Recent Topics

Ads

Caster dps

Let's talk about... everything else
hollowpilgrim

Caster dps

Post#1 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:20 am

Hey all, new player here. I would appreciate if anyone can give me kind of a pros and cons of the different caster classes and how they stack up compared to each other.

Ads
Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Re: Caster dps

Post#2 » Sat May 14, 2016 6:23 am

From all sides ?
Bw / sorc (amazing burst dps can kill ppl nearly instant )
Magus/engi ( not that hard burst but sustain dmg ) can still burst ppl down )
AM/shammy ( hmmm dunno what to say :D can deal good dps but dunno how usefull
Zealot ( if well played can be rly nice ;D dps good no hard burst)

Think :
BW / SORC Pros : Highest dmg output in game at nice range , Nice aoe dmg if its needed 4 groups .
Cons : Squishy like ***** no healdebuffs , not much croud control .

Magus/Engi Pros : Can rift :D nice sustained dmg also can ST burst (not like sorc/bw) , more beefy like sorc(bw)
Cons : Very stationary , dots can be cleansed not much CC (bit more than sorc(bw)

The other caster classes are more like i play it cause i love the style they arent that effectiv like the main caster classes
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Abolition

Post#3 » Sat May 14, 2016 7:21 am

BW/Sorc mechanic requires a group to be effective.
Image Abolition | Image AboGroupHeals | Image DontEatMe Bro

Telen
Suspended

Post#4 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:53 am

There is only one real caster dps, bw/sorc. The others come nowhere close. As long as they have a group their drawback is negated. Also bw does have a healdebuff and plenty of cc. aoe root, ranged kd and ranged snare.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#5 » Sat May 14, 2016 9:02 am

y a 30 sec cooldown healbuff that can be cleansed or it dont hits ...
an aoe root that brakes at 50% if they get dmg
a snare wehre u have to channel (no snare and run away) .
y but a nice KD nothing else .
be a bit more realistic they nearly have NO cc if u mirror to other chars they have
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Firendil

Post#6 » Sat May 14, 2016 9:07 am

Archimage and shaman are primary healer, they can do some dps but this isnt there first rôle.

zealot are healers to. to be frank, every healer have a dps tree spec but i wouldnt consider ti a real asset.

On live i remember some realy nice dps AM and Shaman but they were only goud at dueling or roaming solo ganking. And where clearly dependant on the gear and high renow

As ranged dps you also got Shadow warior and Squig herder. Those focus on bow and the SH even have a pet.
Firendil, Sword Master
Firen, Slayer
Cassandre, Warrior Priest
Alienore, Shadow Warrior

Survivant de Millenium Old School

roadkillrobin

Post#7 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:00 am

If were talking dps then Magus and Engie completly destroys all other classes. If we talk usefullness then not so much. In Pvp, burst damage is whats moast efficiant due to not being able to heal it. Sustained dps does almoast nothing in group pvp. Sustained dmg classes however works pretty decent in 1 v 1. But if you wanna be competative in this game you needto be able to set up burst.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#8 » Sat May 14, 2016 11:04 am

Thats so true and btw dunno how often i wrote it a magus can do 4-6k dmg in 1.5 sec on a single target !! its not what a sorc can but its not that bad . its more than a SH can do in that short time .
But think if u wanna play rly hard DPS u can just take BW/Sorc .

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#9 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:01 pm

Daknallbomb wrote:y a 30 sec cooldown healbuff that can be cleansed or it dont hits ...
an aoe root that brakes at 50% if they get dmg
a snare wehre u have to channel (no snare and run away) .
y but a nice KD nothing else .
be a bit more realistic they nearly have NO cc if u mirror to other chars they have
Every dps class has a debuff. The target is likely debuffed when assisting. Those times it isnt you have yours.
Roots break on damage just like for all classes. Not an issue learn to not break them.
As you only have to be stationary for 3s to do a full dps rotation (some classes need that for a single ability 4.5 for a crit festerbomb) why do you need a snare and run away. A snare for the rare moments you are stationary is amazing.
Ranged kds are the reason order has stronger ranged groups.
Ive played all the rdps to 40 and the SDR bw build is the strongest.
Last edited by Telen on Sat May 14, 2016 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#10 » Sat May 14, 2016 12:06 pm

wy u need a snare ? aaah u kill full tanky tanks or guarded dds in 3 sec if they are healed and sborbed etc ? mayb thats the reasy for snare run ?
Looks like u play bw as main and thats wy ( only class best boom in everything ) ? its just not true :D
Y cc like the other classes with dat aoe root and so on just rly not effektiv ;D if a bw or sorc had rly nice cc they will be lot to imba . thats wy they leak cc