because you're not with the zerg, you'll miss the reward.
Maybe grant the rewards for killing the champs to all people in the rvr lake.

Sizer wrote:Making stats scale with aao is like the worst idea ever. Some, but not all of the reasons:

1. "pro" 6 mans sitting in aao farming warcamp guards while the other faction takes keeps, and in fact not even going out into the lakes without the aao stat buff for fear of their dk being hurt
2. Groups can already stop zergs. Keep walls and smart use of chokepoints already give them a huge advantage. Working siege will help this further
3. It would introduce a ridiculous, and almost gamebreaking amount of toxicity towards your own realm for both sides, and would probably make all the gm's quit
4. The game is not about even fights. There are multiple zones, forts, and cities for a reason, and if no one ever "zerged", they would never take zones, and the game could just be praag, dw and tm, and nothing else. This is a solution in search of a problem, not the other way around.

And to not be totally negative, this would be a good idea, if it was in the last stage of cities. Like what mythic had but better, so say, 4 people become champs, but you can choose who is a champ, and if your side is outnumbered you get more than 4 champs, or they get a bigger stat boost, or something. Id bring it up again when the server gets to that stage of development, but its not something rvr needs.
1. Maybe remove the buff if they don't actively fight for X minutes.
2. Most groups can't. A grp stopping a zerg is a rare thing in WAR.
3. How? Please explain.
4. Of course the game is not about even fights. BUT the game is about fights.
At the current state, people chose not to fight but to lock empty zones instead. Giving them a reason to fight would be a first step forward.
~~ Guild leader of Elements & Elementz ~~

Order: Grombrindal (IB), Gromsson (Engi), Dwaini (RP), Snobbi (Slayer), Khadgar (BW)

Destruction: Xeyron (Magus), Antyria (DoK), Antyrai (Witch Elf), Medigit (Smol Waaaghboss)

Telen
Suspended

Re: Improving RvR - some brainstorming

Post#14 » Sun May 15, 2016 3:53 pm

I tend to avoid the zerg and look for smallscale. If aao buffed stats I would be forced to follow the zerg as I would get smashed by buffed players or smash people without a chance. I dont like anything that alters the balance and makes people watch aao and avoid fights until they get the buff. I do like champs though.
Last edited by Telen on Sun May 15, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paradox926

Post#15 » Sun May 15, 2016 4:20 pm

Leveling in ORvR- R.I.P

Vdova

Post#16 » Sun May 15, 2016 5:55 pm

Until devs find the way out from this, I would put RvR to last playable state(T3 one). This no reward mechanics + curency/gear wipes are for masochysts....... and I am one of them :-D
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair