Recent Topics

Ads

I just don't have a clear picture of what do I have to do!

Let's talk about... everything else
Alvanos
Banned

I just don't have a clear picture of what do I have to do!

Post#1 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:13 pm

Well, having played the previous tiers for quite a long time (t1 all stages, t2 and t3), had a 4-month break (ty Azarael for that) and now that I return, I see full WB's PQ flagged in Praag and CW and ORvR lakes almost empty. So...in order to lvl up and have some fun, what do I have to do except scens? I mean I like scens, but where is ORvR? Have I neglected something?
Last edited by Alvanos on Wed May 11, 2016 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ὦ ξεῖν᾿, ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε κείμεθα τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
War, never, ends.

Ads
arthur2k

Re: I just don't have a clear picture what do I have to do a

Post#2 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:22 pm

Grind like a mad man to 40! then do epic quests and collect gear and kill stuff! XD
Karak-Norn Destruction, we öwnd.

Alvanos
Banned

Post#3 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:25 pm

arthur2k wrote:Grind like a mad man to 40! then do epic quests and collect gear and kill stuff! XD
Ty, but what do I have to grind and how? Which is the fastest and less boring way?

And which are these epic quests? Any guide around?

Feeling like a noob at lvl 32 (most of my toons are so) and after 2 years in this epic project, is strange :shock: :shock: Should someone ask us back then about T4, we would say it would take years, but here we are now, and some of us have no idea what to do!
Ὦ ξεῖν᾿, ἀγγέλλειν Λακεδαιμονίοις ὅτι τῇδε κείμεθα τοῖς κείνων ῥήμασι πειθόμενοι.
War, never, ends.

sosenj6828

Post#4 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:30 pm

if youre level 32 like you said id recommend farming in arena in inevetable city, there are 34+ mobs, or farm rats in t3( in tabababbababcacbababaca-land north of the camp theres spot with 36+ champ rats, so you will need group)

Penril

Post#5 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:31 pm

RvR is kinda dead because destro is zerging a lot. This is pretty common in RoR as soon as level/rr caps are increased, new zones/rewards are released, etc. Expect destro to zerg for at least another week or 2, and then they will switch to order and zerg again. I expect T4 RvR to be fun with great battles for both sides in about a month.

People farm PQs because you have a chance to get a gold bag, which contains Ruin gear.

Epic quests: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13495

Alvanos
Banned

Re: I just don't have a clear picture of what do I have to d

Post#6 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:46 pm

Thank you both for the info! Grulo, I sent you a PM yesterday! I will not farm any PQ, since I have seen how fast the so called end-game gear becomes obsolete. Remember GL gear when lvl cap was 10? Oh my... xD
War, never, ends.

Bacta
Former Staff

Post#7 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:57 pm

Penril wrote:RvR is kinda dead because destro is zerging a lot. This is pretty common in RoR as soon as level/rr caps are increased, new zones/rewards are released, etc. Expect destro to zerg for at least another week or 2, and then they will switch to order and zerg again. I expect T4 RvR to be fun with great battles for both sides in about a month.

People farm PQs because you have a chance to get a gold bag, which contains Ruin gear.

Epic quests: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13495
Kind of funny as I play Destro primarily and when i log on all zones are order except for Reikland last night which i think was bugged. I'm already 40 but PQ's are literally packed with people so possibilities of getting Ruin gear are slim to none.
Bacta AM|Disneys Kotbs| Wiki WP <Foreplay>
Cerebus DoK | Jasselin Chosen <Pillowtalk>

Penril

Post#8 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:01 pm

Bacta wrote:
Kind of funny as I play Destro primarily and when i log on all zones are order except for Reikland last night which i think was bugged. I'm already 40 but PQ's are literally packed with people so possibilities of getting Ruin gear are slim to none.
Must be a timezone thing. Anyway, it doesn't matter if it is Destro or Order. The point was that one realm usually zergs the **** out of RoR for a week or 2 after new content is added. It has been like this since T2 (remember the big Destro WAAAGH of 2015 and the medallion wipe?).

We will have a more balanced RvR in a few weeks, i'm sure.

Ads
Marsares

Post#9 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:07 pm

As the others said, the coming weeks will be odd as people try to level up and get gear, so the path of least resistance applies which generally does not involve a lot of hard rvr fights.

The fastest and least boring ways to level up don't unfortunately go together, as in many MMOs. Fastest is grinding mobs, but that makes your eyes bleed. Least boring depends on your taste, RvR will odd the next few weeks and unless you are on the zerging side potentially slow. Scenarios are good but if you PUG it it can be hit and miss.

Best is to get the epic quests out of the way, boring as hell, but give decent XP and good weapons (until you get scenario ones), and now everyone is doing them it's very easy to find a group. I did all three in five hours last night. Then grind mobs till 40, whilst joining rvr if something fun is going on.

That should get you to 40 fast with some good weapons. From there you can rvr or grind scenarios, dependant on whether you need annihilator or mercenary gear.
Karak-Norn /// Asildur - RR100 WL /// Marsares - RR95 AM /// Nirnaeth - RR64 SW

Azarael

Post#10 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:13 pm

Alvanos wrote:(ty Azarael for that)
I advise you change your attitude or take another break. The server's moved on, and your behaviour will not be tolerated as it was before.

Ban thread made public at viewtopic.php?f=86&t=5962

Do not comment upon this post, and do not place the blame for your own misdeeds upon staff members.