Recent Topics

Ads

why 880?

Let's talk about... everything else
saupreusse
Developer

Re: why 880?

Post#51 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:41 pm

Fashri wrote:Are you new to MMO's in general, or why is this such a huge issue?
MMO's tend to be very grindy, since you need to earn what you get, if you want instant satisfaction from gaining some new shiny item, go play WoW.
Wow was the king of grind until blizzard realized that people will give you a lot of money - if in exchange- you make it easier for them to achieve things. right now everyone can have an instant high lvl char by paying money.

Ads
Sizer

Post#52 » Tue May 10, 2016 11:10 pm

Shadowgurke wrote:you don't have to get the Scenario weapons. They are not even BiS.

If you want to play casually and not care about Scenarios then play like a casual and use quest weapons. They are fine and barely inferior or even slightly better than Scenario weapons, depending on the proc
Actually they are bis for healers and probably for bws/sorcs (havent looked at the procs for them, but I cant imagine it being better than 4% crit)

Still, this IS how bis items should work. Everyone can get them and its done through pvp, not pve grinding or spending gold.

It will be a little annoying the first few weeks as people who play multiple toons will be at a disadvantage to people who grind them in 3 days, but again, thats how it should be. No problem here imo.
Aenea - SW / Aeneaa - AM
Sizer - Shaman / Artsupplies - Sorc

wanna993

Post#53 » Tue May 10, 2016 11:25 pm

Grobbok wrote:ok, 4 week, or 4 months, its not problem here
I just wonder why that prizes are so high? to keep ppl in game?
what is the point of that farming?
why casual player can't enjoy playing rvr?
why 880 but not 640? or 720? or maybe u should give 2000 per weapon?
This is such terrible logic. If they were let's say 720 all it would've done would be to have this thread with a slightly different title asking for 640 or 560. No number will satisfy everyone ever. As someone already pointed out, there's always going to be that guy playing less than you. So pleasing the lowest common denominator is a terrible approach (aka look at wow for perfect example).

greenstoned

Post#54 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:25 am

saupreusse wrote:
Fashri wrote:Are you new to MMO's in general, or why is this such a huge issue?
MMO's tend to be very grindy, since you need to earn what you get, if you want instant satisfaction from gaining some new shiny item, go play WoW.
Wow was the king of grind until blizzard realized that people will give you a lot of money - if in exchange- you make it easier for them to achieve things. right now everyone can have an instant high lvl char by paying money.
honestly, the grindiest non-asian mmo i ever played was anarchy online, many times over the wow grind for anything whatsoever ;p

such a glorious game it was tho :)
AM - Greendreams
SW - Experiment

mdillard

Post#55 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:31 am

As for the old "Why do you hate casual players?" argument, you can shove it. I guarantee I have less time to actually play the game than you do. My main wasn't even capped before T4. And I still have fun. I still enjoy the rewards I receive, and I have yet to get bored with the treadmill to the next reward. Maybe that's because I focus on the game instead of the rewards themselves, maybe it's because I'm braindead, maybe it's because I'm so bad that I've stopped caring so much about my weapons having a marginal increase in stats. But in the end, the game is for people like me
I'm 54 yrs old and as casual as they come, I don't expect BIS gear just because I show up.
I know I can GET BIS gear if I follow the game plan, and I do just fine in middle of the pack gear as long as I stay in the spirit of the game.
Have fun, and don't find another way to be materialistic.
I totally and emphatically agree with this dev.
Would I like BIS gear just for showing up?
Sure why not.
Do I expect it?
No...
This is one of the most fun games ever, don't let the prospect of a grind get you down.
Play in a way that makes you smile.
:)
Agave - Rank 40 Witch Elf, Tequila lover.

7rere7

Post#56 » Wed May 11, 2016 1:40 am

This would help a lot if a player could give their extra emblems and medallion's to their alts .
If a player has a couple toons but doesn't know what main they want to play with then emblems and medallions go to waist ,including there time put into playing alts.
More so players be able to sell emblems and Medallions in the auction .

Keep blue,purple chest bags should have items aswell like gold bags do .

WALSHE93

Post#57 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:09 am

I like the idea that emblems/medallions should be account based, so can play the main you love while also getting emblems/medallions for an alt... But i know that wont happen lol

Telen
Suspended

Post#58 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:16 am

7rere7 wrote:This would help a lot if a player could give their extra emblems and medallion's to their alts .
If a player has a couple toons but doesn't know what main they want to play with then emblems and medallions go to waist ,including there time put into playing alts.

People would just use their geared pres to farm emblems for their alts. Further widening the gap between casual players. Gear should be bind aswell as currency. You want players having to step down so the next wave of ungeared players dont get destroyed.

Ads
7rere7

Post#59 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:30 am

Telen wrote:
7rere7 wrote:This would help a lot if a player could give their extra emblems and medallion's to their alts .

People would just use their geared pres to farm emblems for their alts. Further widening the gap between casual players. Gear should be bind aswell as currency. You want players having to step down so the next wave of ungeared players dont get destroyed.

One huge problem gear is either defense or offence ,RVR or SC's.
If im a tank and I want to play RVR but the medallions are for defensive gear set then im only in RVR for renown . That's a big negative when its the a big focus of the game is about gear! Essentially im waisting all my medallions in zone takes!

Telen
Suspended

Post#60 » Wed May 11, 2016 2:34 am

7rere7 wrote:
One huge problem gear is either defense or offence ,RVR or SC's.
If im a tank and I want to play RVR but the medallions are for defensive gear set then im only in RVR for renown . That's a big negative when its the a big focus of the game is about gear! Essentially im waisting all my medallions in zone takes!
Save them. Later gear sets role swap so the sc gear will be defensive.