Recent Topics

Ads

Warhammer Online: 1.4.9 Patch Notes on PTS

Let's talk about... everything else
mikesander990

Warhammer Online: 1.4.9 Patch Notes on PTS

Post#1 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:09 pm

Found this interesting website about patch 1.4.9 for WAR, too bad it never got implemented.

http://www.weritsblog.com/2013/04/149-hits-pts.html

Patch Notes 1.4.9

WAR version 1.4.9 is now live on the PTS. The main feature of this patch is career balancing with a focus on the Black Orc and Swordmaster. Other careers are also getting some attention. Some buffs, others balancing. Take a look below for the details.

The second part of the Stronghold Saga Live Event is also probably coming with 1.4.9.

--------------

Bright Wizard

Several spells now add Weapon DPS when calculating damage.

Combustion Mechanic: the Explosion damage formula has been altered to deal about half as much damage based on Career Rank as it used to, but will now calculate additional damage based on Renown Rank.

Meltdown deals additional damage based on Renown Rank.

Sorceress

Dark Magic Mechanic: the Backlash damage formula has been altered to deal about half as much damage based on Career Rank as it used to, but will now calculate additional damage based on Renown Rank.

Dhar Wind deals additional damage based on Renown Rank.

Engineer

Gun Turret, Bombardment Turret, and Flame Turret: These abilities can be cast while moving. The turret delivery box will no longer appear but the character will go through a suitably alternate animation during the cast time.

Magus

Summon Pink Horror, Summon Blue Horror, and Summon Flamer: These abilities can be cast while moving.

Swordmaster

Sapping Strike - Requires Perfect Balance, Leads to Normal Balance. Deals VALUE0 damage. Removes 50 Action Points from your target. You recover 50 Action Points.

Heaven's Blade - All your melee attacks gain a 25% chance to reduce all of your target's resists by VALUE0 and their armor by VALUE1 for 10 seconds. During this time, both you and your groupmates within 100 feet will benefit from the stolen resist and armor.

Phantom's Blade - All your melee attacks gain a 25% chance to reduce your target's wounds by VALUE0 for 10 seconds. During this time, both you and your groupmates within 100 feet will benefit from the stolen wounds. You and your groupmates will be healed by the amount increased.

Nature's Blade - All your melee attacks gain a 25% chance to randomly steal 160 stat points from targets within 30 feet of you for 10 seconds. During this time, both you and your groupmates within 100 feet will benefit from the stolen stats.

Black Orc

Arm Breaka - Needs Da Best Plan!! No Plan after dis! Deals VALUE0 damage. Removes 50 Action Points from your target. You recover 50 Action Points.

Da Greenest - All your melee attacks gain a 25% chance to reduce all of your target's resists by VALUE0 and their armor by VALUE1 for 10 seconds. During this time, both you and your groupmates within 100 feet will benefit from the stolen resist and armor.

Da Toughest! - All your melee attacks gain a 25% chance to reduce your target's wounds by VALUE0 for 10 seconds. During this time, both you and your groupmates within 100 feet will benefit from the stolen wounds. You and your groupmates will be healed by the amount increased.

Da Biggest! - All your melee attacks gain a 25% chance to randomly steal 160 stat points from targets within 30 feet of you for 10 seconds. During this time, both you and your groupmates within 100 feet will benefit from the stolen stats.

Ads
Azarael

Re: Warhammer Online: 1.4.9 Patch Notes on PTS

Post#2 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:12 pm

Interesting, especially for the Magus and the two tank classes. IIRC a long-standing complaint about the SM and BO blade enchantments / shouts/ tank specs was that they didn't benefit the group enough. Those adjustments wouldn't go amiss here, actually. The only problem with trying to replicate them is that some of them have VALUE0 and VALUE1 in place of the intended values.

Luth

Post#3 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:16 pm

There was another change, that made the WL pounce and SM morale-pounce more reliable.
The former pounce didn't work, if their was a slight height difference between the WL/SM and the target. The result was, that the WL lost the ap for using the skill (or the SM lost his morale...) and nothing happened.
They also altered the morale-pounce of the SM: instead pouncing on an enemy target and doing damage, the new pounce targeted friendly players and applied a damage reduction buff. They mirrored the abilty to the BO.
On the PTS those were the only changes that were fully implemented. The rest was buggy/never finished, as far as i remember.

eisenhans
Suspended

Post#4 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:19 pm

Well, if balancing is too hard, mirroring abilities wouldn't be the worst way to fix it - at least for a time (Covenants vs Prayers, I'm looking at you).

EDIT: Huh, tha blog has some good articles and comments.
http://www.weritsblog.com/2014/07/was-w ... start.html
Last edited by eisenhans on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azarael

Post#5 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:23 pm

Those additional changes sound quite neat as well. Fixes to buggy abilities that already exist can be taken for granted. Really hoping they get added here.

Though I might ask, does anyone remember what, at rank 40, the values were for Phantom's Blade, Heaven's Blade and the BO mirrors of those abilities?

Tesq

Post#6 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:14 pm

try to add wpds to skills is a stupid, spells alredy have all damage scaling consdering they do not get wpds, so if you add wpds you should lower all magic damage skill in game, that was a done cos lotd weapon was better than rr100 weapon, definetly not a problem here. Nor in the future and is not what game will benefith more dps on Bw/sorc is not we should aim for.
I am favorable to sm and bo fix, always had in favour with that as long as dps on classes get no update, otherwise game become a math issue on who do more damage? and this is what kill gameplay.....
More imp it could be possible that dev have in their data patch t7 armors, cos i found itiem set image in itiem image folder they post long ago :D

Azarael

Post#7 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:14 am

I do agree that the last thing the game needs is more powerful BWs and Sorcs, but I think the change to the handling of Explosion self-damage and Meltdown was appropriate. Those need to scale as the player's power increases and they didn't before. Presumably R40RR40 self-damage/meltdown damage is the same as R40 was before, and R40RR80 damage is 1.5 times as much.

I don't know about Magus, though. Last I played (a long time ago) Magi who took the single-target path (Havoc) really sucked. Perhaps they need the help.

And yeah, I'm mostly looking at the SM/BO fixes. Those look solid.

Luth

Post#8 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:27 am

The community was actually screaming for a healdebuff that scales in strength as the bw gains more combustion. The selfdamage is too easy to heal in a groupsetting and makes leveling a real pain. The healdebuff wouldn't hurt the solo-questing-bws, but it would force bws in a pvp-grp to use "meltdown", if they want to get some heal.
I really don't know why they sticked to the selfdamage mechanic.

Ads
Azarael

Post#9 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:29 am

Strongly agree. As a balancer, I would never have added something like Combustion. A BW or Sorc at full Combustion craps out a ton of damage without any significant drawback, and hence there's no incentive to manage the Combustion mechanic at all. Just let your Combustion rise to max, as fast as possible, and nuke until you run out of AP. Your sheer damage potential makes focusing heal attention on you worth the "drawbacks".

It was, is and always will be OP.

navis

Post#10 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:38 am

I can vaguely remember these changes, but I think that they were not bad although I don't think the BW/Sorc changes were playtested..

Other than that they are pretty good from what I see.